BV CURED

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ladies, I am finally syptom free and thought I'd share my story as inspiration.

About a year ago, I got it but it disappeared almost immediately but it returned again this year in June. I thought it was because I had slept with more than one guy, that they had slept with others or maybe, since I hadn't had my period in about three months, I had hit super early menopause. The real cause? Hyperthyroidism. This past year has been insane for me in many ways and mostly bad. I lost a lot of weight in January this year and then I gained a lot because I was constantly hungry and therefore eating a lot more (about 3 times more than I needed), sweating, feeling tired. All of this because of my thyroid. So, I was given some antibiotics for my BV (which didn't work) and thought I'd need to go back to my doctor but after a few days, it just magically disappeared. Incidentally, it went away at the same time as something very stressful in my life disappeared. I haven't been symptom free for this long since I got it a few months ago (symptom-free for three weeks) and now I know it is because of the thyroid (the hyperthyrodism caused amenorrhea which, in turn, can cause BV). So, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR, basically. Don't sit here and read about remedies which include putting stuff up your vagina. I know it's frustrating and I tried both garlic and c-vitamin myself (it didn't work). After a couple of months I had almost gotten used to the smell and my boyfriend actually liked it but I wanted to go check with my doctor that it wasn't more serious. And it was. And now I'm taking care of it. I have also adjusted my diet since (my appetite has decreased dramatically and I've lost the weight I put on - 40lbs!!!) - little to no: meat, dairy, eggs, fish and plenty of veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds. I look and feel amazing and I feel so lucky to have found the cause for my BV.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You do know that BV isn't sexually transmitted?
    • Posted

Actually, I don't know but I do believe that it is sexually transmitted! Papers suggest this but I guess it depends on your general health and condition to begin with smile

From my own experience it hasn't made a difference (sex, no sex, sex with more than one partner). What really made a difference was taking care of the actual cause - my hyperthyroidism. 

• Posted

It is not sexually transmitted. Virgin have gotten bv. Bv is a pH imbalance. Things that can cause this problem ...semen, perfumes, menstrual cycle oh and menopause alone with other things.
    • Posted

Yes, I've read the same internet pages as you smile Per definition it's not an STD but it does transmit sexually. There is a difference; men cannot be carriers so women have a hard time catching it from a man unless he literally just slept with another woman. However, women who sleep with women who has BV CAN get it and a man CAN give it BACK to you. And whether you get it or not depends on the things you mentioned and in my case, hyperthyroidism. 
  • Posted

What do u take for your thyroid problem, and how quickly did u get an improvement? I have symptoms of BV, sweats and can't control my eating! Also i am very dry in the lady area, like constantly. I saw the doctor and getting my bloods back next week, we are looking at thyroid as well as hormones for early menopause...

I'm very happy for you btw, want this to be me soon :-)

• Posted

You will be where I am soon, promise! My doctor gave me something that treats the symptoms of hyprthyrodism - Inderal. It helps with the heart palpitations and the sweats and the way my body and mind works is that since my body isn't sending stress signals I naturally got less stressed. The dryness will go away once levels stabilize but in the meantime feel free to moisturize (I use coconut oil since it's a natural disinfectant). Once your doctor prescribes what you need you'll be fine and please, I know it's hard, but try to not stress as this too can cause BV*

To rid yourself of the odor you can try som probiotic yoghurt (proven to actually cure BV if you do it for a month: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24299970 )

I wish you a speedy recovery!

*Increased psychosocial stress is associated with greater bacterial vaginosis prevalence and incidence independent of other risk factors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.