sensation in leg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am 50 years old, have a Heart Condition & COPD

Had a feeling of water running down my leg, (no I have not wet myself).

Spoke to my doctor, she did not seem to be worried by it, so consequently, nor am I.

Just wondering whether anyone out there as had this feeling and found out what it was.

Many thanks

Kev

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

Did this happen once, or a few times? If you are having repeated symptoms, then this could be a peresthesia due to some neorological probems. See a neurologist who can examine and find the source. The source of the problem can be local such as some kind of injury or inflammation in leg area when nerve also gets damaged. Or the source can be pressure or inflammation of spinal nerves. Or in more rare cases, the cause can be centrlal, for example conditions like MS, or other conditions. 

Again, if this happened only once or few times and stopped, this should be something local and no need to worry. But certainly make an appointment with a neurologist and get checked soon. Please keep us updated how things are going and how you you feel. 

• Posted

Hello suzanbel238

Thanks very much for your message. Unfortunately it was the neurologist that seem not to worry about it. I have had it a few times down the right leg only. I did have a few other tests done, primarily a brain and neck MIR scan.

The scan showed that I had some wearing on the brain, whatever that is, and I do have a worn vertebra (3rd) in my neck, which they seem to indicate was the problem. To be quite honest, I felt that they were really not sure what was causing it. I do take alot of painkillers as I do have a lot of pain to cope with with most of my body.

Other than that, and at this moment in time, I feel okey dokey.

My actual doctor was not pleased with the letter she got from the consultant, which was mainly for physio purposes, as it basically said nothing and the physio were reluctant to do anything at that time, just in case they made it worse. My doctor did write to the consultant again to clarify what was happening, but basically was sent the original letter.

Not very helpful I know.

Thats basically it at this moment in time.

Best regards to you, and once again, thank you very much for your time in this matter.

Kevlol

• Posted

Hi with the COPD and Heart Condition, I believe the feeling in your legs is due to poor blood circulation. Have you been instructed to take a low dose asprin daily? That may help your circulation.  I have the same type of symptoms of leg heaviness and warmth.....I have COPD...and asthma and I had a drinking problem. 

My Dr. told me it was a circulation problem

• Posted

Hello Misssy

Yeah, I have been taking 75mg aspirin since my first heart problem in around 2008.

As far as I know, I do not have any circulation problems in my legs, at least that what the results were earlier this year.

Thank you very much for your time in this matter, it is much appreciated.

Kevbiggrin

• Posted

Hello Kevin,

I am late, sorry but just seen this,  I do get a sensation of water running down the inner thigh, have 'dashed' off to the bathroom only to find I am dry !  not sure if I was relieved or worried as to what caused it.  I decided it was a nerve being nipped somewhere,  I have arthritis from top to bottom of my spine with osteophyts which do cause nerves to get nipped at various places giving strange sensations at various places.........     I have not spoken to any Dr about this so can't pass on any professional opinion,  just came to my own conclusion,  not pleased to say there is someone else out there with the same .. but ....   well, you know what I mean.   I do have other strange feelings / sensations  and tend to put them all down to the spine problems,  again I don't go to doc's about these and just let them carry on,  if they ever caused serious troubles I probably would, but till then just carry on,  years of being in pain and being basically told to live with it has brought about this attitude.  Hope the problem ends for you soon and no others appear.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.