Stopping bisopolol fumarate

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am on 10mg because of high hb and af feel bad on this med stopped taking it this morning without asking doc not sure how i am yet could i have a heart attack, not sure what to do , advice please.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam,

All you can do is try stopping bisoperal for one week as see if you are feeling any better - thats what I did because that drug turned me into a zombie - was on 1.25 grams - that was 4 years ago. I make sure to get plenty of exercise and keep on plain diet.

• Posted

I was on 7.5 mg and it made me totally exhausted all the time.  By all means look to stop taking it, but do seek medical advice before doing this.  In the end, no one can compel you to take it and if you are insistent, your GP will find an alternative for you.  Just to calm your fears, I stopped taking it altogether from one day to the next without a heart attack or any ill effects, other than to feel immediately better.  However, your pulse rate will be the thing to watch for you.  If it goes too high, then some form of medication will be necessary, although not Bisoprolol if it makes you ill.  I have not taken it since but I do monitor my pulse rate in case of a sudden but steady upward increase.
    • Posted

Thanks J pulse rate 120 so have decided to do what you said Chris
    • Posted

I do agree with you , Josephine32... Betablockers are to intricate a chemical to just stop them without checking with the Doc very soon.

I know it depresses heartrate, but it also helps the bloodpressure.     So if possible -  B/P and Pulse should be monitored daily to see if both those rate increase  and  WRITTEN  DOWN  for "Doc" to see when you get that  appointment, >>> Sam00275, ...... If you were FOR EXAMPLE on Biso/ with Hydrochlorothiazide.. It would be more urgent to check with the doc soon, as HCTZ works on the Kidneys.... to rid the body of fluid , and when you change that ... you could be in trouble inside a few days with the B/P going up due to increased fluid pressure in the body......  So keep and eye on yourself and write down those values daily.... Your BP will most likely go up without the Biso fumarate also...... For Doc to see the Numbers ....  is what will help your Doc decide how you are tolerating being  WITHOUT  the Biso... or in contrast if you are heading for trouble...... I do wish you well.. !!!!

• Posted

Is it the only BP drug that you have been on? Bisoprolol is more usually for BP patients who also have too high a heart rate or angina
  • Posted

Hi sam i stopped bisopradol myself was on 5mg but saying that i went to see my doctor within 24 hours,told him all my symptoms how bisopradol made me feel rubbish all the time my new meds seem to be suiting me a lot better slozem 240mg.i am beginning to think no meds are a cure for this bleeding af still waiting to hear from my cardiologists regarding my ablation,i am not medically trained in any way all i can is seek medical advice and good luck to you alot of people on here struggle with the side effects of that horrible bisopradol keep well.ps would not like to say about heart attack what ive read and looked up with af we are more in danger of a stroke
  • Posted

Go back to your doc and tell him/her you cannot tolerate them, they are beta blockers and they can give very nasty side affects, there is plenty of BP. Medication , tell them you want to get of beta blockers.  

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Sam, if you were feeling really bad I guess best to stop it but you def need to tell your doc so he/she can try you on an alternative medication. Can I ask if anyone on this forum has had constipation as the side effect?  I have diverticular disease and have bad side effect from Losartan so was going to ask my doc to try Bisoprolol.  It seems lots of people have tiredness, no energy etc. But would put up with that if it didn't cause constipation!!!!  Any info would be much appreciated, thank you.
    • Posted

Does Losartan cause you constipation? I have diverticulitus and was constipated as a side effect of Verapamil when taking it but not with losartn.
    • Posted

Yes, well I'm assuming it's that!  My doc put me on 100ml (was on 50ml) and I had a flare soon after.  Just don't know and I guess I will have to speak to my doc but he doesn't really understand diverticulosis!!!! Trouble is all medications have side effects but I'm almost frightened to try anything new as may get another flare!!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.