GB removed 1 week ago here's what I'm experiencing so far ...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

It's been 1 week since I had my GB removed through keyhole surgery.

I had to stay overnight as I wasn't passing urine so had a cartherthar put in and a kit to take home with me.

2 days after op I developed an infection so had my urine tested

was given antibiotics (trimethoprim).

Dr rang me today to only tell me that I was prescribed wrong antibiotics and was given stronger one called (nitrofurantoin) and take that for 1 week.

I still can't stand up straight and having to hold my stomach every time I walk anywhere and still hunched over.

Dreading to go to gp tomorrow as I'm getting my bandage on my wounds changed.

I've been sign off for 2 weeks (I work in an office but drive to work (1hr each way)

Base on experiences can someone please tell me how long until you went back to work and how long until you were able to walk straight? Also my stomach seems to be getting more bloated too. It wasn't like that when I left hospital... Could all this symptoms be due to my current infection?

With regards to my having a poo I had x2 solid stool 2 days after op but since this infection all I keep doing is fart and that's it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm no doctor nor do I know the details of what is really going on in your situation but I can tell you from experience I had an infaction after an apendix operation and the only thing that saved me was the anti-biotic Vancomyacin.
  • Posted

Hi guys

Latest update.

On 7th day I had my bandage changed and had a huge blister on one of the wounds so had my dressing changed. The rest was removed and was told it looked fine.

It's now day 11 and I'm still hunchback but im walking a lot more. I can also cough without it hurting so I am on the mend.

However with regards to my uti infection it's got a lot worse.

First I was prescribed trimeporine didn't work, next I had nitrofurantoin and that hasn't work either.

I'm now on cefalexin and will wait to see if that works.

But now i have episodes of colds, blocked nose, chest and back pains, nose bleed and extreme excruciating pain on my bladder.. But doctor just says wait until antibiotics and if it doesn't work. It frustrating because I pay out for each medicine and I swear I'm getting worse but doc just says it takes time and all we can do is wait if antibiotic works or not sad

I still won't be able to drive as I'm still bloated around the belly button area and the stitches around that area is red and swollen.

My 2 weeks up on wed. I'm dreading of going to work thurs...

More update to be continued...

• Posted

First things first.......You must get another certificate from your GP, for another two weeks. Then you will feel better that you have more time to heal and get better from your UTI. Paramount! Then concentrate on your healing. Health first, work later

I am 5 days post op, and feeling bruised, bloated and uncomfortable on right side. I also am walking round hunched up and this has caused my back to ache. Still, good thing is I can move, albeit slowly. My incisions have been stapled, yuk, and these are to be removed on Tuesday. Little squeamish about one on bra line, as its 2 inches long!

Last  night I managed to have  a curry and glass of wine!

Wishing you well......and remember get another certificate and heal well.

Take care x

• Posted

Hi!

Base on my experience 2 months ago, i was able to completely walk straight just lately because after op i used to hunched over like you and feel bloated all the time so,im loosing weight but, walking slowly helps me to practice every morning so, i could walk normally.

about the stool i think it's normal since you're recovering from op.

Hope you'll be better soon!

Katherine

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.