Posterise vaginal repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 3wks post op 4 a vaginal prolapse repair & have started 2 bleed heavy had no bleeding last wk still very sore any 1 have any ideas what's going on 😞

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op I went days then all of a sudden I woud have bright red blood for a day not had any blood now for 4 days , I can be very sore too its all normal , but if u r worried then plz speak to ur doctor
    • Posted

Thank u I was worried r u doing any thing yet I got stitches out side as well as in side I'm having trouble sitting 1 side down below seems more swollen. I don't no about u but I'm fed up with this now it's a long prosess & got 2 b patient do u work how long u of 4 😊
    • Posted

I can just abt sit up straight now , I'm not doing too much just yet I've done the supermarket with my other half and I know abt it I'm so tired , yes I work but my doc gave me another sick note for 8 weeks , I dont regret the surgery even tho its been a very frustrating process , we just need to remember we got to take it easy and not rush things
  • Posted

deborah if the blood is bright red then that is fresh and you should speak to your doctor asap. If it's brown coloured then it's old blood and not too worrying.
    • Posted

Hi it's bright red but am very sore & im on warfarin so could it b that my INR is 4.4 & should b 3.4 😞
    • Posted

I think I will lower my dose 2 night coz I'm a self tester & do my own medication hopefully that will stop it but I may go & c GP 2 Moz 😊 Thank u 4 your advice x
    • Posted

Hi Deborah, Did you go to the Doctor about the bleeding or did it stop? I ask as I'm 18 days post op as suddenly saw some bright red blood today. I'm on Lactulose so BM is soft but not as regular as I was at first. Went earlier and had a pain in that area and then saw the blood. Could be piles I suppose - will have to get the mirror out. Other than that I've been very good!
    • Posted

Hi gwen just got bk from GP & he said it could b my medication I having blood test 2 Moz. Do u have stitches out side coz I do & thats y I'm so sore will let u no how I get on 😊
    • Posted

As far as I can see the stitches must only be inside - I can just see a thread "up there" if I look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.