Hot and cold and headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else suddenly develope hot and cold flashes after 5or so weeks on Citalopram? The last few days i am either sweating or freezing...mostly freezing. Also, headaches in the evening the last 3 days. Anyone else get this or should i consider it is not related to the Cit?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

The reason I started Cit Robin is because of menopause and my hideous hot and cold

flushes so it may be different to yours but touch wood mine have got a lot better although it's early days. . I spoke with pharmacist yesterday as I read from a lot of people about these headaches and whilst he told me not to pre-empt everything that I could always take nurophen or paracetamol.

Not too much of a help Robin but it's a start. Hope the headaches go away soon x

• Posted

Alex, thanks that definitely makes sense. How long have you been on Cit? Xx
    • Posted

Today is my 4th day but my hideous hot flushes started three weeks ago and I literally looked like I had spent several hours in the sun without and sun screen - a total tomato! So far things seemed to have calmed down and it's much more under control.
  • Posted

Hey Robin, last week I increased my citalopram to 40 mg and since then have had headaches, upset stomach and feeling sick. Am hoping this will go after time. Must be our bodies adjusting. Hang in there.
  • Posted

Oh and at night am boiling! Must be the citalopram x
    • Posted

Louise, thanks hope that it calms soon. My poor husband cant even snuggle with me because i am worse then a furnace! We only see each other on weekends because of his job so I really hope this calms sooner than later. Haha. Xx
  • Posted

Thanks Robin, hope you get better soon x
    • Posted

I have a fan by my bed angled directly at me and my husband has a selection of ear plugs cos he hates the noise! I don't even get out of bed I just use my big toe to switch the button on and off! when I was really desperate I took a food freezer bag to my room and kept a velcro wine bottle cooler in it and just placed it on my body when I needed to cool down and then popped it back when I cooked down. It did pretty much keep

Cool til the morning.

God the things our bodies put us through!!

• Posted

Alex. Thats horrible! We always have a fan on us in bed..but thinking i need to move it closer. And keep a heating pad within reach at the same time! Is it like this for the whole time? (years) or just with hormone fluxuations? Arrgg! Xx
    • Posted

What about a hot water bottle in a freezer bag that obviously hasn't been started off in the freezer? I'm sure it would keep it as warm as possible throughout the night? Anyway worth a shot. My husband hates a/c and fans hence the earplugs so I always keep it my side of the bed.
  • Posted

Hi Robin,

I experience sweats from Citalopram and get cold because my skin is wet in cold air temp I think this is a citalopram side effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.