how to apply home remedies... help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been also suffering from bartholin cyst (nearly a size of big grape) for a year.  Some women say that using onion, apple cider vinegar and even turmeric paste, or tea tree oil are very effective but where did and how did you actually place them? Just on the cyst/on the bump (not on the vaginal opening) or on the place where the ducts opens to (vaginal opening)? Can this be harmful for vagina?  

And acv? Its very acidic... And tree tree oil, it burns a little... do you dilute them?

Some women also say that vitamin e oil is very effective for bartholin cysts... Olive oil also contains high amounts of vitamin e. Has anyone ever used it? Maybe we can dilute tea tree with olive oil? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your cyst will not burst no matter what you put on it unless it is soft first. That's why they recommend sitz baths and hot pads for 20 min. If it's a hot pad you can do 20 on and 20 off. Please be very careful with the internet concoctions you find on the net. I used one with tea tree oil and it burned me.

In the past my best luck has been a shallow bath with a cup of salt, 2 table spoons of with hazel and gentle massages. Whatever you do, don't squeeze or press on it while hard. It's very possible that the fluid in your cyst has hardened and that's when it becomes dangerous to mess with. Believe me you do not want it to turn to an abscess. Worst pain ever.

• Posted

Hi again tj09234,

Cyst is sometimes hard and sometimes softer. But i couldn't see or feel it draining. Despite this, should i continue to sitz baths? Or sitz baths are just for unclogged ducts?  

And for gentle masage, i was massaging hard, applying quite pressure on the cyst. Then it's better to stop this. Thank you. 

• Posted

Sitz baths will help. A cyst is just a clogged duct, but irritation will quickly turn it into an infection. Don't overdue it on the salts and whatnot, hot (don't burn yourself) seems to be enough and using too many products will be too harsh for that sensitive area. I have drained many uninfected cysts.

Yours sounds pretty small right now so you probably won't notice it draining.

Honestly, heat and patience are your best friends when it comes to draining cysts. Cut out the hard massages and do gentle ones, and my doctor told me that it helps to soak in a sitz bath 5 min before even touching it and sometimes using a "milking" motion on the lips can promote drainage.

Everyone's body is different and some treatments can work for some woman while it can be harmful for others.

But warm water hurts no one. Docs say that if it is not large or painful then it's nothing to worry about (but just super annoying/embarrassing) drainage may take a while but it is essentially a clogged pore (much like a pimple), rushing it to get better will make it worse (know from experience).

• Posted

Ok i'll continue with sitz baths then. I hope i can drain it and give good news...It is still the same for now. But i'm going to be patient smileThank you for sharing this important experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.