six months post op pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all hippies haven't been on here since December. Had TRHR in august last year all well back to work November. Now found am having problems since January. Pain in my op side in my bum and down side if leg to my knee . Lumpy feeling in my butt (same as post op) . Seen physio she says my range movement is good . Still cannot sleep op side . Seeing consultant in 2 weeks. Got bad back again (same as pre op ) . Has anyone else out there experienced this as it's getting me down .

Denise

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi ,  I had Hip revision Oct 2013 I woke up my foot felt weird doctor said give it time 6 months later I tried to go back to work and  I stand alot at work manager at grocery store very phisical . I went back to my Doctor after trying to work crying I was in so much pain he sent me to nerologist which turns out I have Sciatic nerve damage from the surgery. So now im in alot of pain still found another doctor he had to go back   in and do another surgery and bone graft. To this date March 12 2016 Im on Disability which I paid into Thank God . I have bulging disc L4-L5 lower back which I had before my first surgery. Please listen to your body go back see what your doctor says and good luck to you Let us know how you are doing

Jackie

• Posted

Poor you Jackie than for response . Weird thing for me is that I was fine up to January that's why I'm so gutted I was walking hour a day etc . I am still active and working but just feel debilitated again

good luck

Denise

• Posted

Thanks I was born with Hip Displasia so i have been dealing with this for long time revisions are always alot harder to recover from but I never dreamed of this out come One day at time . Take care good luck
  • Posted

I'm still having pain in my buttock, hip and thigh of the operated side, and I am 8 months post-op. I also have a bad limp. Went to a new orthopedist for a second opinion, he diagnosed torn gluteal tendon/muscle tears, and I am having surgery to repair them. I also have good range of motion and good flexibility. So it's possible to have both AND have muscle tears at the same time. If you have tears, it's probable that they aren't as severe as mind, especially if you don't have a limp. You've been having problems for a couple of months now with no improvement, so I'd ask the consultant about the possibility of muscle/tendon tears. Good luck, Denise!
    • Posted

Gosh thanks Annie that seems possible as it feels more muscular than the joint itself it's so uncomfortable and while I don't feel I limp I feel like I waddle like penguin and I wasn't before Xmas ! Physio did say leg length slightly different so will also mention to consultant . Just wander why it only happens now so long after op ! My back pain is also bad (this is why I originally went to back clinic then got diagnosed arthritis of hip )

Good luck

Denise

• Posted

Just FYI, x-rays, of course, only show the bones and implants. To see problems with muscles, if just a physical exam isn't enough, you need MRI and/or ultrasound. I had MRI's, and they need to be special metal reduction MRI, or MARS MRI, since the implants distort the area around them in the scans. Diagnostic musculoskeletal ltrasound can show a surprising amount of detail. Wishing you the best in your quest.
    • Posted

Also, the reason it is just showing up now MAY be because you just injured the muscle/tendon now. Just my un-medical-professional idea!
    • Posted

Yes thanks (think real hippies better advisers from past experience as this website is brill I was on it all the time after my op )

Will update you all see my work physio ( who is assessing how I sit at work I am dental therapist ) then surgeon who did op 22nd .

Denise

• Posted

Sounds like sciatic nerve damage to me. I have had this myself and I know how painful it can be. Unfortunately, what worked for me is almost certainly not an option for you. Something slipped out of place when I was giving birth to my first daughter. The pain lasted until I gave birth to my second daughter 18 months later; she slipped whatever it was back into place on the way out...
    • Posted

Poor you but lucky second baby moved it back . Ha ha not possible for an old gal of 56

Thanks for responding

Denise

• Posted

Hi, I know I shouldn't say too much for we are all different. But even now a year on,& I still can't sleep properly on the OP side.I know my other hip & knees will need doing.! But no way! I am absolutely terrified! I am a carer for my Hubby, & he too has mobility problems & severe sight & I have to help him walk,! So not easy with tension in my muscles!! Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Bless you what a difficult situation you are in. Hope you find this forum helps I loved it when I first had my op so great to speak to people who truly understand your situation

Take care and get as much help as you can for both of you

Regards Denise

• Posted

Hugs to you Denise, Yes this last year has not been good at all. And I know I should say this, for fear of putting people off their ops, but for me I was and still way way to tense. I am no better off. Had very little aftercare.But all I can do is to keep moving, have plenty of spas when I can. Sorry to rant. Regards Amanda
  • Posted

Think you'll find its Bursitis I've had it on /off for years! Ultrasound helps /Volterol gel/and if all else fails cortisone jab.xx
    • Posted

Hi gaby that's one of my thoughts (I am a pain I read up about everything ) but seems most likely as I was doing just fine . My job doesn't help and I think that's probably what has caused it as I sometimes sit awkwardly as I treat any children and special needs patients (some in their wheelchairs )

Keep you posted

Regards Denise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.