Losartan

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my GP has just prescribed Losartan, after 3 days I am experiencing headaches , tension in face and jaw ache, 

He suggested I stop for 3 days but said it was not side effects of the drug but my fibromyalgia condition. I'm not convinced as after 3 days without the drug I began to feel better. Any help please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go with your gut instincts but keep in with your Doc. I reacted to Losartan after a couple of years but realise now I had begun reacting sooner than I realised.In the end I ha terrible itching, sleeplessness, constant peeing at night (up to 7 times) and evenyiually I suddenly stopped being able to pee at all and also got cramps.I stopped the losartan abruptly and next day was peeing again but only twice at night and I slept better  for the first time in years.Bliss. The itching stopped in a day and a half but has now begun again but seems to be a continuation of before but not as bad. My blood pressure is about the same after 4 months, still slightly up but OK if I keep walking ! So I walk 3 miles a day with my dog and also0 do 3 miles at  a gentle pace on my exercise bike.I try to keep moving in between.For me movement is the key.I also eat lots of veg and I mean a lot, a bit of fruit together with wild rice, beans nuts eggs.No sugary stuff .I hope you get sorted,i know my situation is not exactly like yours but I felt you needed some encouragement. Incidentally both my Mother and I suffered terrible constant coughing with Ramiprill and my Mothers face swelled. I also got severe nausea and stomach cramps with Linisipril. Take care.Ask your Doc if you can get healthy  and fit. and see if he is willing to give that a go.My Doc did a 24 hour meter reading which showed mine was within an acceptable range most of the time.
    • Posted

Thanks pink rose, I'm going to stop losartin and start a new med tomorrow Bilocor, also I have changed my lifestyle a lot ,eating healthily, walking etc, my BP has been pretty stable the last couple of days. Thanks.
    • Posted

hi Patricia, thats great.. I hope your new medication works well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.