Crazy - But I feel a bit better

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have to admit that I am not a 100 percent ,but I am better than I was. I was discharged by my RA ,as the last appointment ended with him running out of the examination room in the mix of another argument that I could not afford LYRICA ( insurance will not cover it) and that it was only giving me more symptoms.  Between myself,hubby , and a new gp I weaned myself off the LYRICA. I am still in some managable pain and I have found that CYMBALTA is now in my medicine cabinet forever because I am dealing with massive depression at times. It helps.I plan to continue to go to Accupuncture and physical therspy (for my bone spurs). I am also going back to finish school, yes my brain is not the same but I was an overachiever before. I must repeat and say yes I weaned off the LYRICA but it should be done under medical advising. I have to say this as well, the doctors in my area said that I had the worse FIBRO case in this half of the state.I am not a fan of medicine nor will I ever let it control my life , it just isn't the true me.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Great News....Well Done in weaning off LYRICA....onwards and upwards.

Gentle hugs from ME to You....wink

• Posted

Well done you..what an achievement, accupunture is excellent too...im like you i dont want prescription meds to control my life.. Also its just sometimes really good if you can under a dr's

supervision to go off many meds...then when you feel youve detoxed, go back on the.sometimes one can even go back on a lower dose too..i koiw a few people who do this..their sooo worried about getting addicted to them. I don't blame them either, hope you symptoms get some relief soon..be blessed, have a great day...😍😍

• Posted

Hi..you are a very courageous lady....well done xxx

This vile condition appears out of the blue. ...it then takes over.?or rather takes away your life. ...

I have been on lyrica......sertraline. ...TRAMADOL, !Co CODOMOL. .. and quite a few other medications ( different problems )

For more years than I can remember. ...I have been very, very lucky....I have never had any side effects from any of them....and I can just stop them dead....with no problems at all.....and part from much heightened pain of course.....we are lucky in the UK. .I now get mine free because of my age.....

Bless you....I sincerely hope that you find an alternative answer for your health problems. ....very gentle hugs to you....dee...xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.