BV CURED!

Posted , 390 users are following.

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things.

I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal gels. Both gave me unwanted side effects and my symptoms came back after a week with both. I have also tried douching with h202 and vinegar for 5 days but it did not cure me while taking acidiphilus tablets and inserting two vaginally. It did not cure me. Little by little the itch would come back.

After a lot of research i was determined to fight this as I have seen many women have it for years and not have any solutions. Here are my findings and I am proud to say I am bv free! I take a vitamin b complex with folic acid 800, vitamin d3 5000iu and acidiphilus daily. do some research on it and test it out, i promise you wont be disappointed!

36 likes, 1009 replies

1009 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been suffering with this symtom for over five years. As a young woman i was very sexually active and only started to suffer with smells and discharge in my early 30's. I have tried a number of things from folic acid to douching and BV gel. I since started to drink a mix called spirulina, which can b purchased from a reptable health store. since using the superfood it seems to put all at bay. I think this maybe my prayers answer to a healthy VJ. Please check out the benefits and also side affects.I've been using it for about 2 weeks and see a defo improvment all round.redface
    • Posted

I too have suffered until I started taking a women's flora vitamin every day and bv capsules. I have not had any issues since. 
    • Posted

Hey! I used Vitamin C with rosehip and inserted it right up there and it was honestly gone in two days! I tried antibiotics etc and this was the fastest and most effective. I hope everyone see's this! 
    • Posted

Hi Linda,

What form did this combination come in?  Is it a supplement of some kind?  Thanks smile

• Posted

Thank you for posting this! I have done this and it does get rid of it!
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing this I will definitely be picking some up tomorrow.
    • Posted

helle there,

I would just want to ask if this vitamin c and rosehip you used is the same as VITAMIN C&D3 C-500mg and ROSEHIPS? because I have these kind of vitamin and I am wondering if I can use it,. Thanks Zen

• Posted

Good morning Linda59832! I did the vitamin C with rose hips last night for the first time and it worked! i have no odor or no discharge. i'm so glad i found this site. thank you so much for sharing.
    • Posted

Did you experience pain when inserting it and letting it dissolve? I felt pain and burning.maybe I used the wrong kind of c vitamin.  Ugh!
    • Posted

I inserted 1 Vitamin C with Rose Hips at night before i went to bed and the next morning i felt burning as well but it was tolerable for the most part. The BV went away after 2 days of insertion. It didnt burn the second day of insertion though. I figured that was the bad bacteria being killed off.
    • Posted

It was a crazy burning sensation though.  So I used the white tablet one. You think maybe that's the wrong kind of vitamin c?
    • Posted

Hi Linda, this is the first time I heard about the Vit C with rose hips Iam so desperate to cure BV I'm so frustrated ugh but I went out and bought the Vit C and inserted it intavaginal but I have a question does it take long to dissolve? Living with BV is horrible and it has me paranoid Everytime I'm going to have sex with my boyfriend.. I hope I have luck with the Vit c
    • Posted

What vitamin c did you use and was the rose hip you used an oil?
    • Posted

How long and how much did you drink before you notice a difference?
    • Posted

Hi Linda I'm new here and I've been battling bv since I was about 15 and I am now 22 .. I've seen alot of positive feedback from the women using the vitamin c and rosehip and I wanted to know what was the brand name that you used?
    • Posted

Does it not leave a nasty discharge afterwards ? I did this and for like two days i had a powdery Orange colored discharge
    • Posted

Use regular vitamin c not one with rosehips
    • Posted

Hi Cici, Im a little confused on what vitamin C to purchase because there are so many!! Also you said dissovable ones, does that mean the chewable ones or are the regular ones okay? Maybe could you post a link of the specific ones you bought from walgreens. Thank you so much!!!!! 
    • Posted

Why no rose hips? Could that be the reason for the weird discharge I experienced? It was slightly pink and kinda chalky. I didn't have that prior to inserting the pill. Just curious, it still worked for me and I've been happily sexually active after just 2 days of inserting them. I did end up using a medicated douche to rinse the gunk out 
    • Posted

I had the same discharge but the smell was gone. I used a medicated douche to clear it up and I was good. 
    • Posted

It's too harsh it will cause cramping and minor bleeding. Also a thick discharge. It can also burn because of it's acidity and cause a chemical burn on your vagina as it comes out. A regular vitamin c will come out in the morning when you pee and it will not cause discharge or any other symptoms
    • Posted

It occurs with continuos use I didn't have an issue first or second time either
    • Posted

Oh!!!!! Okay so I'll have to buy more because  they most definately worked!!! I'll just take These orally then. Thank you so much Kris29 
    • Posted

Linda!!! Can you please tell me which Vitamin C pills you took? And the bottle it was.?

• Posted

I am currently going through those symptoms because I used vitamin c with rose hips for several days now : ( is there something I can do to get rid of this?? And still be able to safety treat bv?
    • Posted

Stop using it and let your system get flushed out. To treat Bv fast in a day or two you will want to but tea tree suppositiories and insert over night. they are liquid so put in fridge. You will insert at night and use a light tampon to keep it from leaking out. You will not have any harsh symptoms or any irritation other then relieve and bye to Bv. In the future if you want vitamin c use the regular one it will come out in the morning with no discharge through the day or no burning
    • Posted

I am so pleased for the first time in over a year I have relief. I did just what you said and the first day the painful itching was gone. I have been treated inter vaginally several times in the last year and none of the medician worked. I am also allergic to my husbands semen so this had made things worse for a long time. I am so glad to hear we don't have to use condoms. Thank you again your information was so helpful!😄
    • Posted

Hi how long did you do this. Are you still doing this today?
    • Posted

I used the vitamin C with Rose hip tablet not chewable ones . I nested it at night.
    • Posted

Inserted it at night.
    • Posted

I have a terrible experience with sticking Vitamin C up there. I tried 3 times in a row, but it burns with unbearable pain....so much that after 6 minutes i ran to the bathroom to force pee and used my fingers to dig the vitamins out. I have had BV reoccuring for 2 years now and its frustrating. Am I doing something wrong with the Vitamin C? Anybody?
    • Posted

It obviously isn't right for everyone I would stop using it and maybe try the other things if you want to it doesn't suit everyone I hope you get better soon .
    • Posted

Hello i was thinking about trying your remedy spirulina. I was just wondering whats in it and how many times a day do you drink it?
    • Posted

I used a vitamin c tablet with rosehips for about 3 nights and it didn't work for me. About the second time i used it i had this weird chunky smelly discharge. I thought it was gone after a few days but now whenever i have a period the blood smells like this horrible smell i got from using the vitamin c sad i'm not sure what to do

I used vitamin c with rosehips from holland and barratt

• Posted

No it doesn't have to have rosehips. I haven't tried the vitamin c meThis but from what I've read on here the rosehips burns more than without rosehips. Unbearable for a lot of women. but you are putting an acid in an inflamed sensitive area so no surprise there.
    • Posted

Method*

But ensure its not encapsulated or iteither won't dissolve, or won't dissolve for a While.

• Posted

How long does it take for the vitamin smell to do away or how do you get rid of it?
    • Posted

Linda...I have been battling BV for years now...I have tried everything I can think of antibiotics, peroxide douche to name a few. So I read your post the other day and was in need of something or it was back to antibiotics again. Low and behold it WORKED!!! OMG I do not know how many thank you's I can send you. It was just one day and back to normal!!! So again..thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!! I am so grateful!!!!
    • Posted

Hi I'm only 16 and been suffering from bv for around 4 months straight. No doctors seem to be helping me other than to say it'll go away on its on or its not bv. I've lost all hope and have just came across this website. I searched about the flora vitamins you suggested and see they are a pill so without being too personal can you explain what you mean by inserting them?!
    • Posted

Hello there first things first can I just say I really feel your pain because im 16 as well and have been suffering from this for over a year. By inserting the flora vitamins they mean directly inserting them into the vagina with an applicator or just their finger instead of taking them orally. Good luck in finding a cure
    • Posted

Thanks very much and in some ways it's nice to know its not only me suffering this at such a young age. Today i went out and bought some tea trea oil which i had also read about. I will let everyone know how it goes. Ive read some good reviews on it but we shall see!
    • Posted

Also - to everyone, although doctors have been useless in helping me the one thing i did get while there was an ointment which hasnt cleared the smell up but i have noticed slight improvement. I would recommend seeing a doctor just to be safe instead of only doing online remedies. x
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice, I use a diluted tea tree oil wash regularly and it does help with the smell. Definitely make sure it's diluted when you use it. It's absolutely humiliating and uncomfortable having to sit through classes with this. I feel slightly better someone else knows what it feels like (but I wish you didn't have to go through it). 
    • Posted

One question i have about the tea tree oil ( and this goes out to anyone whos used it) - does it help bring the smell of your discharge back to normal or does it just make it smell like TTO? I know the smell of tea T O is better than the smelly discharge i have now but i dont really want my vagina smelling like an old lady?!

And cats i know exactly what you mean, as the day goes on i find the smell becomes foul and almost like a dirty nappy. No one has ever mentioned it to me maybe through manors but doctors did say to me i will probably smell it more on myself because im self concious of it. It may not be as bad as we think apparanetly but i just cant believe that.

• Posted

for some tea tree oil "cures" or "helps cure" BV after time for me it did not work but helped with the smell, pain and itching when I was researching different things to try.  What did work for me , and let me tell you I had it so bad it would run down my leg, was boric acid suppositories.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice, could you explain a little about the boric acid? How it works etc.
    • Posted

I buy boric acid powder (not chrystals) and 00 veggie capsules, fill the larger side with boric acid and close.  I insert at bed time and use a panty liner due to the swoosh that will occur do to the boric acid.  The difference is immediate.  You have to find out what is your trigger.  Some of mine are my cycle, perfumed soaps and semen.  BV is caused by a ph imbalance.  The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less anything higher can cause a problem:

Menstruation: Blood has a pH of 7.4, so during your period, vaginal pH becomes elevated. (This is why some have it bad right after)

Tampons: Since they retain the fluids that cause pH to increase, tampons can contribute to the problem, especially if you “forget” a tampon and leave it in too long.  

Intercourse: The pH of semen is 7.1 to 8. (This is why some experience it bad after sex)

Douching and cleansers: Any vaginal infusion of water or other fluids can affect vaginal pH. The pH of water is 7, and fragrances and perfumes can also irritate the vagina.

Menopause or pregnancy: These are times where hormones fluctuate, which is associated with elevated pH.

You have to find your triggers and try to avoid or lessen you exposure.

• Posted

How long do you do the noticed acid inserts before the bv is completely gone because I used it for about a week and immediately seen a change but once the week was over it slowly started reoccurring, not as bad as it was but it still came back..
    • Posted

How long do you do the boricacid inserts before the bv is completely gone because I used it for about a week and immediately seen a change but once the week was over it slowly started reoccurring, not as bad as it was but it still came back..
    • Posted

What was going on when the reoccurance happened.  Did you have unprotected sex, do you use perfumed soaps......usually its something that is triggering it almost like an allergic reaction.
    • Posted

I used it for 3 days and have been fine.  I also use it at least once during my cycle and if my husband finishes in me as these are triggers for me.  I also was with vagisil ph wash ONLY.

• Posted

No unprotected sex while I was using but scented soap maybe, I thought because it was dove it was ok to use..
    • Posted

OK and I also take accidopillus ,folic acid and a 25 million women probiotic.
    • Posted

even the crap that is on condoms cause me a problem and scented soap even dove is a no no unscented maybe but I only use vagisils ph balance wash.   Fragrances and perfumes (soap included) can also irritate the vagina.  I use the suppositories the wash and lessen my exposure to my triggers I have been for quite sometime.  Boric acid is a mildly acidic antiseptic, so when used to cleanse the vagina, the pH level is restored to a more acidic level fixing the imbalance its also good for yeast infection.  Before all of the medicines dr.'s have you use boric acid is what was used.

• Posted

OK I have dove unscented as Well I just like to smell good lol but I see I'm going to just stick with the dove unscented and buy some vagisil
    • Posted

Let me know how it goes nothing else but this worked for me and i tried everything

• Posted

How often do you use the vagisil ph wash? My doctor said that was something that caused my BV. To only use Dove unscented/sensitive wash/soap.
    • Posted

That is the only thing I use and everyday. Dove unscented should be ok.  but because Vagisil pH Balance Wash helps support a healthy pH balance, contains LactoPrebiotic is hypoallergenic for sensitive skin and

Gynecologist tested it is all I use to wash down there.

• Posted

I felt a bring sensation but it worked

• Posted

Burning
    • Posted

Ok which vagus il wash are u taking about because all of them say pH like which color and what else does the label say? Thanks because I don't have time for anymore trial and errors because that's one of my problems first I used summers eve and it kept giving me yeast though it was sensitive formula and at first vagisil didn't even have anything for sensitive the pink one smells like pure perfume and when I saw the 2 or 3 new formulas I dared not to try them. So if you could tell me that would be great :-)
    • Posted

hey i also been suffering with bv for about 2 monhs and i have only to some gel the obgyn gave me and some pink pill for yeast infections. so im hoping your method is my break through that will sure me for good! have your pv came back since?
    • Posted

do you take them everyday by mouth or have u inserted inside u once and after it was cured you started taking it everyday by mouth?
    • Posted

Please tell me whatnot you used, I been battling with bv for two years and I'm so frustrated, when I first got diagnosed with bv I was 17 now I'm 19 and it ruined my life, when Didn't have bv I was so in to life I had confident. Now it's all gone I can't sit next to somebody without thinking there's something wrong with me.. I've tried every douching with hydrogen peroxide helps for a little but I want something permanent. PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME..I WANNA BE THE SAME PERSON I WAS 2 YEARS AGO sad
    • Posted

they have three. 1 is odor block, 1 is ph balance, and 1 is moisturizing they have the same color kind of but the odor block, ph balance and moisturizing stands out.  hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Bridget,

Are you able to use tampons now? I have two SUPER heavy days during menstruation where I absolutely have to wear a tampon AND a pad or cannot leave the house...I try otherwise to not use them at all. Most of my cycles, I cannot even use them right now. sad They make my insides feel SOOO itchy the second they are in. So weird. I'm still using the boric acid, but the moment I stop using them, it comes back like 3 days later. sad

• Posted

I never really liked tampons...kinda grosses me out thinking about the blood that should be coming out staying up in there so I only use pads. Not to mention the fact that bloods ph is high and my cycle is a trigger for me.  During the 3 days that you arent using the boric acid what are you doing?  Something in those 3 days could be the cause of your problem
    • Posted

Absolutely nothing, that's the problem. I have never used anything scented, even before the problems started, I wash with only the shower water most times, etc. Not having sex. sad My sex life is almost non-existant the past 14 months because of this!
    • Posted

Mine is always E. Coli though, and I am beginning to think I have one of the really resistant strains that doesn't respond to treatment and just evolves into a new strain each time! sad I'm so out of ideas. Doctors have no clue.
    • Posted

WOW im so sorry. It does sound like you have a really resistant strain. Ive been bv for sometime now and just watch my triggers. Im very sensitive even the gel they use durning my annual check up irritates me.
    • Posted

I use a cup. you can can buy large ones and the hard ones are designed to suck the blood into the cup. this means less blood on the walls of the vagina
    • Posted

I used vitamin C inserted and after only two hours it caused bleeding...not a lot. but enough that makes me not want to contimue. I'm guessing it irritated or burned the tissue enough to cause bleeding.

• Posted

Linda I wish I could hug you! I'm 20 And had my first experience with BV a couple months ago. I completely stopped having sex with my partner and our relationship suffered because I was so withdrawn, self conscious and insecure. It went away on its own for about two weeks and then came right back and has stayed since. It has been about a month and a half this round and I tried everything I could find. I stumbled upon this and the vitamin C seemed like the simplest one to try first AND IT WORKED! I'm so relieved and can not thank you enough for sharing! Thank you thank you THANK YOU!
    • Posted

Thank you ladies so much I had been suffering with bv for weeks and I tried the bv gels and read this forum the vitamin c w/rosehip worked literally in hours I'm so happy !=)
    • Posted

Hi Linda i have been suffering from BV for the last few years and have never known what to do. Im becoming more and more uncomfortable with myself.... I am so ashamed when it comes to having sexual contact with my fiance. I am so insecure about this. Please help me somebody! What should i try doing? I want to try the vitamin C but not sure exactly what kind and worried it will burn like those other women complained about....
    • Posted

My pharmacist said not to do it. . Use at own risk... ughhhh why would she say that wat do it do now...
    • Posted

Hi there,

I know you wrote this a while ago but just wondering once you've dissolved the tablet how do you insert it into your vagina?? Btw this is really useful, THANKYOU so much

Regards Jen

• Posted

If you're talking about the vitamin c tablets....you insert the whole tablet into your vagina and let it dissolve there.
    • Posted

Does that not cause you more problems to just directly insert it like that?

I've been suffering with all thiese similar problems for months and nothing helps! I am highly considerng giving this a try

• Posted

Do you think it would work the same if i used Vitamin E oil instead of the rosehip?
    • Posted

I have the cheapest and fastest cure!!! First I want to say that BV puts so much strain on our lives as women!!! I've never have had BV in the past and have had only one yeast infection. And u have to say BV is wayyyyyy worse!! It's so embarrassing. BV is a bacterial infection caused by an imbalance in pH. A women's vagina is very acidic and if the balance is thrown off and made more basic the bad bacteria thrive in a more basic environment. Oddly men's semen is the complete opposite it's very basic opposed to our acidic vaginas. Sometimes all it takes is having a new relationship and obviously your body wouldn't be used to your new partners sperm. So that could be a cause of the problem. Make sure you urinate before and after sex to kill any bacteria possible.

Some other causes could range from using a new and it heavily scented soap, some condoms with added lubricants can throw off the bodies normal pH. A diet high in carbohydrates and or sugar, definitely sugar. The bad bacteria love sugar and it helps them multiple and survive better. So if you are having a flare up lay off the sugar. When your not having a flare up I would keep your sugar intake as low as possible. Try to limit caffeine this is hard for us coffee lovers😕 also make sure your underwear are cotton crotched so your VJay can breathe don't suffocate it bacteria like to grow in warm dark moist areas. Also make sure not to use too much detergent on your delicates if the machine don't rinse them good enough you can throw your bodies pH off as well.

Make sure to use a unscented to light scented was for your lady business. I have to use dove even way before this first occurrence of BV. I have super sensitive skin from head to toe I can't even use perfume soap anywhere. I've never personally used summers eve or vagasil products, but if your opting for a wash I would try dove first the regular kind not the scented or moisturizer kind. All the reading and research I've done those feminine washes would be my second choice personally, I've been considering using the pH balance maybe once or twice a week just to be able to maintain pH. But I have never had a issue with BV until this time so I will continue to use my dove.

So my story is I have been dating the same guy for 5 years happily. I have not had sex with anyone else during this time. So I knew that " new sperm" wasn't the issue. I use the same body wash for the past three years expect when we all went swimming at the beach and when going to the showers there I found out I forgot my soap so I used my best friends which was a lightly scented Nivea wash. It wasn't about four days later I noticed a fishy smell starting to creep and then after another 2 days it was horrible!! I was so embarrassed when my fiancée and I went camping that I complained about having a headache from the drinks to get out of sex.

since I never experienced this before I started searching the Internet for some answers. Oh my goodness if you have searched the web on this topic you know there's a hundreds of different aspects opinions results that that alone gives you a headache and or panic attack!! So before just going ahead and doing the first thing I spent three days researching. I'm a nursing student and have been hearing a lot about taking all these antibiotics that could make you develop resistant strains which makes me so nervous so I'm totally for natural remedies. Also it seemed like 80% of people on all the discussion posts say that when they took the antibiotics yeah there symptoms went away but only to come back in two to three weeks. This makes me think of the antibiotics barely able to kill off all the bacteria therefore making the bacteria resistant to the antibiotics. Meaning a stronger strain with possibly worse symptoms SO HELL NO IF I CAN FIX THIS WITHOUT ANTIBIOTICS THEN THATS THE BEST WAY

So I have had this for about three weeks and have had my period for one of those weeks before my cycle it was bad the worst that it has been during the 3 weeks. After my cycle it got better I even thought it was fine until my man wanted to have sex and during foreplay I noticed that smell faintly and then pulled out of doing anything. A few days later I had to break down and tell him because I didn't want him to be hurt and think I didn't want him anymore because since camping I haven't had sex in weeks with him. Thank god he is understanding and very mature. Just an all around great guy. I know this would be so embarrassing and yeah it was but like I said he is very understanding maybe that's from growing up with nothing but girls.

SO HERES WHAT I DID THST MADE MY SYMPTOMS START TO NOTICEABLY CHANGE OVERNIGHT!!!!!! Just so you know the only symptoms that I was experiencing was the fishy smell and the grayish white discharge. I had no itching or burning. Some will have this symptoms and some will not. But the fishy smell is a definite BV sign that will be the one thing everyone will have this symptom. So I researched all over and finally decided to use the vitamin C with rise hips. You want to make sure to get the 500mg ones at most. With rose hips. DO NOT GET THE FLAVORED AND OR CHEWABLE ONES MAKE SURE TO GET THE ORAL UNCOATED 500mg VITAMIN C WITH ROSE HIPS its at wal mart for not even three bucks. Before bed go pee just to rid any bacteria externally. And wash your hands and stick it up there make sure it's at least in the vaginal canal you probably wouldn't want this to sit in your lips of there swollen itchy or burning. I experienced no burning while inserting this but I'm not sure if you have swollen or itchy burning symptoms. After inserting the pill go right to bed I slept with it in for 8 hours got up and went to the bathroom. Since your lady parts are naturally wet and the pill is UNCOATED it will definitely dissolve all the way and you won't have to worry about having to dig it out. You'll be fine. So when I woke up this noting thank the stars I swear the smell is 99% gone which hopefully will be gone all together after my morning shower. I will continue to use this for at least another two to three night. In which I will post again to let everyone know my results. I'm praying it will work and not come back because this BV messes with us as women with our confidence and makes us feel so unsexy. Also I have started taking the probiotic acidophilus made by rexall with 100 million active cultures let me know if this works for any of you ladies GOOD LUCK AND VITAMIN C WITH RISE HIPS INTERNALLY WORKS

• Posted

Hey there.. Wondering which brand of Vitamin C did you buy fro Walgreens? There are so many I would like to try the exact products. 
    • Posted

Hi can I just clarify with you that you used regular chalky vitamin c tablets and not the effervescent or capsule type ones? Thanks

K

• Posted

What is the name of the women's flora vitamin that worked for you?
    • Posted

Thanks, for your story its very helpful! May i ask, you mention that you were going to ost an update in your self treament. May i ask how did you get on? As your sitution sounds so similar to mine! I would really love your feedback <3>
    • Posted

Hello :-) I too have been experiencing BV for almost a year. It's a battle I thought I would never win BUT I'm trying the vitamin C. I bought a generic vitamin C 500 mg -with rosehips. The first night I took two orally and inserted one just by pushing it up there with my finger. It's an oval shape pill, not coated, not chewable, not capsule. The improvement was immediate, no odor and no thick discharge. I don't have itching. The second night a only took one orally and one inserted in. I also stopped using my usual Olay and switched to vagisil ph the same day I bought the vitamin c. Today will be the third day and I am not going to insert one tonight because I want to know if it will come right back. I'm going to continue taking vitamin c orally and I am also going to buy a probiotic to start taking. I have used flagyl pills but it came back after a week or so. I used the gel but it comes back a week later with that too. I also tried the Boric acid home made capsules but those only worked on the days used them and the smell would be there the next day. I used those for 2 weeks and the day I didn't use one the smell was back. I'm so desperate so be normal again! I will update every day with symptoms and changes to anything. Right now I feel great :-) no odor and no discharge. Im so hopeful.

I want to include a few things;

I rewashed all my underwear and did not use fabric sheet

I also washed all my bottoms (jeans, pajama pants, everything)

I'm a coffee drinker so today I only had one cup, Im cutting back

I shower twice a day now (I have a 1 or old and 2 or old so my time is limited lol) instead of only once

I cut back on sugar too even though I don't think I eat much sugar

I stopped wearing pantry liners to catch the discharge because. I read it holds heat and moisture (makes sense)

I drink a bottle of water right before bed

My husband doesn't finish inside me (sex is not often because of my condition) and I rinse off in the shower after sex to be sure

I ask my husband to pee before if we have sex (its like a planned thing....;-) )

Good luck to you! xoxo

• Posted

Today is day 3 and that smell is coming back, so disappointed. Immediately inserted another vit c with rosehips. I'm going to do it for a whole 7 days this time. I'm still taking the vit c orally. Haven't had sex. What a bummer. I'm getting the probiotic for sure. :-/
    • Posted

Linda please tell me what form of vit c you used and which rosehip oil. How much of each were you using per dose
    • Posted

I know you asked Linda but I thought I'd answer you since she posted a year ago. I used target generic brand, its a white bottle with a red cap, it's 500 mg and says with rose hips in small writing. It only works the day I use one and maybe the day after. I only use 1 a day. It has not cured me but if I drunk at least 4 or 5 16oz bottles of water every day and drink one of them right befor bed , it really helps the next day. There is less odor ans less discharge. I hope it just goes away if I keep taking these vitamin c and drinking tons of water every single day. If you try these suggestions please post back to say wether it helped our not. I'm fed up with this, I know the frustration very well!
    • Posted

Im looking for a more preventative solution but if you are not finding the vitamin c helpful, you can also do a 1/2 hydrogen peroxide & bottled water solution soak a tampon & insert for only 15 minutes and its gone works every time and INSTANTLY! You can find this online for more info.
    • Posted

Hey, I was wondering if you could still have babies because I'm going through the same thing. I'm only 17 and I been going through a BV for 7 months and I'm scared that in the future I'm not going to be able to reproduce kids... Please answer.
    • Posted

Hey, I was wondering if you could still have babies because I'm going through the same thing. I'm only 17 and I been going through a BV for 7 months and I'm scared that in the future I'm not going to be able to reproduce kids... Please answer.
    • Posted

• Posted

Hi Ladies, 

I thought i would share my interesting facts on my journey to curing my BV!

I suffered for around 5 years on and off, went to doctors go mex

worked then would come back again sex and didnt matter of time frame so it was a repeated over and over! After battling for years with antiboitics and been on them more then not i wanted a actual FIX! My BV came when under stress or on depression i think may have been a trigger. i also had no related sugrey and i was on medication for a while, which i think really upset my flora in my gut, so i think i got candia. 

I am now cured and fell amazing! great sex life again and not embrassed around my very undersanding partner <3

i reserch a crazy about of things and ph, gut issues, akline diets and how this effects us esp. females.

i learnt and happy healthy fanny ph is 3.8 and bv acures at 4.5 

semen 7.1 - 8.0 

saliva approximately 7.4

blood 7.3

distilled white vingar 2.4

apple cider vinegar 5

hydro peroxide 1-5

vitimin c actually has no acid effects on the bodys acid levels 

i use vit c 1000mg 4 days in a row intrenally slow release tablets at night before bed, sometimes even arround dinner time i didnt really find it unpleasnt as i was keeping the bigger piture in mind!

morings were interesting orange scent and chalky powder to address in my nickers. 

after 4 fruitfuled days i seems fresh and confident! yahhhhhhh 

but when my periods or i hade sex i sometimes would smell it slighty very fantly. i use a diva cup not tampons and my partner use no protection i have a iud though.

i change my diet to  plant based vegan, and omg i am fresh like brand new!!! even if i dont shower for two days (gross i know) its crazy i feel increbile and the benifts over all are insane. i fell i wasnt fixing my bodys issuses but treatig the syptoms and now i feel i have flusg out the problums and feel truing amazing! it was mucg easyier then i thought as well. even a high alkanlie diet i belive would do the world of good.

supps i take 

oregano oil 3drops daily

zinc

zoloft - coming off because i feel amazing 

sea kelp

vit a 

vit c 1000mg 

recently a non- smoker

i="" reserch="" a="" crazy="" about="" of="" things="" and="" ph,="" gut="" issues,="" akline="" diets="" and="" how="" this="" effects="" us="" esp.="" females.="" i="" learnt="" and="" happy="" healthy="" fanny="" ph="" is="" 3.8="" and="" bv="" acures="" at="" 4.5 ="" semen="" 7.1="" -="" 8.0 ="" saliva="" approximately="" 7.4="" blood="" 7.3="" distilled="" white="" vingar="" 2.4="" apple="" cider="" vinegar="" 5="" hydro="" peroxide="" 1-5="" vitimin="" c="" actually="" has="" no="" acid="" effects="" on="" the="" bodys="" acid="" levels ="" i="" use="" vit="" c="" 1000mg="" 4="" days="" in="" a="" row="" intrenally="" slow="" release="" tablets="" at="" night="" before="" bed,="" sometimes="" even="" arround="" dinner="" time="" i="" didnt="" really="" find="" it="" unpleasnt="" as="" i="" was="" keeping="" the="" bigger="" piture="" in="" mind!="" morings="" were="" interesting="" orange="" scent="" and="" chalky="" powder="" to="" address="" in="" my="" nickers. ="" after="" 4="" fruitfuled="" days="" i="" seems="" fresh="" and="" confident!="" yahhhhhhh ="" but="" when="" my="" periods="" or="" i="" hade="" sex="" i="" sometimes="" would="" smell="" it="" slighty="" very="" fantly.="" i="" use="" a="" diva="" cup="" not="" tampons="" and="" my="" partner="" use="" no="" protection="" i="" have="" a="" iud="" though.="" i="" change="" my="" diet="" to=""  plant="" based="" vegan,="" and="" omg="" i="" am="" fresh="" like="" brand="" new!!!="" even="" if="" i="" dont="" shower="" for="" two="" days="" (gross="" i="" know)="" its="" crazy="" i="" feel="" increbile="" and="" the="" benifts="" over="" all="" are="" insane.="" i="" fell="" i="" wasnt="" fixing="" my="" bodys="" issuses="" but="" treatig="" the="" syptoms="" and="" now="" i="" feel="" i="" have="" flusg="" out="" the="" problums="" and="" feel="" truing="" amazing!="" it="" was="" mucg="" easyier="" then="" i="" thought="" as="" well.="" even="" a="" high="" alkanlie="" diet="" i="" belive="" would="" do="" the="" world="" of="" good.="" supps="" i="" take ="" oregano="" oil="" 3drops="" daily="" zinc="" zoloft="" -="" coming="" off="" because="" i="" feel="" amazing ="" sea="" kelp="" vit="" a ="" vit="" c="" 1000mg ="" recently="" a="" non-="" smoker="">

i reserch a crazy about of things and ph, gut issues, akline diets and how this effects us esp. females.

i learnt and happy healthy fanny ph is 3.8 and bv acures at 4.5 

semen 7.1 - 8.0 

saliva approximately 7.4

blood 7.3

distilled white vingar 2.4

apple cider vinegar 5

hydro peroxide 1-5

vitimin c actually has no acid effects on the bodys acid levels 

i use vit c 1000mg 4 days in a row intrenally slow release tablets at night before bed, sometimes even arround dinner time i didnt really find it unpleasnt as i was keeping the bigger piture in mind!

morings were interesting orange scent and chalky powder to address in my nickers. 

after 4 fruitfuled days i seems fresh and confident! yahhhhhhh 

but when my periods or i hade sex i sometimes would smell it slighty very fantly. i use a diva cup not tampons and my partner use no protection i have a iud though.

i change my diet to  plant based vegan, and omg i am fresh like brand new!!! even if i dont shower for two days (gross i know) its crazy i feel increbile and the benifts over all are insane. i fell i wasnt fixing my bodys issuses but treatig the syptoms and now i feel i have flusg out the problums and feel truing amazing! it was mucg easyier then i thought as well. even a high alkanlie diet i belive would do the world of good.

supps i take 

oregano oil 3drops daily

zinc

zoloft - coming off because i feel amazing 

sea kelp

vit a 

vit c 1000mg 

recently a non- smoker

>

• Posted

Hi I been having smelly discharge its gonna be two months on April 16 and idk what to do is the worst I got checked for infections everythcake out good. But I just gave birth on February 16 I need help. Please help any advice pleaseeeeee.. Thanks
    • Posted

Hi I been having smelly discharge its gonna be two months on April 16 and idk what to do is the worst I got checked for infections everythcake out good. But I just gave birth on February 16 I need help. Please help any advice pleaseeeeee.. Thanks
    • Posted

How do you know that you are allergic to your husbands semen? 

I seem to always get this nasty smell after my husband finished in me, I also have the Mirena IUD, for my periods since they are so bad I had to do something. This is my fifth year on the mirena and I love it but will be having it removed in June and deciding on if I want another one placed. 

Do you think that it is because of my husbands semen inside of me making me get this infection and smell or could it be from my IUD or something else? 

Please and thank you, I am just having such a horrible time with this and I do not feel comfortable about myself anymore. 

• Posted

linda.. Can i get a link or a picture  there's so many. ,, please..  
    • Posted

Sophie, could u show me a picture of the bottle , theres so many 
    • Posted

How has it been since you done this and how often do i insert it
    • Posted

dear linda59832 - thank you very much for sharing this. I have been suffering from BV (or whatever causes that weird fishy smell beneath for 3 yrs now. Tried everything - antibiotics, online trick insert apple cider soaked vinegar tampon inside (never do it - it actually made it worse) .... insert yougurt dipped tampon - DO not try it as well, it caused infecion to spread and I ended up in ER with sever abdomen pain. With antibiotics prescribed by doct, it goes away for a while, but always get it back with unprotected sex, oral sex .. or just about any contact. ....

I do not know what triggers my infection down there ... always careful in maintaining good hygeine, single so no one partner, possibly that - but always careful with protected sex. Even oral sex triggers my BV ... cant be asking partenr to brush/clean mouth everytime sad but I have done that too - embarassing and makes me insecure - paranoid. 

Luckily I have seen your post, tried Vit C with rosehip and also bought probiotic ... So teh first night I inserted Vit C with rosehip, and also took orally a probiotic .... I read those cases of burnings sensation, was prepared for it - luckily i had no irritation at all. The smell is gone next morning - so happy... will continue to do this for few more nights. Will keep you all posted. :-) I know how this can make you feel insecure, embarrsing dates, and feel depressed. I want to share whatever works with all others suffering from it. Ho

• Posted

Hello how you doing! Today my first day on this website.I have tried diff things nothing work for me, so i wanna try the vitamin c and rose hip can you tell me where to find rosehip n how do i apply it together or separate and is it vitamin c or its vitamin c with a certain amount of milligrams
    • Posted

I tried it last night, it burned and itched so bad after 10 mins I removed it. I bought Vit c 500 mg with rosehip tablets in it,  at Walmart. Like the posts said, I inserted below. I had read on another site to try probiotic down there, which makes sense because it has acidophillus, which is for restoring your flora. I will try that tonight. Good luck with everything! I did take 2 probiotic pills and 2 of those vit c pills orally yesterday and today. I also bought the ph balance vagisil wash to start using.
    • Posted

Can you please explain in detail exactly what you did ?
    • Posted

Thank you sooooooooooo much it worked. I am bv free and now I'm about to give my man the ride of his life. I stop having sex for 2 months because of this and I love sex!!! I used the vitamin C with rose hips 500 mg organic 100 ct tablets from Walmart which only cost me $1.98+tax!!!!! I am sooooo happy to be free of this embarrassing fishy odor!!! I free so sexy and free right now. Thank you sooooo much for sharing Linda you're awesome and my sex life is back to normal!!!!
    • Posted

I tryed it last night and it WORKED I am soooo thankfully. I can't believe that terrible odor has vanish with in hours with only one TABLET and I as well experience no pain!!! I paid $1.98 for a bottle that had 100 tablets in it and I already have GREAT results. I will be helping other ladies as well. This maybe the BEST and most EFFECTIVE CURE!!!!!😀😀😀
    • Posted

Hi Linda, could you please tell me what kind of vitamin c I am supposed to get to treat this BV?
    • Posted

Is it a specific brand that you bought or is it any brand?
    • Posted

I have suffered for over 6 years, nothing from Dr ever worked. Rephresh gel would clear up the odor for a few days and then the bv was back full force. The vit C did not work and burned however i will share what worked for me. I got the acidophilus, also B vit w/folic acid, vit d3 2000 iu and i soaked a tampon in 50% hydrogen peroxide 50% water and inserted for 15 min two nights in a row. Took the vit orally each nite. On the 3rd nite i took the vitamins, etc and also placed one tab of acidopholis in vaginally. Each day i insert the acidophilus at bedtime and take vitamins. I have no smell or discharge anymore. It has been 6 days total. What a relief!! It cost me over 70 dollars but worth every cent! Try this ladies! I also am takin vit c orally!!

• Posted

Hi casa. I'm just wondering how everything is going for u now? I'm currently taking vitamins but do not have a partner. Mine is triggered with sex. I'm afraid to have sex. I started seeing someone new and uts inevitable its gonna happen. I'm curious if takin the vitamins keeps it away even after its gone and u have sex again?

• Posted

Honestly I felt no worse after sex. I will say if i go more than 4 or 5:days without inserting the acidolphilus vaginally I feel like it will come back. Small amount of discharge etc. Still it is so much better than before. Antibiotics do not seem to be the answer and I gave up on even asking Dr' s in this area. They behave as if this isn't a widespread issue. I guess they dont care, if it doesn't fatten their pocketbook they won't help!!

• Posted

I know what u mean. My doctor just said I'm not sure y u keep getting it. Next time we will look deeper into it if u would like. G U THINK! I was so mad. Anyway, so as long as ur takin the vitamins it doesn't even smell when ur having sex? That's what I'm afraid of, especially with a new partner. I was gonna tell him bout the problem before we did it just in case it happen but its so embarrassing just talking bout it. And I also have never inserted it, just stopped having sex and have been takin them orally.

• Posted

Try inserting vaginally. The vitamin C burned, I had to douche it away after about 30 min. Oh, and no I didnt have any odor during sex. The acidolphilus gives no pain or burning.
    • Posted

Well I haven't inserted any and before I started taking the vitamins orally my period even smelled different and horrible. I have gotten my period again after taking the vitamins and the smell is back to normal. But I have still yet to have sex. I'm so afraid of the smell being there.

• Posted

Oh I'm not sure if I mentioned I only take the acidophilus and a b12 vitamin to get these results.

• Posted

Michelle,. I dont think it works as well without inserting vaginally. I have read via this website of making a paste of the acidophilus and using an applicator like is used for yeast cream. I have not tried that method.

• Posted

I should just do that then...I would hate to find out the wrong way that what I am doing doesn't work. That would really suck lol. Thanks for all ur help Andrea!!

• Posted

I have just come back from GNC with a boatload of vitamins in hand ready to start this regimen. The only thing I am leery of is inserting the vitamin C internally. I see results of doing this but I also see the posts of burning, nasty orange discharge & the need " to get it out". The last thing I want is another mess up there. Is there anyone on this site that has only taken all these orally & has seen results? The thought of soaking a tampon in vinegar or peroxide....ugh. B complex with 800 folic acid, C with rose hips, D 5000iu, acidophilus. Done. Night 1.

• Posted

I have only taken them orally. I have noticed the difference. But I am also not sexually active. I am kinda scared to be...not knowing if the smell might be there if I do it. Altho we all know u don't need to have sex to smell it, it just smells worse when we do. So anyway, I kinda don't want to have sex yet in case there might be a hint of something there. But for me myself I have taken only orally and I am fine now. When I have sex again I'll let u know how that worked lol

• Posted

I personally will never insert Vit C vaginally again. It hurt. I suppose if it works for certain individuals that is great. I use the acidolphilus only.
    • Posted

Don't use the vit C if u are hesitant. It burned me. I use the acidolphilus, i didnt have a pessary so with necessity being the mother of invention I used a tampon and put the tab in the end then carefully removed the tampon. This was my answer to pushing the tablet inside me. I guess it sounds tacky but it worked and tampons cost 5 dollars notcthe 40 that a pessary doesvnot to mention i live in a small town and couldnt get one at the local drug store

• Posted

So I told u I would let u know if it worked completely after I had sex. It didn't!! I guess just takin them orally isn't enough. Definitely listen to Andrea. Inserting them has to be a must.

• Posted

It didn't work taking them just orally. Andrea was right u have to insert the acidophilus

• Posted

Hi Linda, I can't thank you enough for your kind advice on the subject, it worked after 1 night, no smell, no symptoms at all; I've been constantly on and off metronidazol and BV always used to come back; such a comfort now, big thank you once again!

• Posted

500 mgs of organic vitamin C with rosehip inside you vigina for 2-3 nights - works like a charm
    • Posted

Hi so you think BV comes on every time you have sex? That's what I think causes it the semen 

• Posted

I used vitamin C with rosehip. It started burning really bad . I went to per and cleaned myself seen some blood.

So I will try regular Vit. C.

I had BV. For over 4 years. I have no sex life.

Sick of having this.

• Posted

I can't thank you enough for this information! I tried evening and after a year nothing worked!!! How did you find this out??? Thank you thank you so much!!!

• Posted

I took vit C for 2 days only then had sex and then BV came back; I did some more research and in Canada for example they have a vaginal vit C and the treatment takes 7 days; so I started again 7 days 500 mg vit C with rose hip vaginally but this time I also started taking orally Advanced 40+ Acidophilus tablets (and take it everyday) 4 weeks have passed, had sex (I and my boyfriend don't use condoms) and no BV so far - touch wood smile

• Posted

Hello

Do you know if I can get the Vit C online anywhere? Thanks

• Posted

Sure any drug store or store that sells cold remedies has it. U need white tablets with rose hips. I used 500 mg but I've read on here that some used 1000mg. I purchased for $7.

• Posted

Thanks!! That's good to know! I plan on using the Vit c inserted in me for another 3 nights and I will take the probiotics daily as I love the way they make me feel clean inside and out. My skin is great, bowels are super regular, no bloating and I feel light- even after a big meal. I never felt this before.

• Posted

Hello, I know this post was awhile ago but I am desperate to get rid of my BV. Can you please help me understand what vitamin C I can get and howner I insert it?
    • Posted

Please tell me what you did and what kind you used I'm tired of pills from the obgyn. I haven't been intimate with my husband at all.

• Posted

Hello! Has the smell every come back? Thinking of tryin this wink thanks!

• Posted

Hi Bridget1229, do u knw where I could get boric acid suppositories already made? I bought the stuff off Amazon to make them but nervous to do myself!
    • Posted

I know your response to this was over a year ago & im hoping you'll see this but did you insert in just once & it was gone?

• Posted

You insert them into the vagina at night just like you would a tampon.
    • Posted

Hi Linda can you please tell me the brand and how did u find this info out.. I really want more info if you can .. I get nervous just putting anything up there.. Thank you...
    • Posted

babyt36 hope this helps I use the boric acid as well and I found ordering from unknown sources or strangers online was not wise....soo I spoke with my Dr and had her write me a script for the boric suppositories and called around to pharmacies to find one that does compounding(usually one will be able to refer u if they don't do) and that was the best idea I ever had on those they mix the powder in a trusted pharmacy setting in a cream and mold them into shape sure made a hugeeee difference and is smooth!!! I keep them in the fridge so is very soothing when needed. You can order applicators online or ask the pharmacy. Thought I would share this for anyone considering ordering or making yourself...Don't...Lol...ur lady parts will thank u Lol...my script was for 600 mg of boric acid that is good to know most drs don't use that remedy anymore so they may not know. Good luck I myself battle it with diabetes and lupus being a known additive 🙁 the only prob I have with them is they cause uti issues for me 🙁 but they do fix I think temp at least for me...

• Posted

I hope you are still on this site what form of Vitamin C did you use, Chalk type, liquid?
    • Posted

Hi. Can you define exactly what brand and dose ypu used? Gratitudes.
    • Posted

What kind of vitamin c did you buy?? Was it a capsule or chewable or what??
    • Posted

hi, did you get itching with BV?? I've had it for 6 months now just won't go awaysad

• Posted

Hi Linda, what form was the vitamin C in? And how did you come about that info. Are you still cured?
    • Posted

How did you use the vitamins to insert? Do you just insert vitamin capsules and if so what kind and how many milligrams?
    • Posted

Hi linda i need some help i have bv its been ongoing and will not go away with medications
    • Posted

hello linda59832. I know it's been awhil since u wrote this, but I just came across this and I was wondering if u use vitamin c 1000mg or the 500mg? 

• Posted

also, can be coated caplet? 
    • Posted

Hi good day can you please tell me what vitamin c did u use and what is rosehip?... Please help me oug
    • Posted

I used Nature's Way Vitamin C-500 with Rose Hips, Capsules - 100 count. I take them orally and insert vaginally. I also take Oil Of Oregano capsules - gel. I got them off of Amazon. Great benefits. 

• Posted

Nature's Way Vitamin C-500 with Rose Hips, Capsules - 100 count

• Posted

Thanks so much for posting this. I have suffered from BV for years. Mine come far and few. Still trying to find my triggers. I went to the Dr two months ago was prescribed medication. It worked. For 2 months. Which is how I stumbled upon this thread. I am extremely happy that I did. I went to Kroger (supermarket) and purchased Vitamin C with Rosehip 500mg. (I accidentally bought chewable). I did not experience any burning or discomfort that a couple of women mentioned. I inserted it  right up in there after a shower and went to bed. The next morning aka today I noticed traces of orange in my panties from the vitamin. That may be because I got chewables. But what I noticed more than anything NO SMELL AT ALL!!!!! I will continue for the next two nights just to be certain it's good and gone. Lol. I have not changed my diet although it was borderline good/bad anyways. Hope this helps someone 😊

• Posted

Hello I had my BV for four weeks now I want this to be gone. 

How do I mix the mixture

• Posted

How long does it takes to go away 
    • Posted

Hello where can I get the items from to insert and how may days to use this?
    • Posted

hi I know this has been awhile since you wrote this but can you explain a little more in too detail about which method worked for you. Was it just taking the vitamins orally and inserting the acidophilus vaginally? or was it soaking the tampon in hydro peroxide and taking orally and vaginally? and my last question is was the pill you inserted a capsule? TY?
    • Posted

Hi so u insert the pill in the vagina for two day or jus once and it was gone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.