cant walk upright due to loss of lumbar lordosis from muscle spasm

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've suffered on and off with sciatica since 2009 . But the past 6 weeks I've been in absolute agony. I physically can't walk upright as the day goes on. I've been prescribed, co-codomol, diazepam and naproxen which do not touch me at all. I requested an xray which came back with the results of slight loss of lumbar lordosis due to muscle spasm! The doctor could only recommend (more painkillers) massage , of which would be a 4month waiting list on the NHS so I've gone private. She asked all the usual questions and basically massaged for 5mins my right leg and bum cheek. She gave me a sheet with some exercises to do and told me to come back in 2weeks if I needed to.

I've done the exercises, I sit a lot on an exercise ball to help improve my posture but still iam in excruciating pain and from midday I'm bent over like an 80yr old. Iam 34 with a 1 year old who is suffering because I can't take him out anywhere except the garden. Even with the sciatica I was out walking everyday pushing the pram absolutely fine.

Sorry for going on and on. Has anybody had this (whatever this is ) and is there light at the end of the tunnel :'(:'( Iam desperate!!!

I've posted here aswell as in the lumbar back pain category x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi emma I have had sciatica for about 7 weeks in that time it has moved from my left buttock and thigh to my right front thigh and groin. It then appeared to clear up altogether for about a week then came back with a vengeance in my right buttock. The doctors have given me all sorts of painkillers including "fentanyl patches, naproxen, paracetamol, amytryptiline, cocodamol, and others, most of which are sitting on my bedroom windowsill waiting to go back to the chemists because basically they didn't touch the pain. I am seeing a phisio he gave me some exercises to do. At the moment I am in considerable pain and don;t know where to turn.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear of your on going pain I'm in the same boat as you have you tried a si belt and a pain gone pen ?? I'm on the meds your onĀ 
  • Posted

Acupuncture is the best thing you can go for,i was suffering from chronic muscle spasm which caused loss of lumbar lordosis,i took one session of acupuncture therapy last night and i can already feel the difference.go for i! Hope it helps you out,take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.