anxiety and panic attacks taking over my life

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been dealing with extreme anxiety and panic attacks for almost a year. When i drive i feel like im going to pass out. I feel like im getting possesed at times or that im going insane. Psychiatrist put me on pristiq then celexa and i couldnt handle either of them horrible side effects. So now he wants me to take xanax xr 1 mg twice a day. The xanax helps but I feel like im getting dependant on it and I feel so drugged up all the time. I have tried meditation 5htp magnesium b vitamins fish oil and nothing has worked. Is there anything anyone here can advice prefferably natural medications. Im at my wits end my funds are depleted i need a job asap or im going to lose everything. Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I never ever agreed with antidepresants, until late I fell so Ill, sertraline saved my life , somtimes it's needed , and iy works for most and has for me so far , I was so scared as it was an antidepresant that made me like this in the first place!! but think about it don't suffer. that's my opinion anyway.

meditation is suppose to be good as is yoga this is somthing I want to do.

God bless x

• Posted

My psychiatrist didnt put me on any new antidepressants. I was willing to try a new one but he just wants to keep me on xanax. It really helps but im so dependant on it and im scared of the long term effects. I think i might need to switch to a different psychiatrist. 
  • Posted

I suffer from anxiety / panic Attucks / fainting for about 15 years now. 

Tried online therapy but all I came across were scams.

sad that people try to even scam such Ill people like us for money. This world is horrible. Sometimes I just wanna exit this life 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.