nexplanon

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've recently been put on my birth control nexplanon, at first I was fine and dandy. But then I got my period, it was a dark brown color (usually a brownish-red) and it's lasted for almost a month. Any idea why this could be? Or If it's normal? Id love to know.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The problem with implanted birth controll is that they can give erretic periods. What you are having is referred to as "break through" bleeding. Things may or may not settle down in time. Keep in touch with whoever it was who incerted the implant because they are in the best position to advise.
  • Posted

I've heard of alot of girls having non stop bleeding on this, I myself had no period at all. Also had some bad symptoms such as zero sex drive, didn't want to be touched...20+ pound weight gain over a 6 month period and I developed an ovarian cyst that burst. Doctors always say that's normal but I don't think so, I know my body. I hope it works for you.
  • Posted

It can take your body a while to adjust, I always recommend people give it 6 months. When I first went on it, I bled non stop for the whole 6 months, so had it removed. Then I tried it again a year later and had absolutely no bleeding whatsoever, and I have been on it 5 years now! Which is crazy, I know, but there you go. It was the only real option for me because I didn't want to have to worry about taking a pill or keep going in for injections, and I don't agree with the coil so this was the only real longer term option.

Don't worry though, it is perfectly normal. If the bleeding doesn't stop in a few months, or if you can't bear it any more, speak to your doctor or the GUM clinic, they may be able to help, if not they can remove it and you can try something else. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.