Sinus Rinse Relief

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had sinus surgery 3 times, antibiotics, allergy treatment, cold remedies, headache melds, and even acupuncture with no relief.  After months of being sick I was desperate.

I read about people being desperate enough to try small amounts of baby shampoo and another hydrogen peroxide in their sinus rinse to find help.  They reported some relief.  I tried both with some help.

Then I experimented with apple cider vinegar, about 1/2 teaspoon in my Saline sinus rinse bottle solution.  I was breathing again within a week.  I have no more sinus infections or swelling.  Even the sinus discharge has reduced significantly.  The small amount of apple cider vinegar is strong in the solution, but it seems to help.

Has any one else had any experience with this or other additives to their sinus rinse?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm glad you're having relief with the ACV! I've been using the baby shampoo on my ENT's recommendation but I'm hesitant to try the ACV as it does seem strong. I wish you continued good luck!
  • Posted

Neighbor Tex,Your history is very close to mine except I've had about 7 sinus surgeries over the past 50 years.  I developed chronic sinusitis about 2 years ago  One year ago I had surgery  to remove polyps and treat the infection.  Following surgery I've been on several different antibiotics and heavy doses of Prednisone.  The infection is still rampant and some days the mucous drainage is awful....such as yesterday!   I'm rinsing my sinuses up to three times a day with saline + Alkahol.  Your use of Apple Cder vinegar is  very interesting and  I plan on trying it.  I use  a couple of table spoons of it when I have muscle spaxms (cramps) in my hands and legs.  It works almost instantly.  If it can fix my cramps.....hopefully it can remedy the infection.  Thanks for posting!  (Neighbor in Arkansas)
  • Posted

Ooops....I see I misspelled a word.....  It is "Alkalol"  not Alkahol.  Alkalol is an over the country  sinus rinse.
    • Posted

Been there done that got the t-shirt amazing healing properties I reckon of the ACV. Very interesting all of the stories. Also I wonder if the man that had the polyps also had molded furniture or antique furniture in his home take care god bless you I'm glad you're feeling better
  • Posted

JOhnofArk- 7 surgeries? That is scary. i'm hoping to avoid my 2nd. Am currently using the shampoo, a compounded nasal rinse and antibiotics in hopes of clearing this 2month infection. if not, probably another surgery and then intensive allergy treatment which i didnt really have after the last surgery a few years ago. Now i have ALL sinuses involved including the sphenoid which if you have it you know it really hurts in the back and middle of your head. In addition to the regular head and face pain. It's not fun. Good luck everyone.
  • Posted

I am using one fourth tsp of sea salt, a tiny squirt of no more tears baby shampoo and two drops of greapefruit seed extract in boiled water, in a nettie pot, ( has to be warm), and I am getting amazing results. Although I have had cronic sinisitis for theree years. I think it is caused by fungus. Dena

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.