Cold Chills and itchy skin

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello Ladies, I am finally breaking down and going to the dr. I had made numerous appointments but because of my intense anxiety about this I cancelled them and resecheduled,. But, this time I am following through on Wed. I am sure they are going to do testing which will freak me out more. But, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with the cold chills and itchy skin,. I had the cold chills about a year and a half ago, addressed it with my doctor and he took my temp and examined me his nurse said it can be related to menopause, My skin especially my breast itch almost everyday. If anyone knows a good treatment I would appreciate it, in the mean time, I am trying to deal with the stres of the dr. app. and testing.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes yes yes my blobs itch all the time and the chills yes indeed I sleep with a oversized scarf when this happens I pull it up over my head and it helps not sure why but it does after a while I get over heated I take it off but I think it's me keeping the heat in my body hope this is some relic
    • Posted

Thanks Monique, I really hate getting older, because while I know some of my issues are menopause related, I worry that its also age, i read somewhere today that as you get older you are more likely to develop serious issues, my only comfort is that no one in my family on either side developed cancer except my aunt and it was cervical when she was 76. But, I still freak out over everything. I hate the being scared, i think thats almost worse.
    • Posted

Yes Age does play a roll but menopause is our nightmare like this morning my stomach nauseated anxiety running high feeling weak Lord what else women go through so much but together with these forum's if we all stick together we will get through it
  • Posted

Hi, you are far from alone in this one I suspect.  I had dreadful itching on and off over a two year period in peri-menopause. It's a well known meno pest! Moisturising like a crazy person was the only thing that helped. My GP prescribed an emollient cream, sorry I forget the name, which did help but it wasn't hugely better than say E45 etc.  However it was on prescription and a huge tub was free so that was good.  Loads of it and lots of water. I also found keeping a tube of aloe vera gel in fridge helped, applied it liberally on the worst days e.g. especially in hot weather, it was really soothing.  Hope your doc helps you.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have awful itchy skin, especially my breasts, when I take my bra off I just scratch and scratch which doesn't help!

The hot flushes and dizziness are the worse though, just can't stand it and I'm only. 45 !

• Posted

Thank you Ladies, I am praying very hard before my labs and dr. appointments. I was imaging the worse and I have to keep reminding myself that all of this started AFTER I had my tests to make sure I was in menopause and the dr, said I was right in the middle of peri-menopause and to expect many symptoms beyond hot flashes, he was right., but I have to stop googling everything, the possible diseases that come up scare the crap out of me. I worry about everything.  
    • Posted

Yes, I also googled all these symptoms and the results scared the heck out of me. I have stopped googling now and only keep to this forum or, if I have to google, I look up perimenopause related things. That has helped! Check out the book " A Strange Period"! It has carried me through some tough times. smile
    • Posted

Yes donee with googling my symptoms. I am starting to get depressed to tell you the truth, not because of the googling, but just the daily onslaught with something, its ALWAYS something everyday, the swelling thank GOD has subsided but then the chills started. Its literally different day different issue. 
    • Posted

I did the same thing Lennie. Thought I was dying or had something serious going on with my health. Had a bunch off tests. All came back normal but was still not convinced so I googled all day long thinking I had lymphoma* or some rare cancer cause I lost all this weight. Could barely eat. Had all kinds of stomach issues, dizzibess , weakness I had bad anxiety, night sweats, sleepiness nights. Still have dome of the symptoms. Some days worse than others. Just trying not to let it control or destroy me. Keep living and fighting. You will get through it. That's what you have to tell yourself every day.
    • Posted

LOL, I mentioned lymphoma to my former doctor and he said people lose a lot of weight and have night sweats, he said you dont have lymphoma, you have not lost any weight, I think its one time in my life I was happy I had not lost weight, I dont have night sweats either. I think the issues I have been googling is R.A because of my joint pain, joint swelling, I have the nodules in my shoulder and swelling in my arms, chest, legs, so I google that ALL the time, the last time I went to the doctor he said the swelling was a lipidema, I did not realize that could swell, he said its due to in short being overweight and obese and he did not see it as a major issue. I become freaked out over everything, even when I discovered my gangallion cysts the dr, said that its not serious and no worries, I discovered that you could get these in other areas other than your writst.  Its a nightmare.
    • Posted

Hey Lennie, funny how googling can be deadly when you come out describing almost every dis-ease to your doctor when your in peri/menopause stage. I pulled the same card as you to my doctor who then said, "quit being a hypocondriac!" I stopped googling from that point on.lol
    • Posted

You would think doctors would tell you it could be peri or menopause. At least it would stop us worrying.

My husband and daughter both call me hypochondriac. Kinder I think than the doctor who just thinks I'm nuts.

• Posted

I haven't had chills, itching I can really relate to. I've used all sorts precribed ointments and lotions.

MSM lotion was good. My skin is dry but most lotions including baby stuff can just make the itch worse.

I have found if I can ignore it (hard to do at times) it's better than scratching because once I start it just seems to get worse until I make myself sore. Also if I feel hot it's worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.