No Compression Stockings after DVT

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was admitted to hospital two weeks ago with Deep Vein Thrombosis and a Pulmonary Embolism. I was released after two days, and told to wear compression stockings, but was never given any by the hospital and have struggled to find any suitable for an already developed blood clot online. At my follow up appointment last week, the orthotics department gave me an appointment for two weeks from now to be measured up for stockings, meaning I will have gone 4 weeks without any compression of my leg. My leg is still swollen and stiff with pooled blood, even though I am walking about, and keeping my leg elevated while resting. What I world like to know is whether going this long with compression stockings, so the fluids are still polling in my leg and foot, will cause permanent damage to my leg?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.