Heavy bleeding, clots, smell, tired, in pain stomach an back

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi I was hoping someone could help, every month I take my period I have massive blood clots some the size of a small orange, some months it knocks me right of my feet were the pain is that intense I can't walk with pain in my stomach and back..I have an awful smell, headache and feel very emotional, I have had children but this has only started from December..it's terrible I can literally do nothing for 2 weeks then only getting over it when it starts again, some months r worse than other does anyone experience this? If so what is it? My doctor puts it down to heavy periods, but i no there's something wrong xx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Morning Lulu, I have all of those symptoms and a couple more. I had been experiencing very heavy periods for the past 4 years and my doctor prescribed medicine to help lessen the flow as I was anemic. I saw him 6 months ago because I felt my periods were changing again, increase in clots, flooding in between periods, intense mood swings, etc. He sent me for a scan and fibroids were found. I thought about my options for a few months and finally decided on Embolisation, I am now waiting for my date.

Keep going back to your doctor or change doctors if you are not getting the help you need. There are lots of treatments available to help or completely stop heavy bleeding.

Good luck

• Posted

Are you aware that Embolisation will only shrink your fibroids and not get rid of them.What size are they?If they are too big they don't advise this procedure.I had about 4 fibroids"one being 20cm and i was advised to have a hysterectomy.I had it done on April 7th.All went well and i have just gone back to work.One advantage with a hysterectomy is saying goodbye to the monthly periods.I won't miss them.

Good luck

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

My biggest fibroid is 7cm, and I have a few smaller ones. I started taking apple cider vinegar and it has helped with pressure and pain I was feeling but not the heavy bleeding and clots.

I was offered a hysterectomy but I have a 10 year old son and I am a single mother, so did not want to be incapacitated for a long time. The rest of my family live in Canada so I don't have a support system here. So I felt Embolisation would be a good option for me, obviously if it doesn't have the desired effect, then I may have to think more seriously about a hysterectomy.

• Posted

I'm scheduled for the embolization treatment also for the end of this month. As the date approaches I become more apprehensive and nervous. My doctor insures me that it is a beautiful procedure for me, however, I am not looking forward to the pain and nausea that accompany it, as well as the off chance that it may not work. I am seriously considering doing what another member on this site tried and was successful. It is a blackstrap molassis and apple cider vinegar combo taken 2x daily. I hope things work out for you.

• Posted

Hi, just wondering if you have to take hormone pills every day?

• Posted

Hi Elena,

I have been taking the ACV and BSM twice a day since April, it has definitely helped with some of the symptoms (bloating, pressure, abdominal pain and back ache) but the other symptoms are still there and very hard to deal with. If I stop taking ACV and BSM for a day or two the pain and pressure come back immediately.

I am hoping to get my procedure done in July, I am nervous about the pain also but I feel it's the best option for me.

Do you mind if I ask how many fibroids do you have, where are they located and what are there sizes?

• Posted

Hi Lulu, you should see a different Dr. What you are experiencing isn't your usual period. They should at least do a blood test to find out if you are anaemic and do further investigations.

My Dr was quite dismissive of my symptoms and put it down to my age - 41! At the time I didn't have any clots but my bleeding had got progressively worse over 6 months from always thins to maxi pads.

I went from Having no pain with my periods to having extreme pain where I was curled up in bed having to take time off work and times I could barely walk! Luckily for me she thought she should do a blood test to see if I was anaemic, she did ask if I was but having never been tested how was I to know!! Otherwise I don't think she would have bothered and probably just given iron tablets.

I was severely anaemic and investigations started from there. They found I had fibroids and as 2angel says there are lots of treatments and medications they can give you to reduce the flow and give you back your quality of life. Good luck and hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

ok, i am going to out this in bullet points, your situation is not right:

1. see another doctor, your quality of life is terrible, they need to take action.

2. They need to get you a blood test to see how anemaic you are as you may need a blood transfusion.

3. Get reffered to gynaocolgy dept in hospital, so they can do a trans vaginal scan to see whats in the uterus.

4. you may need esyma to shrink fibroid or myomectomy to remove.

5. You need to get it sorted, you can not go on the way you are. I to had big clots and its not nice, being house bound coz you are bleeding so much.

• Posted

Hi lulu - you really must get a second opinion. In my early days of having a fibroid I had incredibly painful clots - I was pinned to the bed!! So please seek a second opinion. My case is opposite to you in a way - my periods have lightened and returned to normal but my fibroid has got bigger to a uterus of 4.5 month pregnancy. I'm so confused - I have a scan Friday morning so see what's going on.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hello lulu

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering, I feel your pain.

I have also suffered with clots and extreme pain from periods, sometimes ending in hospitalisation because of the pain. This has also made me very anaemic which causes extreme fatigue . Have you had any blood tests or scans done?

I had a ct scan and found I had fibroids which was causing the heavy bleeding, But now my fibroids have grown in size and i have constant spotting but I also have a swollen uterus which is the size of a 16 week pregnancy, I am currently waiting to see the gynaecologist to have these removed.

I would demand some tests if I were you as this is affecting your quality of life.

I hope you get some answers soon

• Posted

Blackstrap Molasses and Apple Cider Vinegar is working for me.  I was scheduled for a hysterectomy and have since cancelled the procedure.  I take it once a day and twice a day during my period and the following week.  My cycle is regular now with no bleeding between and the pain is gone.  I'm on my third day of my period now and I haven't even needed ibruprofen at all.  I used to take it every four hours!  Someone commented that if you stop taking it, the symptoms return.  If it works, why would you stop?  It seems to me drinking a glass of sweet/vinegar water a day is well worth it not to have surgery which may not even work unless you are getting a hysterectomy.  
    • Posted

whats your "recipe" for this. i used to do a tablespoon of vinegar and it worked to ease the pain but not really the heavy bleeding. How long did it take to notice a difference
    • Posted

The Apple Cider Vinegar is supposed to shrink the fibroids but it's the Blackstrap Molasses that stops the heavy bleeding.  At least that's how it's working for me.  I know because I started taking the BSM by itself for the first month and added the ACV later.  

I put 1 Tablespoon of BSM in a cup of hot water in the morning and drink instead of coffee now.  Caffeine is not good for fibroids.  Then, at night I do the same only I add 1/2 tsp ACV.  I do this during the week of my period and the week after.  The rest of the month I just drink the night version with the BSM and the ACV.  The BSM started working the same day.  I don't know yet if my fibroids are shrinking because I haven't had an ultrasound yet but my symptoms are gone and my period lasted THREE days instead of TEN!  Amazing.

• Posted

Hi shannon93482 where did you buy the Blackstrap molasses?? I too have more than 4 fibroids horrible cramps feeling like I'm being ripped apart. Taking birth control pills but it feels like it's not working anymore. The heavy bleeding is back and cramps so painful that i just lay in bed and cry. I saw a doctor the 8th and everything was ok she told me best thing was hysterectomy but since I want kids myomectomy. But open surgery which I don't won't so she going to speak to a doctor who specializes in laparoctomy. But I'm going to make an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion. Tired of talking to these residents instead of the doctor that well be doing my surgery. Since the day I left the doctors office my period has gotten worse. The birthcontroll pills were working but I don't know what happened these last two days. The heavy bleeding has come back and the cramps have come back with vengeance. I really don't know what to do. 3 months ago I was hospitalized for because I was losing to much blood due to my heavy bleeding my animec level was at a 4 which is very low I needed 3 units of blood. I'm so terrified that it's going to happen again. Has anybody been told that by a doctor that they might not be able to get all the fibroids??? I still don't understand that. This pain is really making me want to call and schedule that myomectomy I really didn't want open surgery but I can't take this pain anymore😢😭😭😭😭😭. What if it happens next month too. I'm hoping it well stop today but I feel like this is going to keep going. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I woke up this morning at 5am with horrible cramps put on a tampon in within 20mins I bleed through it. I just don't know what to do. It's been over 2 hours and I'm still having pain took ibprophen and some pain medication my mom has. But it's not helping. Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PAIN MEDICATION THEY USE FOR THEIR CRAMPS???!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.