Healing question for thrombosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

my dad had an operation ten years ago and after suffered twice pulmonary embolism. After that he slowly started to talk about a pain in his right leg - mostly behind the knee.

Now he started to get blue coloured fingers as he doesn't move much.

My question is - would it be good to put him on a leech therapy - hirudotherapy? I was also thinking about vibrational therapy, but I am afraid that the cloths in his veins ( if he has ones ), could go to his lungs.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance for any hints.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ultrasound of his legs should show if there are clots present, and you can act accordingly. Blue fingers are indicative of a lack of oxygen in the blood reaching the fingers, and can be caused by numerous things, some very serious. If you haven't tried already, try warming his hands, cold hands is one of the more common causes. I don't know your circumstances but the two methods you suggest may cause more harm then good. I would only consider them if you understand exactly what the problem is. Consultation with medical personnel should be done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.