Does anyone get eye pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I fell ill with what the doctor has said is post viral fatigue at the end of August. Had a really horrible 3 months with it but luckily haven't been feeling too bad throughout mid December to now. Still feeling Abit tired but it's not overwhelming like it was before. I do however have eye pain. I had this within the first 3 months but then it seemed to go away but last week it returned. It's not there all day, just every now and then and feels like it's behind my eyes. Eye tests all been fine.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle,I've been suffering with dizziness for 4 months and constant tiredness,having tests done still but at the beginning I had sharp eye pains, it then then felt like my eye was popping out,I went to 3 eye doctors including hospital and couldn't find anything wrong,specsavers said it was stress lol I knew ot wasn't so I was told to go to my supermarket eye doctor,she was shocked and said I have severe dry eyes hence all the pains,I was given a over counter natural tear drop called celluvisc,after a week no more eye pain,good luck ,lisa
    • Posted

Thank you- they did actually mention slight dry eyes at my last eye appointment but I didn't really act on it. Just been to buy some eye drops today so will see if those help x
    • Posted

Hi,I didn't realise how much pain and how many symptoms you can get with dry eyes,hope the eye drops work,they took about a week to make the pain go away,take care,Lisa x
  • Posted

hi, yes i get pressure type pain in right eye, i think its from my sinuses, i also get itchy eyes as they are very dry, and they can blurr when tired, and i dont like the bright lights they make my eyes feel funny.
    • Posted

Yes I would describe mine as more of a pressure type pain- mine is mainly in my left eye but does affect both every now and then. Bright lights also affect me I think too- ive definitely noticed night time driving feels different to what it used to x
    • Posted

yes i find night time driving awful, especially with lowe lit lights. Hate the pressure pain though, nothing can get rid of it,

• Posted

This eye pain may be the ME/CFS telling you it's still around in your body. It's great that you're feeling better. You have apparently dodged a bullet. You might want to take it real easy for a while and see if the eye pain diminishes. Give your body a better chance to get back to normal.
    • Posted

Thank you- yes I'm certainly not as bad as most people on here- although I definitely was in the full throws of it for a good 3 months! I'm lucky that I only work a couple of hours a day for 4 days a week so ive been able to rest a lot. Very boring and quite depressing at times- especially as im used to being a gym bunny. For the last month ive just felt a little bit tired with head and neck pain but after some massage therapy the neck pain seems to be going. I did make the mistake of trying to do a low impact gym class last Monday which was a mistake as by Wednesday flu type pains in my arms and legs came back and that was also when the eye pain returned. Made sure I rested for Afew days to try counteract it. Still left with this eye pain though! I'm going to listen to my body and rest some more for a while before attempting some walks and building some form of exercise back up that way! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.