Bartholin cyst abscess

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi please help me!! Im in a excruciating pain about my bartholin cyst. Please list some home remedies. I can't have this take to the er because doctors say they cant perform the surgery due to my diabetes. Please tell me what pain killers should i take because i have terrible time sleeping, walking, sitting and moving around. I basically need to go to the bathroom in a crab walk.but still in pain.. i tried using apple cider vinegar but it sting and made a burn in my labia that adds to the pain. I tried warm cloth but it harden the outer part of the cyst sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

Honestly from experience I wouldn't waste time on home remedies. If you are really sore I would just go to the hospital and get it looked at. I left mine for too long and needed surgery.. You need to be careful of sepsis especially because of your diabeties. If you feel a fever please go to your hospital. If you have a bath try sit in a warm one with some salt.. That can also work if you won't go to the hospital.

Good luck!

• Posted

😢😢 sadly a lot of home remidies do not work. I battled with it for two years with cysts recurring and becoming infected every couple of weeks. I would suggest go to the hospital. I'm sure they could work around your diabetes. I have the marsupialization at 34 weeks pregnant and they did a amazing job, and I haven't had a recurring cyst since nor have I suffered from any swelling. Regardless of what people say the only sure way to get rid of these nasty things is to have the op done.

I wasted so much time and money trying home remidies, but I was in and out of the op room in an hour and felt instant relief.

I hope you get better soon xx

• Posted

You MUST go to the hospital - otherwise you will likely get blood poisoning, as I almost did in July this year.  In the meantime, HOT baths (as hot as you can stand) with Epsom salts can help the cyst to burst and, thereafter, to draw out the pus.  Once the cyst has burst you will feel a lot better - almost instantly, in that you will be sore but not with the throbbing pain of the abscess itself.  Over the counter painkillers (such as paracetamol) are useless - they are simply not strong enough - you need co-codamol (30 mg).

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx 

• Posted

Will they not even Lance it & drain it? They can do the procedure where they put the catheter in. Have you taken antibiotics?
  • Posted

The easiest treatment to it is... Grab a mirror (magnifying one is best so you can see everything down there) grab a q-tip, sit on a toilet put mirror in front of your vajayjay... So you can see. Then spread it to see the bartholin duct... Found mine right beside the clitoris. Then press the swollen Area with the q-tip and you will see puss oozing out of the bartholin duct (it's like the fluid exit hole of the bartholin gland) keep draining it... Instant relief trust me. I just did it like 20 mins ago because I felt a lump on my way home... And yup I was right an abcess was about to happen. Find the bartholin hole and drain the puss that's it easy!
  • Posted

Hi pls try witch hazel and tea tree oil after sitz bath.

Mine i did was after drying myself from sitz bath i put some tea tree on it first then witch hazel cream. Eventually it will burst and pain will be relieved right away. Try squezzing it also after it burst to make sure the abcess is drained.

Godbless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.