Fluid and swelling in the eye?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My sister just came back from her visit to her doctor regarding her Fluid at the back of her eye! she is given Injections once every month, the doctor used Eylea for now, she said that the fluid is less than what it used to be for now but the swelling is still there. does any body have this problem and know how to get rid off swelling in her eye? I need some help! Thanks for your help in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have branch retinal vein occlusion and I too have sweeling and taking monthly eye injections with the same medicine Eylea.. I been with this problem going on 2 years. I have no cure for my problem. All I can do is take monthly injections to either try to keep the swelling down or stable.. I have a small blind spot in my central vision due to the swelling that cause some bleeding & fluid in my eye... Did her doctor say what was the diagnosis..
    • Posted

Hi charline924: Thanks for replying to me, my sister has the same problems like yours. she is with this problem for 2 years also and taking her injections every months, her doctor is very rude she does not like when you ask her questions she do not spent more than 5 minuts with her. but we have no other alternative but to follow her advice. now she wanted to send her to second openion in 2 months. I will see what the new doctor will say. this is all happen after the cataract operation the fluid started and the swelling started to apear in the back of her eye. I do not know what to do? I am afraid she might loose her vision.
    • Posted

I'm am so sorry & trust me I know how scary it is. I went into a depression when I got the news. But my eye doctors says as long as I keep up with my injections that I will not loose my vision. She even said that she has patience's that have the same problem and they are at the point where they are not needing injections every month. That the swelling got stable and they now go every 3 months for injections. My eye was getting stable and I went from every 4 weeks to every 6 weeks on my injections, but do to me stressing a lot this past month over personal stuff my sweeling go bad again so now I'm back at getting my injections every 4 weeks.. My eye doctor said there is no cure for this..
    • Posted

Hi Charline924: I am so sorry to hear about your depression, as a

Social Counsollar I always advice people to try to avoid depression because it is the killer #1. try to lesson to music that you like every day for 1/2 hour. try not to let any body make you mad no matter what the problem it is. go out as much as you can with freind and enjoy yourself, this way you will forget about your depression and all other problem that you have. the more relax you are the better your eye problem will disapear. the nerve of the eye are very small and sensetive, some time the doctor do not give people hope. with GOD"s willing there are always Hope. I will keep you in my prayer all the time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.