Felt ok today after taking Amitripyline then dizzy hit tonight

Posted , 7 users are following.

Did ok today after first day on Amitripyline then for home and swept the floors and did something other things that required bending down and sure enough the dizziness hit with the headache and neck pain. I was so happy today that I felt more relaxed and no real dizziness then bam alt take sweeping and bending and here it is. I realize it takes more than a day to work. I'm more curious if any of you get this dizzy stuff from sweeping and bending a lot? Do you feel off balance and like every time you get up and move around you feel like your bouncing around in your head? Feel like the floor is bouncing around. Ur your being pushed forward? I don't get it how moving around and sweeping can cause all this.

I'll keep taking the meds in hope that it gets better. At least I had 10 hours of no anxiety or dizziness

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patty

With VN and Labyrinthitis, you will get the sensation of bouncy floors, being pushed forward, headache and neck pain. At least I did! I got dizzy as soon as I looked up, down or sideways and felt drunk all the time. I took Ativan for anxiety and it helped control it. Amitryptaline is good too....both calm the dizzies as well.

Hang in there! Mine went away after 4 months.

Debbie

• Posted

Sorry to butt in wink I'm on week 7 nearly of VN and I'm so pleased to read Ures got better :-) has it ever come back?
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that the med does work. I know it won't work in a day. Guess I'm just frustrated with this, it's been almost a year and it's getting old.

What dosage are you taking? I was given 10mgs but have cut them in half because of side effects so I'm wondering if it's not enough and I should take the full pill. I'll probably start Friday night with the whole pill.

I have MAV but am noticing most people have almost the same symptoms no matter what ear issue they have.

Thanks so much for talking.

Patty

• Posted

I took a different pill for my dizzies but i took the one you're taking when i first got fibromyalgia and it was a 10 mg dose. You should take 10 mg for now. You can cut the dose in half when your symptoms get better and you attempt to wean off of them.
    • Posted

Hi Melody

My most recent bout only lasted 4 months because I knew what it was and how to treat it. When i got it in 2008, my first bout, it lasted 2 years. My anxiety was really bad and I didnt handle it well at all. Try to keep your anxiety down. It makes VN so much worse!

• Posted

My anxiety is quite bad and I think it's hindering me but I have just started St. John wort tablets which are helping and resuming life as normal :-)
    • Posted

I have labrynthitis and I was on 10mg but I've upped it to 25 mg now. They do work will take around 4 weeks to get into your system. I haven't filly recovered still feel swayed and fuzzy headed but I an better than what I was. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Yes, I've gotten this before. Doing dishes in the kitchen sets me off. I think it's the brightness, the white sink, looking down, and moving eyes/head. It can really set it off. And the shower, as someone was mentioning before, can set it off as well.

Yes, it will take awhile to work, and 10mg is a low dose for migraine prevention. But they like to work up slowly since it can be pretty sedating. Time and effective dose should help a lot.

• Posted

What is amitripyline? I was told there is no meds avaliable for inner ear viruses? I was on beta histamine and stemitil but came off it as I heard it does recovery down
    • Posted

Amitriptline is a anti depressant, a pain relief and a sleeping tablet too. Yes that's right betahistine does slow down recovery. Only treatment for inner ear condition is to do vestibular rehabilitation exercises.
  • Posted

Hi Patty

Mine would always get worse when bending down. Even now when mine has been 'fixed' I have to be mindful when bending down. Sometimes I can bend to tie a shoelace and I can set it off again.

My condition is BPPV (crystals floating around the inner ear) and bending can cause them to slip out again (some people have damage following an ear infection that means they can always have the possibility of floating out) so I try and keep my eyes forward, head tilted up when bending. If they do slip free I am able to do the Epley Manouvre exercise to put them back on my own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.