Third bartholin cyst in 6 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi every one ~ I currently am on day 7 of this cyst its not large and neither were the last 2 in fact the only way I knew i had them was wiping after I had urinated it burned I investigated tgen found the little bump.

however this 3rd one is lasting longer even w/sitz baths - I just added some witch hazel compresses yesterday & they help.

I also ( every time ) get my period while the cyst is present Ugh!  So I feel like i have to pay extra special attention rruing to keep it clean and ketting air hit it.

I wass thinking of trying another compress today but using epson salt in rhe water then soaking the cloth.

sorry to see so many women suffer from this I just turned 50 and my first one was in 2012 I wonder if my hormones are the cause

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yikes sorry for the typos **** 
  • Posted

Cathy, I'm 51 and this is the first time I experienced this. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope you get some relief and they don't continue to reoccur.
  • Posted

Oh No!  So you have it now? how  long and what are you doing for it - if you don't mnd me asking 
  • Posted

Seems every 2 yrs - 1st one was 2012 then 2014 and now but like i said the fisrt 2 were small and gone within a few days maybe 3 - I didnt even use epson salt 2nd time just a few inches of warm water but this time UGH its just hanging around - and Im using epson salt - Witch hazel, also tried Prid

this just Sucks!  I wanna get back to the Gym

• Posted

Heya,

After reading nearly every post out there I think different things work for different people. I tried everything but I think a lot of the physical application remedies like the calamine and witch hazel didn't really work for me because the cyst felt like it was deep inside...couldn't imagine how it could come to a head if it were small, I infected and painless. I had it for about 4weeks, and I didn't notice any changes until the day I started taking silica complex & serappeptase. Im not sure which of the two worked its magic...and when I noticed a tiny change (..and Believ me I noticed every tiny change as I was so depressed I'd wake up every morning hoping it had gone) I went double time crazy with hot compresses and I would do one every free minute I had with a towel soaked in hot water. this was my 3rd bartholin cyst and I'm 29. 1st one happened just before my 29th bday and I feel cursed! It finally kind of disappeared and is at about 5% of its original size and I'm

So paranoid I keep checking. Still taking silica and serappeptase but just once a day. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply & info if this  don't go away soon I was thinking about the oral supps

it just feels like its getting better meaning when i wipe its not burning and i can actually touch it, then a few hrs later i geel stinging and tye burning is back a little so frustrating and SO different than the first 2 !!!!!  

And to top it off I have my Period!  rolleyes 

• Posted

Hope it goes soon for you. I also think they're hormone related and become more prominent at 'that time of the month'...perhaps don't worry to much if it's small, not painful and there are no signs of infection. They are apparently less common in those over 40 if you read the research, however according to my consultant, can hit at any age. I had 5 biggies between Sept-Dec last year, had two drained in hospital, tried every remedy I could find online (did nothing) then the marsupulisation done on New Years Eve....sigh, they are pesky to say the least!!
    • Posted

Oh wow!  You had 5 in a few months span?  Thats awful!  I have a weird feeling this one is just very different than the first two sad

the weird thing is mine are never round like Ive read ( meaning the pimple like on the outer) its straight meaning its right on the line of the gland its odd - Thus time around was the first time i felt around and probed to the actual ball inside or underneath - I always just concentrated on the zit like part that was visible 

yes they are pesky and annoying 

im praying this is it or Im gonna have to look into surgery but I want that to be my last resort..... 

• Posted

You've possibly been feeling the duct entrance rather than the gland itself (which is what you're now feeling) (the ball)..hopefully yours will sort itself out by itself,and soon. Mine got so swollen, it was painful to walk/sit. I think many people are aware of a slight swelling, but can leave them if not causing any issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.