Catarct Surgery / Eye Disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had cataract surgery one week ago and my eyes are still very blurry, flickering, hurt/burning, side vision not good, I saw the local eye Dr. today and he thinks I have an Eye Disease in the back of my eyes, he wants me to see a specilist in eye diseases, but the Dr. that did the surgery wants to see me again at the end of the week.  Has anyone ever heard of this.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Adelaide go to see your eye doctor .It could be wet amd.my husband has this and a cataract. If it is this dont leave it too long before its seen.You need treatment asp
  • Posted

Hi Adelaide11735: Do you know what kind of Eye disease in the back of your eyes it is? do you have inflemation and sewellow in you eyes?

usualy after cataract surgery they should give you Drops to put in your eyes 3-4 tmes /day then the blurry and the burning should go away after one week.and the vision should be 20/20. but looks like the doctor did not do a good job? I would recommand for you to see a specilist in eye diseases to find out what exactly is the problems. My sister after cataract surgery she had fluid build up at the back of her eye, her doctor start given her Injections once / month with Eylea for about 1 year now they are trying to get rid of fluid but still no luck yet. Please let me know when you go to your doctor what the results are?

• Posted

I do not know if there is even a disease until I see the Dr. this Fri.  I do not have any swelling.  I will keep you posted, Yes I am using two different drops all day long.  Plus Artificial Tears through out the day.
  • Posted

If you had an eye disease it would surely have been found in your pre operation eye examinations.
    • Posted

Hi Adelaide. I had something similar and it turned out to be Macular Oedema or swelling of the retina. I was given different drops "Acular" to use as well as Maxidex and the swelling went down and luckily the blurriness disappeared. It could also be "Posterior capsule opacification" which requires laser surgery
    • Posted

Thank you for answering, I will keep what you said on my mind, I go to get checked Fri.
  • Posted

Have you asked your eye doctor if Artifical Tears are OK post-cataract surgery? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.