Stomach ache and burning

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone suffer a burning stomach in the morning, I've been suffering for several weeks now. I wake up and feel fine but as soon as I move the burning starts. It usually last a couple of hours then passes.

This happens everyday. I have been tested for HPylori and this was negative.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Had your Dr. Put you on Prilosec or Prevacid? These can be really helpful with burning in your stomach I hope you figure things out and it gets better.Good Luck.:-)
  • Posted

Certainly go to doctors sounds like acid build up, probably need some form of prevention medication good luck
  • Posted

Hi mark

It sounds like Gastritis & not always due to h-pylori. Have you had an endoscopy? I would think you should try omerazapole acid suppressing meds & see if that helps. I have been suffering from burning stomach etc for 16 months now and only coconut water helps with the burning. I have gastritis & endoscopy confirms mucosal breaks, but the reason is unknown, I have been told to live & manage the symptoms as there is no cure. I don't know if your symptoms are same as mine but I have a host of symptoms like naseu, cramps, trouble swallowing, lack of appetite, lack of taste etc. As I mentioned try acid suppressing meds, coconut water and also mastc gum. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hiya your symtoms sound a me as mine. Did your symtoms come on all at once ? Is nausea all the time?Emma
  • Posted

Maybe worth trying nexium as bought from chemists if just for a couple of weeks see if it helps, gps prescribe it as omprazole. you could take it last thing at night or early morning, worht trying, good luck
    • Posted

Hi Lynne,My poor Hubby isn't well.He's recently had an Endescope & Colonoscopy! Both clear! But he's got an ulcer top of the stomach! Hospital took 4 Biopsy.He's also on meds for Osteo Arthritis, which we are trying to cut down.He's very tired all the time.Aneamic. I am scared.I just hope that the results will be good.He also suffers from IBs! Sorry to moan.I am Hubby's full time carer.Regards Amanda h
  • Posted

You might want to have the doctors check for Barrett's esophagus. Or a hiatal hernia my sister had this problem was incomplete misery from all the acid and nothing helped. She was able to have surgery and fix the problem and has had no acid reflux since. Hopefully this might help have a wonderful weekend. Let me know what you find out I am curious

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I dont suffer with acid reflux or indigestion. Its a burning feeling across my mid section that only comes on when I get out of bed. I have tried nexium and omperazole but these do not help my symptoms at all. Today I felt the burning for up to 3 hours before settling down. I dont know if its an IBS flare up because my BM have been up and down for a few weeks now

I went to see my Doctor on Thursday and he said he believes it is Gastorenteritis and send a stool sample off and if infection is found he will treat with medication.

• Posted

I'm having the same issue, even worsen than you. I feel burning sensation middle of upper abdomen most of the day from waking up. I did Endorscopy last month with result Gastritis but since last month still i'm feeling burning sensation. I'm taking Nexum 20, ursocol 300 for fatty liver, sometime gaviscon. Every night i pray to Allah for a better start tomorrow but still same result.

Any suggesstion from anyone.

• Posted

You dont say what your diet is, my scope showed gastritus, and put on omprazole, which have helped, but l didnt have excessive burning, l also changed to small plain meals, no processed or ready meals or canned, just plain, pots , rice, pasta,, veg, fish or chicken, l stopped lactose, no cows milk, but still have gluten re bread, carbs. bio yogurt spring water, wiorth trying eliminating different food,s, trial and error. best wishes
    • Posted

I used to ear spicy foods which i immediately left after having this disease. From last two month i'm on plain meals like rice / egg / fish / cornflakes / chicken / bread. Apart from burning i also feel fatigue, trouble breathing while releasing breath. Furthermore i feel swelling abdome / chest, upper middle abdominal burn, pressure in chest, and specially i feel bad when i walk or stand up from sitting.

At this moment i'm taking Dexillant 30 along with Nexium 20 in the morning before breakfast and Nexium at night. I also taking ursocol 300 for fatty liver, Ezitimibe 10 for high LDL (145) and Vitamin B1+B6+B12 tablet along calcium carbonate. i'm not sure what else i need to take to make a good health of mine. I do take Gaviscon seldom. I do have upper back / neck pain as well as.

• Posted

Sounds much like my symptoms, along with stomach problems l get tiredness fatigue, sleepyiness, bloating, last few days got bouts of nausea  on and off, worse on movement, wondering if lve eat something l shouldnt have, took extra omp, hoping it settles, also take vits etc.  You could check out fibromyalgia symptoms, or cfs, could accountfor the fatigue and pains along with it, those conditions can cause gastric probs amongst other systemic ones.   good luck with it

​S

• Posted

Thanks Lynne but i'm bit frustrated now but i'll check for those you suggessted. From few days i'm facing sleeping disorder, i wake suddenly and felt burning in my chest and my whole back is paining even found difficulties in movement. And it's felt in the morning most of the time. I felt shortness of breath which go away after couple of hours. I'm not sure whether it is related with heart cause i already did ECG / Strsss test / Echo 2/3 month earlier and all were fine. I'm very much disturbed now in my normal life, i've a kids but couldn't pass quality time with her as i feel i might go to the emergency room at any time or could die.
    • Posted

lve woke up feeling very fatigued and off it, l do every day, just some a bit worse than others, as today, also stiffness aching and nausea this morning, but see rheumatoligst in a couple of weeks to see if its the suspectd fibro.  l do get breathless but have a diaagnosed respirator problem. l dont have severe pain or burning, nor have to be responsible for child care, mine being adults living away, but recall having ic in the past, when my kids were younger, and you do feel bad that you cant be well and active with them, add to it. There are lots of things could cause you symptoms, but you need to know soon,if gps cant help and your very distressed about it, a and e should be able to help, Good luck
    • Posted

Hi Shah

Did you ever get to the bottom of your symptoms?

Especially the discomfort increasing with movement.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.