Consumption

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

For the last few years I have been above the recommended unit allowance.....probably average 40/45 units a week. I have 3/4 days off a week and live a normal happy life. Exercise everyday, sometimes twice a day(running/cycling). The is no issue about it becoming a daily habit at all.

My main concern is potential damage to liver - is this likely off this amount and should I look to cut down. Any advice welcome.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

why is your main concern you liver ? shouldn't it be to find a treatment to stop alcohol use disorder...

alcohol not only effects the liver,,, but every organ in your body including your brain.. common sense and brain damage ...

• Edited

is it likely that amount would case all the issues? I could quite easily stop tomorrow but enjoy a drink socially and with my partner. As I say regularly have 4 sometimes 3 days off weekly.

• Edited

stephen10011 ....well good for you then quit tomorrow..if you say you can.. put your money where your mouth is ...oh wait you enjoy a drink or two with your partner..thats a good reason to drink ..ah how much is it again??? 40 -50 units a week w 14 units a weeks is the NHS acceptable amount a week your 40-50 units is 4 times the amount per week that is recommended by NHS.

then why all the worries about your liver. lets notbbe too honest with ourselves what should be addressed is the real issue.. AUD...

Cutting back on the booze can be a really effective way to improve your health, boost your energy, lose weight and save money.

Any reduction in the amount you drink every week will be beneficial and with the right help, it's easier than you think.There are medications that can help you let go of the cravings... I wish it worked for chocolate.. so in my case i will eat 20 pounds of sugar and chocolate a day.. i'm worried about my kidneys and liver...but i like to eat sugar filled food with my partner. i am healthy , run daily and have a great job.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.