Fatique

Posted , 12 users are following.

Having a shower leaves me wiped out, I have to rest after having a shower. 

Does showering leave you fatiqued, and having to rest after a shower. gentle hugs to all xxxxx 

6 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kaz. Love your picture. Yes very fatigued after showering and also just having a wash down gets me.

Onwards and upwards, gentle hugs x

• Posted

I have to have a good rest after showering it wipes me out. onwards and upwards Janet take care gentle gentle hugs xx
  • Posted

Hi Kaz, I am feeling so fatigued today that I haven't even had the energy to shower. I think the change in weather doesn't help. I also have severe osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease so today I have excruciating pain in my lumbar spine. I will try and soak in a bath later, but yes I never feel envigorated after a shower, it always tired me out and I then get hot sweats. Isn't fibro wonderful :-). Sending you hugs too xx
    • Posted

hi Gizmo1963 You have my every sympathy for how you are feeling, and the pain you are in. I am in agony with slipped disc feel sooooo drained and faiqued with lack of sleep. Having a shower just wipes me out, I have to have a good rest afterwards.rolleyes isnt fibro wonderful NOT Take care rest plenty hope yours and mine pain soon ease very gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, it's just so annoying because we used to be so full of energy - I wonder if we will ever get our energy back one day? We can always hope eh 😊 xx
    • Posted

Hi Gizmo1963 Lets hope prey a cure can be found for us sooner rather than later would be nice. Then we can have our energy back, and have a life? we can but hope hun. until then battle on take care very gentle hugs xsmile
    • Posted

Hi, Gizmo:  I also have degenerative discs, scoliosis, and spinal stenosis...the doctors all think that my Fibro may be a low thryoid, but my blood tests all come back negative...It's rough just trying to live with this pain from day to day...I've lost five inches of height...
    • Posted

think the weather def plays a part i was in majorca 2 weeks ago and did loads of walking daily and never hardly had a pain ridiculos x

• Posted

Hi Carole, strange you should mention an under active thyroid as I have recently been found to have hypothyroidism and the levothyroxine I take seems to help some of my fibro symptoms. It's therefore worth asking your GP what your thyroid blood test results are and ask if it is worth you trying a low dose of levo. The scoliosis has made you lose 5 ins - wow !! Lumbar back pain is such a painful condition. I also have tendinosis, facet joint disease and sacroiliac degeneration and at the moment it is hurting like hell. I have physio today :-(
    • Posted

Hi Clara I know how you feel. I am just back from Italy after staying with a friend and the change in weather has made a HUGE difference for the worse. Hope you have a better day today x
  • Posted

i find most things wipe me out its imposs to judge all i know is its so debilitating and so annoying im sitting here typing this in and fingers are killing with pains cotton wool hugs back x
    • Posted

I have the same problem with fingers and hands being so painful. I have to take regular breaks off the lap top. I limit my self to how long I can be on for. This condition is so delibitating it affects every part of us from head to toe.Hope 1 day soon a cure will be found. gentle hugs x take care x
  • Posted

Hi, Kaz:  Yes, a shower or anything wears me out.  It's a terrible thing to have...gentle hugs to you, too...
    • Posted

no fun at all is it ? keep battling on take care gentle gentle hugs 
  • Posted

yep, me too.  In fact doing almost anything exhausts me these days.  Even eating a meal - I finish the food and instantly have to go lie down as waves of tiredness wash over me.  I find this 'total body wipeout' after doing just the simplest things to be even worse than pain.  Pain I can cope with, I can still do things even if its agony but getting hit by this sledgehammer of fatigue is really difficult to manage.  It's more than just tired, its like having flu - knocked out completely.
    • Posted

its the fatique that really gets to me too, it takes me for ever to eat a meal now. its funny you saying about you feeling tired afterwards thats how it affects me. showering completely wipes me out have to lie down after it for an hour or more. My pain threshold is normally pretty good, but at the min really struggling in agony with this slipped disc. having to be wheeled to the loo in the wheelchair.never mind plod on onwards dont know about upwards dont think I could manage that lol. take care hun gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

yep as you say its the fatigue its so unexplianable to anyone a few weeks ago i sat on the stairs to put my shoes on ready for work i could nt move i was that tired hence tears of frustration and no work for a mth doc put me off x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.