HELP!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had really bad cyst 18 months ago....had long operation marsup...was really ill and terrible pain during healing. Once healed had no problems....but got the same pain again that I felt in the beginning

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

I have only had one but its never felt the same down there since.

The 2nd doc ( gyny) I saw told me if I was in as much pain as that again and it was as hard again, go straight to a&e as gps will give antibiotic's that prob wont work.

At a&e I was told it would be drained under general Anastasia. I would go there & if it isn't done the first time go back till they get fed up with you and ttreat it.

I can sympathise the pain is tremendous walking sleeping everything hurts.

Why I say keep going back, one gyny didn't know what it was and had a good squeeze of it,how I didn't hit the roof I don't know.3 days later it burst itself I saw a different gyne and a& e doc and they told me what it was.

I have know. Idea what pain relief will work as. I tried loads off different people ( perscrition drugs every 4 hours until I was violently sick . Go n create merry hell n sort you prob out, if you keep going back something will be done.

Hope it goes well, mine I keep thinking is coming back but it goes up n down regularly.

Good luck x

• Posted

If you are having pain again, go straight to the doctors or ER.

I had mine marisuplised back in March and thankfully I haven't had an occurrence. I feel a bit of throbbing down there every once in awhile but it never swells or shows any change. And it only does that sometimes after having sex.

Def go get it checked out.

• Posted

Just sharing my experience on this topic.  I have just dealt with a bartholin cyst. Tried all the home remedies i could find; witch hazel, drawing cream, tea tree oil, vaseline, multiple sitz baths throughout the day and night (very helpful - esp the longer you sit) etc. It got worse for me at night, almost unbearable.

Then last night -- night # 4, I decided to try: perparation H. Although I know this normally treat blood vessels extended from hemmorhoids -- I was at my wits end and needed to try something else. It worked, decreased the size of the cyst which was now the size of a grape and helped it to burst. I also think in my reading I saw most people saw relief or bursting of the cyst after 4-5 days, not necessarily due to the different remedies they tried. It's a waiting game. But Preparation H did it for me and gave me much relief, one side of the labia was completely swollen and hard and VERY painful to the touch. I still have some pain today, but think the worst is over, will continue with Sitz baths, pain killers (ibuprofen 600M) and anti biotics until completely resolved.

• Posted

Hello

How brave were you. Mind you I heard models used to use it on bags on eyes,I also knew someone with alot of tattoos that is all they used on it an there an open wind.

I will give it ago if I get another one.

Don't mean to be vulgar but my bits haven't been the same since the abscess. I have had a biopsy so its nothing nasty. Its hard and sore from time to time, but doesn't develop. .

• Posted

It's been (7) days. I think I'm out of the woods. 99% back to normal. Very slight irritation left, no swelling, bleeding or discharge left. I think I'll be 100% in a day or two. Been just doing site bath in the tub and applying a&d ointment to keep the area from being too dry and itchy. Glad I decided to wait the cyst out. But that's probably one of the most painful things I've ever had to deal with. Thought I would break down into childlike sobs on serval occasions before the chat burst. My best to all you sufferers of this type of cyst.
  • Posted

Hi all, 

i have now had 3 which all grow to the size of an orange, it makes you feel so ill as you all know. The last two I have had an Epsom salt bath & sat in there for 20 mins & both times that night it burst during the night which was immediate relief. The first time I didn't have a Epsom salt bath & it lasted 7 days & grow nearer to a grapefruit. Good knows it does suck!!! 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.