Ms diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I found out the full diagnosis of MS I start lemtrada medication soon

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hope all goes well for you again 90 take it easy
  • Posted

Yes, glad you can finally move forward with treatment. May I ask the results of your spinal tap? Also, I know they were initially possibly going to diagnosis you just by MRI. Can I ask if that was just a brain MRI or did they do your spine as well? Could you elaborate on where they found lesions on your brain and or spine?

I'm still in limbo with some "non-ms" brain lesions and a clean MRI. I am repeating the brain MRI in a more powerful machine in a few weeks and they want me to do a thoracic Mri . I hope you don't mind me asking. Thank you.

• Posted

Sorry, I meant clean spinal tap.
    • Posted

They found higher levels of protein in my spinal cord and as for the MRI I had brain and spine scan which resulted in lesions on the brain and on spine cord itself anything else you need to know
    • Posted

My spinal tap was normal accept for my protein levels.  The norm was 0-44.  Mine came out to be 45.  All the doctors stated this was nothing to worry about.  May I ask what level your proteins were at?
    • Posted

I'll let you know when I find out all he said was it was at a high level
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm just curious because the neuros I have seen tell me the CSF is more about the O-bands rather than protein. Because I had no o-bands present they don't seem to care what my protein level was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.