Fatty liver

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I recently had an Ultrasound scan and full blood count. My results are fatty liver and my blood shows my liver has raised levels. My GP asked me if I am a heavy drinker because this kind of raised level in my blood is seen in heavy drinkers. i told my GP I don't drink at all. My GP said, that is good news because the raised levels will be due to the fatty liver and to watch my diet.

What does this mean, do I have non alcoholic liver disease? I'm a little puzzled and would appreciate some advice. I should have asked my GP more at the time but didn't because I was I'm shock that I had been told I have fatty liver.

Thank you.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anybody any advice?

Thanks

• Posted

I wish I could help, I also have fatty liver that was diagnosed years ago with hepatitis c. they gave me a diet to follow but unfortunatlely am not very good at. My main focus is the hepatitis,which is now cirrhosis. Like you I get home from dr.wondering why I forgot to ask this or that. Can you write down some questions and call his/her nurse or PA? I've done that before.
  • Posted

Yes, I have a condition known as NASH- non alcoholic fatty liver even though I don't drink with five different elevated liver enzymes for over 10 years. I have numerous treatments by both Western and Chinese Doctors but nothing works, the excess liver enzymes levels just keep raising till I have liver cirrhosis ( hardening of liver). Finally, I found a method that drastic reduce my excess liver enzymes and I never feel better in my life. Do give the treatment below a try for at least two months and see how you feel. I will be doing another blood test on Jan 11,2016 and will post my results thereafter.

Below my blood test results ( after taking Indian Gooseberry (Amla) juice from from 3 Indian Gooseberry combined 1 hour later with Olive Leaf Extract (2 teaspoons x 2/day) plus lemon juice (from half lemon) + 2 teaspoons of honey. This treatment is combined with daily intake of the following:-

A) 3x Omega 3(with 1,000mg fish oil, EPA-180mg,DHA-120mg), 

B) 2x Vitamin E ( 400I.U.)

C) 2x multivitamins

In 20 days the results as follows:-

Alkaline Phosphatase down 28% from 192 to 139.(<130) alanine="" transaminase="" (sgpt/alt)="" down="" 28%="" from="" 66="" to="" 48=""><37) aspartate="" transaminase="" (sgot/ast)down="" 20%="" from="" 77="" to="" 62=""><41) gamma-glutamyl="" transferase="" (gamma="" gt)="" down="" 37%="" from="" 532="" to=""><51)

in addition, i lost 2.3 kg within 15 days.

very happy with test results

in="" addition,="" i="" lost="" 2.3="" kg="" within="" 15="" days.="" very="" happy="" with="" test="" results="">

in addition, i lost 2.3 kg within 15 days.

very happy with test results

>

• Edited

Mark, i had fatty Liver disease (NAFL) as long as u dont drink is a good news you just have to under go these tests: hepatitis, diabetes, cholosterol level to rule out any other disease that will make your liver accumulate fat. once you have these tests, managing fatty liver is simple, i got rid of mine in 5 months. I purposedly came online to check out people that have fatty liver and are terrified or worried because i know how i felt when i was diagnosed with it am sure you will be fine. After having my test, i was given Livolin forte that i take everyday for three months, i do excercise 30 mins everyday, all these while i cut sugar from 100 to 20 percent, i also cut on fatty foods and junks, took vegies and fruits and i drink green tea every day. in the morning i drink water and lime first thing. i just had my scan and tests last week and my liver is clear. you will be fine i wish u luck
  • Posted

Thank you all for the advice, will try some of the suggestions posted. Once again thank you.
  • Edited

Hi I'm a non drinker with raised liver results an ultra sound revealed a cyst in/on the liver possibly due to medication? I have high cholestrol but Im quite slim. Still having test, will keep posting updates as I get them.
  • Posted

Thanks Tiny T and all the replies.

​I have been on and off over the last few weeks. Some days good, some bad.

​I will have to keep trying to lose some weight and reduce the fat in my liver. Which I believe is possible.

Will post and update on any developments

Thanks again all for your support

• Posted

Hi Mark, I to have been told that I have a fatty liver, but they told me that it's no big deal and that over 50% of people have it. Mine was discovered after an ultrasound for upper middle abdominal pain, I am still not sure if this is what is causing my pain cuz everything I read online, people are saying their pain was upper right pain under the ribs. Did you have or are you having pain? If so, where is your pain?
  • Posted

I can't believe a doctor would tell a patient fatty liver is no big deal as in Pam's case.They gave me a diet plan to follow and I could only have 2000mg of sodium a day. I can do pretty good at home but think nothing about going out and getting whatever I want to eat whether it is high salt content or not. Mahmud, I caught what you said about you HAD fatty liver and reversed it. I guess I knew you could stop it from getting worse but didn't know it could be reversed. That's good to know, now the rest is up to me.
    • Posted

Hi carol, yes I was very surprised when I was told it was no big deal as well! Do you have any symptoms with it? 
    • Posted

Hi Pam.It is hard to say if I have symptoms from fatty liver or not since I hav e pains in liver area anyway. Lately, I have had bad pain in liver with certain movements. Such as bending over from seated position.
    • Posted

Doctor said my fatty liver was mild, so dismissed it as my source of pain & gave no suggestion as for treatment or follow up 😕
  • Posted

I'm suffering pain everyday with fatty liver and never seem to get a day off from it. Like Pam I suffer more above the naval but I do still occasionally get the pain on the right under my ribs.

I've give up looking for what it could or couldn't be to be honest and just get on with it.

• Posted

Hi. I was recently diagnosed with Fatty Liver disease. I am a type 2 diabetic. Apparently the two go hand in hand. My enzymes are actually not raised AST is 26 ALT 28. But numerous test show Fatty infiltration. I am having a lot of pain around my liver (front of my stomach) and pain that radiates to my back right behind my liver. Are you experiencing any pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.