after the procedure

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey guys I got my procudure don 3 days ago now. I was just wondering if anyone could inform me on how long I would have to wait to masturbate and/or be sexually active again? I want to be careful and not rush into anything that could hault the healing process.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

To be on the safe side, I would wait until fully healed. I'm 7 months out from my surgery, and I've only masturbated...no sex yet! Waiting for the scrotum to go back to normal. You're only 3 days out, so I would wait a while...especially until your stitches dissolve.

• Posted

wait its been 7 months and you still haven't healed? please explain

• Posted

I have healed fine. My stitches have been dissolved, the color is back to normal color. I shave down there and everything. I'm just waiting now for the scrotum itself to return back to the normal size it was BEFORE the fluid build-up/hydrocele operation. I continue my normal activities...just gonna put off sex until the scrotum goes down. I heard it can take up to a year to go down.

• Posted

how long did it take to get rid of stitches and swelling? and how long did you wait for masturbation?
    • Posted

The stitches and swelling took about 3 weeks...that's the time it took for my after surgery follow-up.  And gradually the color came back. As for masturbation, I personally waited about three months because I was curious as to what would happen, but I was careful that the scrotum wasn't bouncing around because it was still a little tender.

• Posted

I'm scheduled for March 14.  From what I have read (Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Hospitals, Alberta health, etc. reputable sources) the advice seems to be all over the place, from 5 days to 4 weeks or more. My Urologist at Kaiser San Francisco said 4 weeks.  My personal suggestion based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever echos what you yourself have noted is"... to be careful and not rush into anything that could hault the healing  process."  Let us know how it goes for you.   

• Posted

Well for me probably masturbating a few days afterwards  i'm sure it was less than a week there is a difference my semen is clear like water it could be that I masturbate  almost daily and have for years 

• Posted

I've had 3 such operations and each time the doc said 4-6 weeks.

• Posted

You've had THREE hydrocelectomies??? please explain.  Who is doing the surgery?  A garage mechanic?  Why the repeated failure?  

• Posted

I had my 1st back in Aug 2014 it wasn't that big to begin with maybe the size of a lime. Had the second in December of 2014 as the swelling never went down and I had an ultrasound and he said some fluid had returned. I awoke from the procedure and the doc told me the testicle itself was large and only about 15% was fluid so he drained it. He couldn't tell me how at 37 my testicle increases in size if there wasn't even that much fluid to begin with. In any event I was angry so I waited a good 6 months to see if the size would decrease but it never did so I got a second opinion. That doc said there wasnt anything he could do as it was scar tissue from previous surgeries and sent me on my way. I gave up for a year but thenot I met my deductible for last year and went back to the original doc since the other doc just blew me off. He did another ultrasound and said fluid had returned AGAIN even though it didn't feel like it did to me. He said if I wanted I could have yet another procedure to get but down as much as possible so after a few weeks of thinking I decided to have it done on 12/1/16. I woke up from the anesthesia and again he said there was no fluid my testicle was just large but it was normal sized becrore any of the procedures. So I saw him about 2 months later for a follow up and now the testicle is even bigger than before the 3rd non surgery and he could give more ZERO answers on why. I researched him before hand and he got great reviews and had 30 years experience so now I'm left with a testicle that's the size of a large egg.

• Posted

Your surgeon should have either informed you during consultation or indicated in written instructions for post-surgery.

I was told to wait 4 weeks for any sexual activity and I waited 5 just to be safe. It sucks, but why chance it? BTW your semen will have a different consistency after waiting (usually clearer and less volume) but will gradually return to normal after a 2-3 weeks.

• Posted

But what about masturbation, im just wondering about ejaculation, like can that damage anything?
    • Posted

Cameronclark,  Ask your Urologist when he thinks that one can jack off.  you're about to get the biggest kick in the balls ever. you may want to watch TV

• Posted

I don't think you can damage anything. My ejaculation was strong after the surgery, and is still strong as of this morning. Just take your time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.