after eye surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

my left eye after cataract surgery had the wrong power in the lense and at night when i drive i see star bursts from the head lights,   I have another sergeon for the right eye and surgury came out perfect.   He said he could fix the right eye and make the hole bigger and the glare would be gone .  It would only take 10min with the laser.   My left eye is okay because i can see close up with my left eye and distance in my right eye.  Don't know if i should leave well enough alone. or go for this, Since my left eye is so good i can drive at night now. but it would be nice to get the glare out of that eye.   Not sure what to do after hearing all this horror stories

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

that is a tough one.  i have the starburst issue and did not realize it could be treated.
    • Posted

The place i had that surgery done for the left eye said that they couldn't do nothing but they could do another surgery and put a different lense in the eye for the wrong prescription.

I've changed doctors this is a highly respected glacoma surgeon that said that could be fixed making the hole bigger takes 10 minutes.

• Posted

I had both eyes done 3 and 4 weeks ago. Nothing but complications and frustration. The bright side is even though my eyes ache and one of my eyes at the incision sight is still very red i can see better than i ever had with only drug store reading glasses. When i saw the surgeon yesterday he said everything was fine (like he always does even though i tell him my eyes shouldn't be this sore a month later he told me i had a wrinkle in both lenses that would reqire laser surgery and that eventually i will get the star bursts when driving at night. I since read it will also cause your vision to get blurry. I am so upset. I really dont want him touching my eyes anymore. But where i live if a different dr does your surgery and you have problems they wo t take you as a patient. 
    • Posted

sounds like a bad doctor to get wrinkles in both lenses.   I wouldn't give up I would search the internet for the best doctor i'm sure you'll find one  thats compassionate to help you.  If cataract surgery is so routine whats wrong with that doctor, did you choose him or was he a referral.  You should back and tell the doctor who referred you so he don't send anyone else there.   I never let that doctor touch me again.

I had one eye done and waited to see how it turned out  and when it wasn't that good I changed doctors for the other eye.   They want to do them both just in case theres a problem most people would not get the other eye done by them and they'll loose money.   Laser eye surgery is the best .   My right eye healed in 2 days

• Posted

"He said he could fix the right eye and make the hole bigger and the glare would be gone ."

I believe he's talking about the procedure, using the YAG laser than does away with the secondary cataract that often forms behind the IOL, after cataract surgery. As far as I know it's quick, painless and supposedly very low risk. Of course, that's what I thought about cataract surgery in general, until my problems.  However once the YAG procedure is done my understanding is, most docs think lens exchange is far too risky to consider.

I need the YAG too, but have been holding off trying to see if anything further can be done about my problems, but I'm just about ready to "throw in the towel" and have it done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.