Fibromalgia and ME

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had fibro for three and a half years now and have had some ups and downs and take MST,'  Oramorph and Pregabalin for pain. These stop me crying out in pain all day long but the pain is still very much there.

Last week I had a Fibromalgia crisis and the pain was so bad I was screaming out in pain and had to go to hospital. I am home now but am completely exhausted. All I want to do is sleep and if I do get a better day where I can get up it only lasts for a few hours and I am back to being so tried all I am able to do is sleep. Is this still the remnants of last weeks crisis or could I be getting ME too

any help or advice would be really good.

i am a 44 year old lady with two grown up children ,please help

soft (((( hugs)))) 

caroline

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Caroline poor you, I really feel for you...I was like that once..I've had Fibro and other autoimmune conditions now for over 30 years..this is what I take, firstly about the med:

Amithriptilyne .  is a Nerve-pain blocker..with sleep assistance and minor anti-depressant)..

Hiya Caroline...Amithriptilyne is  the only med I take for Fibro...gives me a great pain free sleep..- no pain..still feel a tad drowsy waking up...but that sleep is what makes this Fibro manageable for me..only get flare ups now..once  it was just constant  pain almost everywhere and sleepless nights..I take it 7pm before bed..it really does work wonders ( for me..that is,) we are all very different..I take 25 mg...never had it increased either ...started on 50mg but I was like a zombie...all the next day..dropped to 10mg for a while-still not too good but 25 mg is perfect for me..it is actually an antidepressant that works excellent for pain..it numbs the nerve ends and stops the pain from jumping on to the next nerve..hence a very painful body...the antidepressant is probably a lil bonus as most of get depressed from time to time..yes it does knock me out to give me that great sleep which is just sooo needed, to be able to deal with the pain etc the next day..but once I'm up and dressed..I'm fine.....Its great...16yrs down the track..have to be woken up in the morning..but once up and about I'm just fine.....when I was first on them I was like a zombie..but it's like a miracle med for me... it takes a while to settle in. ..also, please remember that less stress is the key to Fibro....be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx

• Posted

Hi Caroline; I, too, like Christine, take Amitriptylline, as well as the Gabapentin(neurontin) and some Oxycontin SL.......if you are feeling not controlled by your pesent meds, do try adding some amitriptylline (perhaps 10mgms at night)???........I have also trialled other meds recommended for Fibro (such as Cymbalta and Pregabalin, but these did nothing for me).........Good luck..............Bron
  • Posted

GP's can be such a PAIN at times, my GP says Codeine, Oramorph and ALL Opiates are no good for Fibromyalgia, anybody have some EVIDENTIAL INFORMATION I can take to my GP to show him otherwise? Due to complications I've had to drop my Pregabalin from 600 mg a day to 200 mg a day!!!!! Sigh!
    • Posted

Morning neilwaud; I can't give you any written evidence from Fibro sites re the taking of Opioids, but do know that I Don't seem to have as much pain/problems as many others on here do.............I've been taking Oxycontin 20mgms SL x 2 each day for over 10 years, prescribed by my Rhuemy, and do feel these Must help, and if only because of the Less pain that I have.....yes, I also take Gabapentin and Amitriptylline, too.....but am happy with my meds, for as I said, I do not suffer nearly as much as others with pain..............good luck.............Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.