MeNopa

Posted , 8 users are following.

can someone help me please.  I am 52 and up until three months ago was still having regular periods, however this has now changed but has brought a whole new set of problems I am beside myself constantly worrying about symptoms and convincing myself I a

have something serious/terminal.  Is this normal.......my symptoms are racing heart/palpitations headache face ache the worse is during the night I get a weird sensation every night in bed it's as if I go into a cold sweat and get clammy like am gonna pass out or be sick but I don't do either it is actually got to the point where I don't sleep anymore am in a real panic with myself.  Oh get heartburn n chest pain too.   Any advice would really help 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi kazza444

All completely normal Peri menopause symptoms ! Have them all and more besides, try your best not to worry as this makes them worse (not easy I know) I'm sure many other ladies will tell you the same ! Take care x

• Posted

Hi Kazza444  I can relate to all of those symptoms you mention.It`s defo peri/menopause hun. I take Sertraline tablets. I know many women don`t want to take anti-depressents, but if they help, them take them. At least you might get some relief. Your not terminally ill. This is a natural process that we women have to suffer with until it burns it`s self out. Chin up chick. Try to stay positive and keep talking to all the other women on this site who know what you`re going through.

Take care x

• Posted

Hiya, bless you I am going through the exact same think at the minute. The anxiety/panic attacks and trying to convince myself all my symptoms are not a terminal illness. I have turned into a total insomniac over the past few weeks which is not helping my low mood. Total exaustion and digestion problems. So fed up right now. Your not alone with this xx
  • Posted

It does sound like menopause to me with the heart palpitations, the weir sensation then the sweats and being clamy and your anxieties. 

Have you talked to your doctor maybe you would benifit from HRTs or and antidepressant talk with your doctor and have her or him check you out 

I get heartburn myself had it really bad last night chest pain with it drank a couple glasses or rice milk and it went away 

• Posted

Yes KAZZA

heart burn, it's dreadful!!!eek

But the worst for me is the itchiness, it's horrendous, all over like prickly heat..........................

Mrs M

• Posted

Hi,

I went through dreadful anxiety about health and just about anything else when I was in Perimenopause, and bad hot flushes/sweats.  Now things are settling down, and I feel much more at ease. I'm now in menopause, and was on HRT, but didnt like it, so came off.  So far, no particularly bad symptoms at all. The occasional hot flush. I try to eat very healthily and take all the recommended vitamin supplements, and dont drink or smoke. I'm sure that helps. 

I was totally convinced I had several terminal illnesses, one scare, then I'd be reassured about that, then something else, etc. The slightest symptom would set me off, and I went to A & E about 5 times in six months.  I think they got pretty fed up with me.

Now, - Thank God - I just dont worry.

• Posted

Thanks Ladies much appreciated x
  • Posted

Hi there your symptoms sound very similar to mine when I hit the menopause. Sounds like your hormones have changed!! I was convinced I had something terminal too.  I went to the Doc who took bloods and I was in full meno!!  Iwas referred to gyne for assessment.  However, I could not wait and in desperation went to my Doc and I was put on HRT and beta blockers for anxiety.  I did try natural supplements prior to this and non worked.  It took about 6 months for things to settle and meds to really work but I am now so much better.  Go to the Docs to determine where u r at with the meno and take it from there would be my advice.  Good luck.XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.