Seborrhoeic Dermatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would share my experience with this absolutely vile condition, well I am 18 years old and have had it for four years now. At first it wasn't too bad and simply dismissed it as dandruff (as im sure quite a lot of people are), but then it started to become very thick and before I knew it I had wounds all over my scalp, in particular my hairline. So I went to get it checked out and the doctor prescribed a (very small!!!) bottle of this fluorescent pink shampoo (sorry i forgot the name), I washed it twice a day like he said and it went away but recurred. I strongly recommend asking for a repeat prescription to use a few months after it has gone to make sure it stays gone as I am now having to wait for another appointment. Also I tried using Selsun like the previous person suggested but to no avail unfortunately.

V x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I to have this condition, I read a article on the internet all about this problem and the suggested treatment was to put apple cider vineger mix with water on to the hair and leave for 20 mins. Shampoo your hair but mix some baking soda into shampoo this soaks the waxy feeling up shampoo and condition again and hair should look and feel different. If the condition re-appears do this process straight away it does work and does not cost a lot. Cider vinager was £1.69 from Holland and Barrett and baking soda 60p from supermarket. Hair feels glossy and soft.
  • Posted

Hello! I have been dealing with SD for over 5 years now. I am also battling an autoimmune disease. I am very attentive to attempt natural 'help' for symptoms for my autoimmune disease. Well, when my parotid gland flared up two weeks ago leaving me feeling like I had tooth abscesses on the left side of my face I decided to try something new. I boiled water then into the water I put approx. 1 tablespoon freshly ground whole cloves; 1 tablespoon garlic powder; 1 tablespoon turmeric. Let this steep off of the heat for about 15 minutes. Strain it through a fine mesh or cheese cloth. I put some into my mouth over on the side where all of the inflammation WAS and held it there about 3 minutes and repeated the process 2 more times. It worked so good on my mouth I decided to try it on my seborrhea! Different issues, yes. BUT, it appears to be doing wonders for the seborrhea! This is only day 3 and while it isn't gone, it is most certainly better! To use it I heat a bit of it up to get it warm and put two cotton balls in it and rub it onto my seborrhea areas.(use vinyl gloves as the cloves and turmeric WILL stain your hands and nails...I learned the hard way!!) I hope you'll give it a try!
  • Posted

I have Seborroeic Dermatitis, it has been awful in the past deep scabs, dry bleeding skin and itching of the scalp. I use Tea Tree oil shampoo every time I wash my hair and it works! I have used loads of shampoo given by my Gp and steroid alcohol lotion which heped but can thin the skin and I wanted something with less side effects! This worked and has worked for many people I have told! but also get skin condition diagnosed first!
    • Posted

Thank you Margaret. Tea tree oil and I don't get along, for some reason I don't know why. I tried it when I first found out I had seborrhea and it actually made it worse. So, along with the garlic, Clove, and turmeric concoction I use, I am also using organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in it. My autoimmune disease may play a factor in the tea tree oil, I don't know. The apple cider vinegar is tremendous! But, I do appreciate you passing along what has helped you! It may well help someone else who reads these messages. Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.