Someone please help heart worries

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I gave birth in February 2015 kept having odd bursts of rapid heart rate when I exerted myself for a few seconds, one day I was getting my daughter out of her car seat and bam rapid heart beat was back I tried laying down coughing but it wouldn't stop so rang the paramedics they came and said it was fast but soon slowed back down when they had been there a few minutes. At the hospital they said anxiety (but where from rolleyes.) a couple of weeks later the doctors looked again at my blood tests and said I was definitely anaemic so got put on iron tablets, now I am suffering with anxiety and panic attacks due to my awful experience as I thought I would die and still do! I get ectopic beats every now and again but they terrify me. I haven't had rapid heart rate since but it has got fast.

I need advice to get through this I'm so scared because I have a baby and I want to be around for her the thought of not being with her upsets me all the time!

Was is because I was anaemic? Or do I have a problem? I've had a few tests they say I'm fine but have never said 100% why my heart did what it did.

Please help I'm at my whits end x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes anaemia can cause rapid heart beats, they should have told you this. Extreme tiredness and shortness of breath are also symptoms. Anaemia is common when pregnant and afterwards, your body has created another human being so its needed all goodness for your baby. Try and eat lots of green vegetables and vitamin c, gentle walks out in the fresh air and thinking positive thoughts. The memory of your episode has caused the ongoing anxiety, try and see it for what it was, your body communicating to you that it needed something...iron! You should start to feel better, don't let the thoughts keep you from enjoying your baby.

love Juliax

• Posted

Thank you Julia! I definitely felt tired and out of breath, I feel a lot better energy wise but just so scared of dying it's horrible! I lost a lot of blood giving birth but they didn't say anything, just standing up I was tired. Now these awful ectopic beats scare the life out of me I can have some great days where I don't get them but others I feel them and I'm scared do you think the ectopics could be from the anxiety? I know there pretty much harmless but I always think I'll be the unlucky one to die from sudden cardiac death sad hopefully one day it will be a distant memory and I will laugh and me being so silly and scared x
    • Posted

Babies are parasites in the womb to put it bluntly, your baby took everything it needed before you got a look in😊. Now your baby is here its your turn to make sure your body gets everything it needs, really care for it and look after yourself, your a wonderful human being for giving life, women's bodies are incredible when you think about what they achieve. I'm thinking these bad days are just what they are..bad days, try not to give them much attention( hard i know) . If you are truly worried about your heart ask for an ECG, i had one just for reassurance, i bet yours is totally fine too. The heart can do odd things, its a muscle after all and like other muscles that switch and spasm our hearts sometimes miss beats and race. Don't forget your hormones are still settling down so thinking can be up and down. Give yourself some time to heal, you will feel much better in the months to come. Eat well, drink plenty of water and try and have relaxation daily( hard with a baby nut housework can wait, you are more important. Much love Julia x
    • Posted

I've never heard of them referred to as parasites but I get where your coming from it makes sense! Ha! I've had a 24hr ecg it showed 19 ectopics.

I just want to be happy and care free again and enjoy my daughter more although she's hard work at the minute 10 months old and starting to be mobile!

Thank you so much for replying it really has helped and I will take reassurance from your kind words! Regards Amy!

• Posted

Haha..my doctor said this to me once, it's odd to think of them like that but its survival, they take what they need to survive. 10 months is a fun but tiring stage bless her. Its still early days for your body, it takes a while to feel back to normal😊.

That's good you have had the ECG on and were monitored. I found getting myself slowly fit really helped with how i felt and my confidence, i felt i was doing positive things to improve my health and longevity. You may feel the same, your little girl would be a great motivator too. Here if you ever want a chat or you can pm me. Best wishes Jx

• Posted

Hey..

This is how my anxiety started. I was having really heavy menstrual cycles for almost a year. About 3 or 4 months ago I was put on ferrous sulfate 3xday due to my ferritin level being so low (it was 10 at the time). During this time I had no idea my iron was so low and I kept thinking I was dying. I couldn't focus on my college courses, my externship was a mess, and everything just felt so unreal. I have a two year old son and even with him everything felt unreal. I was having chest pain and heart palpitations, and I felt super depressed. This is what caused me to get checked out and after a few weeks on iron pills, the lightheadedness and pressure in my head had eased a little, but then I was stuck with the anxiety. I was put on prozac to begin, and had to stop taking it 6 weeks in because it made me really shaky and the heart palpitations got worse. I have been on propanolol for about 4 days and so far I feel okay, just still having the arm pain and neck pain that comes from the chest.

Just felt I should share a little of how everything started, our stories sound a little similar.

By the way I'm still taking the ferrous sulfate and it's been about 4 months and you just reminded me to get my ferritin level checked out again, just to be sure.

Hope you feel better soon, God bless.

• Posted

Oh and my son's birthday is also in February <3, february 1st. mine will almost be 3 and yours will have his first little birthday! we are truly blessed. february="" 1st.="" mine="" will="" almost="" be="" 3="" and="" yours="" will="" have="" his="" first="" little="" birthday!="" we="" are="" truly="">
    • Posted

Not sure if you have a girl or a boy, lol. Either way it is a blessing
    • Posted

I've been on them since July just had my levels checked there back up so got to do them for 3 more months then stop for a month and have another test to see if they drop again!

My little one is Lily-Mae she will be 1 on the 25th feb I am truly blessed and would love more but all this has scared me too much xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.