Symptoms worse in the morning or night?

Posted , 7 users are following.

When are your anxiety symptoms worse? Mine definitely flare up in the morning. I wake up, have a brief period of feeling good, as if I've forgot about the anxiety. Then it all comes flooding back. I think I wind myself up in the mornings about the day ahead, I make myself physically sick with worry, I get on the bus to go to work and panic until I'm there. Usually throughout the day it's better, not so severe, probably because I know I have people around me that I trust. In the evenings I feel a lot more relaxed, when I'm at home on the sofa with my partner. Ugh, I'm so sick of it though!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have no problems at all falling asleep or during my sleep. I might get a period in the early morning hours where I find it hard to fall asleep again for 30 minutes but that`s it. It all kicks in again once it`s getting kind of stressful again in the morning. And then it last almostthe whole day. I get short periods of relieve during the day but I really have to focus to achieve those moments. What sort of symtoms do you got. I have everything apart form breathing problems. Worst is my light sensitivity , lack of concentration and memory issues. Headaches come and go to.
  • Posted

Good morning howll

I can hugely relate to what you have just said! I would wake up feeling great and then boom as soon as I started to get ready for work the anxiety would kick in, blurred vision tension headache, shakes, bad tummy, nausea, palpatations the lot!! What a way to start the day, then I would get to work and think to myself 'right it's ok, I can control this, it WIll be ok,' and sometimes I could keep the lid on it and other times I could not, and like you once home with partner I felt fine no anxiety at all, now it took me a while to realise this and a few friends nagging me about it!! You know what's causing the anxiety?? Most likely your JOB! I kept thinking to myself it's not it can't be? Why would it be? But it honestly was!! And when I explained it to my doctor he was quick to say the same thing, so mayb think about a change?? If that's possible? Also have you tried bachs rescue remedy?? It works well for calming me down and it can be used as often as you like, also I find bachs Rock rose really good.

I hope this has helped you

Take care

• Posted

I had a voluntary job and I had to quit because I wasn't comfortable there. Like yourself, felt sick with nerves in the morning.

I'm glad you have good colleagues. My supervisor was snappy and one day a guy came in and joked he would lie to buy me dinner.

Well, she flew out snapping "have you done those books" (I had).

Then told me after I can work in the basement from now on. Well, the lovely customers helped me with anxiety so I wasn't going to go there to be stuck in a basement sorting out clothes and not seeing anyone.

I saw a sign once, words like 'people have more of an influence on your life than you realize'. That is so true.

I understand that you are sick of it as you have to make the effort each day. Hope your partner is understanding.

• Posted

Nice to see I'm not alone in this! Rockers, I'm the same, I can sleep fine, if I wake up in the middle of the night (or if the dog wakes me up, haha) sometimes it's a little bit harder to drop back off but I'm usually OK. Symptoms wise I've been getting chest and arm pains, tension/pressure headaches, nausea, gastric problems, heart racing, choking feeling, racing thoughts, feelings of doom etc.

Kayleigh, that mirrors what I'm like! My job isn't too bad, I'm only on a small team and my manager is great, but I think you're partially right there in that it's not the job itself, it's the thought of being out of my comfort zone and away from home for the day, travelling alone on the bus, albeit only 15 minutes, terrifies me. I've always suffered anxiety, but for 6 years I was good, I had a couple of seizures in my teens, but 6 years and nothing happened then out of the blue I had another and was subsequently diagnosed with epilepsy, this has just put me into a spiral of anxiety, constantly thinking I'm going to have a seizure on the bus or in work without anyone around. I know I can't let it rule my life, but at the moment that's exactly what I'm letting it do.

Louise, I'm sorry to hear about that, it's no fun having a bad boss! My previous boss was a pain in the neck, so condescending, but my current one is thankfully really nice and understanding and can't do enough for me.

• Posted

Me all I need to hear someone is sick and it starts. I'm so sick of it when will it stop. sad
  • Posted

I am feeling the same! I wake up and think today will b ok but then bang it starts feel sick chest hurts I now think I have concussion as I fell up the stairs and banged my mouth so that's running round my head! My family are sick of me always wanting reassurance 😞
    • Posted

Same, my partner is trying his best but I've come to the point where I'm just bottling it up now because I don't want anyone to be put out. Today hasn't been great, feeling really low, keep getting waves of panic, which I'm just about managing to control through breathing. Blahhh!
  • Posted

Im the same way...Alot of morns Im fine till it gets close to time for me to leave house..When I have to drive which is everyday I get shaky sweating sensitivity to light and lightheaded and chest tightness..My husband even has to take time off work to take me to appts cause i get so disoriented and afraid Ill hurt someone on road...All this hit me 3 years ago when Ihit menopause...Its hard to deal with but do the best I can...Hang in there ladies..Hugs to all...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.