Feeling terrible.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I started Sertraline about  5 weeks ago, firstly I was fine really helped with my low mood swings. BUT 2 weeks ago I started with a pain on the right side of my temple NOT a migrane ( I suffer with migranes ) more throbbing, this continued for 2 weeks also feeling sick but that was for a few days then it passed.however today I have felt sick and really bad acid reflux. Everything I have done ate drank nothing has got rid of the reflux not even my medication!. The pain I have been getting hasn't been present today? Does anyone else get this ? Is it normal at what I'm experiencing? I knw it's not a migrane not even a headache just a pulsing throb. And I'm most definitely pregnant as I'm 46 and roughly 9 months peri.im thinking could it be a side effect from the Sertiline? But I have read and re read and nothing comes up ? I'm dumbfounded as to why I'm like this? Anyone I'm hoping someone else is experiencing this and to be resumed that this is normal? Thanks ladies a

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My temples throb too. But it's not like a continuous, steady throbbing, it's much more random. One temple may pulsate 2 or 3 times and then it's done. It's never both temples at the same time. It's been happening a lot in the past few days and my scalp has a wierd, crawly, tingly sensation too.
  • Posted

While i was on seratiline I took Zolft and i had a lot of stomach issues, had to stop that then the Celexa caused me to get a rash. Then the Trazodne which has some seritiline in it gave me really bad stomach pain and raised my blood pressure had to stop that one too. 

I can take a lot of these antidepressants because my body is so sensitive to these meds i have really bad side effects with it. 

I have read that seritiline can cause headaches so you should talk to your doctor about it it could be a reverse side effect that you are having on the medication 

• Posted

Hi Susan Thankyou. Yes I'm going to see my G.P. and make an appoitment. I did think it may be some side effect? We'll see? Thankyou anyway.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.