Possible genital MOLLUSCUM 26 year old female…HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone!

So about 2 months ago i noticed 3 small red pinsized bumps on my pubic area below my stomach after shaving. I thought they were ingrowns or irritation. I picked at them and didnt think anything of it. I noticed they got a little bigger then i tried to pop them. I had to usw a needle as they were hard to pop by squeezing. There was a little white ball in them that kind of looked like a white head and then they bled ALOT. Enough for me to put a bandaid on it. A couple of weeks later i noticed there were more in that area, shaved, and exfoliated. ....THEY SPREAD MORE! so i finally went to my PCP, she quickly looked and said it was shaving irritation. I had been researching so I asked her about Molluscum, and she quickly said it doesnt affect that area. Only children. STDs are all negative and these bumps just will not go away! it has been about 2 months and now i have about 15-20 more of the small bumps. This week I popped a few & plucked out the "head" with a sterile needle and cleaned with alcohol, put ACV on the patch on a bandaid and covered it. The next day it was dried out and scabbed over. Out of rage, I did this to all of the ones I could find and im currently extremely bandaged up. My boyfriend doesn't seem to have any bumps YET but im afraid he will get them. im not sure how i got this but I want to get rid asap! as this relationship is fairly new and we are very happy. im just afraid this will put a damper on our relationship as it seems im at the beginning of this and i do not want to have sex anymore. i have a dermatologists appt to confrm next week but I am 99% positive its MC and i want the best tips to speed this process up as I would love to continue enjoying my life and relationship as normal as possible. and not in 10 months or a few years... ANY HELP 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hello! Just wanted to check to see if you have any update on this? Cos I have just been diagnosed with MC and don't know what to do...

• Posted

Hello, i replied about this just now. Write to me about anything i can help you with!

• Posted

Hi, i hope they are gone by now. I just recovered from it i had it about 1 year and a half. I tried aldara cream for some months and it didn't help. You can freeze them at dermatologies but i know that it hurts, and i didn't go down that road. So what finally helped me was taking B Complex Vitamins but you need to buy it with the full vitamins in it. About a month taking them they started to get swollen and dry up like crazy. So now i am a week free from this virus. My boyfriend thank god didn't get the virus. But stop picking them and try not to shave near the bumps or just go near it. And to help them not spreading i was wearing mans underwear all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.