Does Edoxaban stop new clots or just reduce risk?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

I’ve been on Factor X inhibitor for several months and wear support stockings almost every day. I know that these anticoagulants don’t dissolve existing clots (the “body” does that) but not sure if they prevent or just reduce the likelihood of new ones. Don’t know the frequency of reoccurrence of clots either. Can anyone help or point me to a link/site?

Thanks

Big D

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I take apixaban after an extensive clot, I got a pain in my calf a year or so after the first clot and thought I had another, I went to my GP and they said it was fine, the chance of my having a clot while taking apixaban was almost impossible but not zero.The risk seems higher with Warfarin than the drugs we are on as diet can affect warfarin so much. I still dont sit about for long periods and get lots of exercise. Smoking is also a major issue as it makes blood cells sticky and more likely to clot. https://www.mayoclinic.org/blood-thinners/expert-answers/faq-20058261

• Posted

Brilliiant - thanks for the helpful reply V

Cheers

D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.