Feel so low and damned miserable!!.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Evening ladies, just going to rant now!!!! 

im 46, and a family of 5, so I really don't stop what with work, school run, cooking ,c

cleaning ,ironing, etc wha a mum genarraly does, for 10 months my body has been going through few different stagesbofvchanging and a few weeks ago I was told I was peri!!. Mainly for my periods, I'm currently taking Sertline 100mg daily. Never experienced anxiety although just lately I think iam getting this. More than anything I'm so depressed I'm guessing because I have so much to do I don't really stop. I just feel drained, and just

lately miserable moody, I'm getting period like type pains but no period yet?!!. I have a constant ache around my neckband wearing a heat patch. Does things get worse? How long do we suffer like this for ? Years? I'm 46 and feel 66!!. It's notn my kids or at home getting me down just life in general,,settling was I thought helping me I have been on it for 7weeks but I'm beggining to think its not actually doing the job?. Have anyone else found that using this drug didn't help at all if so what r u taking now which would be benifiacal to me?. Thankyou all for reading to my LOL moan xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Sertline is what I'm taking have been for 7weeks BUt I don't think it is actually helping me!!?.
  • Posted

I am on seritiline I take paxil at times its helped but there are times it does not help with my sleep i get so restless at night there are times i wake up and have to take a couple of baths to help me relax. 

I am tired of this myself i am on a low dose 10mgs can not take anything higher than that

• Posted

Yes, it can get better.  I posted a few months ago detailing all my aches and pains. Exactly like yours.  The neck is probably the worst.  Joint pains and clicking and tiredness all the time. I had severe left arm pain where I couldn't lift it above my head and my legs were sore all the time.  I am happy to report after 2 years of seeing physical therapists, two rheumatologists, a neurologist. Having xrays and MRI's, I am feeling better. None of the medications helped but I didn't take hormone replacements.  Here's what helped me: First of all, stretching. Plain old stretching every single day, not a class but all the time.  I stretch before I get out of bed so I can walk across the floor rather than hobble.  I stretch at work and while I brush my teeth in the AM, in the shower. I sit on a ball at work sometimes so I can stretch out my back and neck. I take a multivitamin, calcium and krill oil (like fish oil). Vitamin D and B12 and magnesium.  I didn't see any difference in how I felt until I started the magnesium.  I took the vitamins for over a year and didn't notice any improvement but 2 weeks after adding the magnesium, I felt a vast improvement. The energy returned, I could drive home without yawning and teary eyes from exhaustion.  I purchased a hula hoop.   That helps with my back.  I'm not perfect yet, I still stiffen up when I sit too long and my neck still aches but not to the point of tears.  I purchased a shiatsu massager for my neck and that got rid of the pinched nerve in my neck.  As for the period, mine is so irregular. Sometimes it's every 21 days, sometimes it comes for 2 days and then nothing. The krill oil regulates the pain.  I don't get as cramped any more.  I hope some of this helps you and know that it can get better if you try different things and hang in there. As for the length of time....hmmm... it's been 2 years and I'm still peri but I'm not ready to jump from a ledge any longer since I know how to manage the symptoms naturally. 
    • Posted

Thank you for posting the vitamins that helps you. This website is so helpful!
    • Posted

Thanks ladies for some much apprcieteded help/advice. It's reassuring to know I/anyone can come onto this site and get some very helpful advice of many kind ladies....... And gents. TERRI16632: Thankyou for your kind advice I'm definitely going to try.........I'm trying Magnesium ....ASAP...!!. Inhavebheard that b6 & b12 are both good for being tired and also memory what exactley does the Magnesium do?  When I'm coming home from work I too I'm yawning my eyes are watering just flipping tired. My neck is again very painful this used to occure every so often but this time I have it for 5days and more tender and painful again with a heat patch on my neck!!!!!!.....soooooo Thankyou and I will try some vitamins Magnesium, and Krill did u say this will help with my neck pain. For 2 weeks now I have been experiencing dizzy spells this week again and worse. Like fainting pins and needles in my hands going extremely faint ( going black for a few seconds!!!!!!! Quite scary if I'm honest and scaring the crap out of me !!!!!!!!!.......x
    • Posted

Make sure you get Magnesium Citrate. Don't get any other kind! Very important. Something about absorption or something.  You are describing me EXACTLY. Good thing we weren't on the road at the same time! Magnesium does alot.  It helped my chronic pain, fatigue and insomnia.  It's so important and most people are deficient. Standard blood tests do not check for it. I had blood work done for over a year and not one test was run on my magnesium level until I called my rheumatologist and asked her to check off that box.  Two weeks after starting magnesium ALL my symptoms were reduced. I can sit for more than 5 minutes without wanting to cry.  The needles you describe sound like mine.  I had it in my mainly feet.  I saw a neurologist for that.  Waste of time. Couldn't find anything. That problem is gone. I haven't seen the rhueumatologist in over 4 months.  B6 and a B complex is supposed to help.  To be on the safe side, I take them all. The krill won't help your neck.  I just take it because it's recommended for us as we get older. I love the heat on my neck.  However, I have read that the heat may aggravate the problem. So I'd limit that and try to do neck stretches instead.  Look up neck retractions. They help alot. They feel weird at first but they do alleviate the pressure. I had the dizziness but never felt like I was going to faint. So here's what I'd do, run out and find magnesium citrate, start stretching.  Start by just bending over and hanging.  Stretch your neck.  The more you tense up, the worse you are going to feel. Research the stuff I mentioned and give it a few weeks. Please let me know how it goes. 
    • Posted

Oh, another thing.  I remember that while taking calcium is very important, it reduces the magnesium absorption.  I don't think we talked about that. So if you are taking calcium, that's going to mess with your magnesium level.  There are calcium magnesium citrate supplements out there. Research that as well.
    • Posted

Thanks terri. I think magnesium sounds a better option at the moment for me?!. I'm just concerned about this pins and needles in my hands and the feeling very faint ( as far as today going black sometimes is this relateded to the peri?. Good advice many thanks.
    • Posted

Here are some of the possible symptoms of a magnesium deficiency:

Sudden, throbbing headaches, migraines.

Sensitivity to light and sound.

Twitching and frequent muscle spasms.

Chronic muscle pain.

Unexplained fatigue.

Irregular heart rhythm.

Depression.

Poor attention to details, irritability, hyperactive state.

Chronic muscle pain progressing to frequent numbness, pins and needles in feet, head, and hands.

Nervousness, muscle weakness.

Lack of sleep, anorexia

I just read a post where someone was dizzy and feeling faint after, after 2 years of tests, tried magnesium and it all went away within 1 week. 

• Posted

Good morning Terri, I tried so hard yesterday I spent a full day shopping and tried and UNSUCCESSFULY without any joy I couldn't get any magnesium citrate from anywhere!!!!!!!. Finically Boots do stock this BUT haven't had it in for ages!! He thought it maybe discontinued!!!, as they havent had it in for so long?!!!!!!!. Where do u get your's from? Any ideas?!! Thanks.
    • Posted

I am in the US so I'm no help with stores because I assume you are in the UK?  Can you order it from Amazon?  I just purchased another bottle of calcium magnesium citrate in powder form the other day and am going to see if mixing that with my veggie shakes work as well. 
  • Posted

Hi Michelle I'm 45 in peri have been for last 3 years doc changed me from citalapram to sertraline 4 weeks ago and it made me have even higher anxiety so gone back on citalapram and now they've put me on HRT and say that should help bring anxiety down without ads as anxiety increases during peri so if after 7 weeks it's no better if go and see gp mine changed me back after 2 weeks as I was getting worse
  • Posted

Hi. I'm 40 and just started hrt following thrown into medical menopause when ovaries removed. I'm on estrogel and so far it's working well and made me feel alot better (I had to go months with nothing). My Dr said hrt is real trial and error until you find one that suits and right doses. I really hope you manage to find something that suits but keep bugging your Gp until it's the right one for you 😊
  • Posted

I recognise so many of these symptoms and have been suspecting I'm peri for a while. I'm taking citalopram which definitely helps but think I'll try the magnesium too. Does anyone else suffer from paranoia? I get it really bad, I know it's hormones causing it and tell myself constantly to ignore it but it makes no difference. Think I had one good week last month before it all came back!

• Posted

Hiya!

I am 43 in peri and taking not one thing except every day as it comes. Some days I can't remember what I'm doing, some I can scrub the house. Some I am like a raving banshee and some I am happy go lucky. At the moment I was hit by a heavy cold in September and I must be honest I'm fighting the urge not to spend every day in bed I'm so tired. But two years into this I know I go up and down. I've explained all to OH and the kids and they are great dealing with exorcist and pleasant Mum. You just need to know you are not alone, you are very loved and make sure you do actually get selfish enough at least once a day to say no these 10 minutes are mine and pamper yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.