Threadworm natural cure

Posted , 6 users are following.

After reading extensively all the problems people are having with threadworms I would like to share something that has helped me fight them naturally over the past two years.

I have four children and in my last pregnancy got the dreaded worms and spent ages trying to find how to get rid of them naturally.

I discovered a product called DIATOMACEOUS EARTH, or diatom which is a powder you can add to water and scratches the worms to dehydrate them and they die. This is also known a silica or silicum. I buy mine from ebay for a 1k bag it costs about £10 and mix a tea spoon in water every night and drink, tasted a bit odd but easy to get used to. There are different types of diatom and you have to get FOOD GRADE as some can be used in chicken coops to dehydrate red mite by scratching the surface of their skin in the same way. SO look for diatom food grade, or diatomaceous earth food grade and you can be itch free.

It takes bout three days of doing it every night and now I take mine every day as its also good for hair and skin and stuff. Its a natural product that comes from crushing rock or something from the bottom of the sea.

Do your reading on it and then order some quick cos it is a massive relief.

I know it works because I have stopped taking it before for and the itching comes back within a few weeks or months sometimes. SO now I take it every night.

The usual problems of washing bedding keeping kids nails short and all that are still important as the kids WONT take it I can gurarantee as it is strange and powdery to drink but mine havent had them, touch wood, for months.

SO good luck, been meaning to poast this for ages and am going to try and spread the word as it has helped me feel clean again!!!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have Been aware of this D.earth as it's given to dogs .but wasn't aware that we could also take it as humans.

I shall send for some ASAP .thanks.

• Posted

Just watch not to have too much of this DE stuff. I have read that because it is similar to sand (it's finely crushed calcium), it can actually damage your kidneys and cause kidney stones, nor is it great for your liver.

Pinworm are extremely difficult to get rid of, but unless they are present in your body in very large numbers (due to recurrent ongoing infections for a number of life cycles of the worms) I believe they are not likely to cause longlasting health effects - unlike some treatments, potentially.

The thing is, I think, to respond to an infection immediately and with a thorough, and targeted effort that addresses hygeine and your everyday enviroment. And then, to have good hygeine habits ALWAYS to minimise exposure generally and the risk of re-infection. In that vein, never eat with your hands if at all possible, regularly thoroughly wash your hands with soap and hot water, never put your hands anywhere near your mouth, nose or eyes, keep your nails short, wash bedding and clothes in very hot water regularly, be careful when eating out in terms of cutlery on shared tables etc, be careful in public toilets and eat pumpkin seeds and garlic as part of your everyday diet. If you do all these things you are minimising your potential exposure, but it is still possible to contract pinworm.

Mebendazole in 2 x doses will kill the live worms (take the second dose 3 weeks after the first due to the life cycle of the worms that were eggs when the others were hatched already). It's not recommended but probably safe to take a third dose in another 3 weeks as well, to combat re-infection from the environment if microscopic eggs were not cleared away. 

It is possible to eradicate the infection without the above medications contraindicated in pregnancy. Garlic suppositories (a piece of garlic) are probably effective during an active infection, as well as the listed hygeine measures. Which means it is even more possible to get rid of an infection when formal medicine can be tolerated, with a lot of hard work and care. 

• Posted

Another interesting issue ...taking gastric inhibitors or other antiacid remedies,reduces the acid in the stomac ,thus providing a ideal envoiroment for the worms.
    • Posted

Hi Anna,

I'm really interested in this as I have to take omeprazole on a regular basis.

I am about to try a combination of Black Walnut & Wormwood Complex and phsyllium husks combined with all the careful hygeine but I'm concerned that they will reoccur as I have to keep taking the antiacids longterm.

• Posted

I'm starting to believe you can't never get Rid of these. I've been to 2 different doctors last year October and January. Several pills. Went to an infectious disease doctor ask didn't believe me but gave me 2 doses of 400mg Alban whatever it is & felt one crawling on me the next morning. Of course he didn't believe me so that was the end of medicine. Went to online stuff & got black walnut wormwood cloves. Combined into one pill- didn't work. So did the parasite cleanse black walnut wormwood cloves separately. Worked to where's I didn't feel then omg. Thank God but started in the weekly dose and felt then again so that wad 5 times back to back. Weekly for a month then 2more times until my stomach had sharp pains(figured wormwood). So quit and only stayed on the cloves. Weekly wormwood. Added papayA seeds. Nite adding 1800mg,pumpkin seeds 4 x twice day. So. Don't feel then all the time but I can feel then wiggle. So I'm beginning to believe like acupinctuonist. You gave them for life. I've taken even 5 different tines pin x. Till I had diarrhea. Pineapple. Wash bed sheets everyday for year!!!Gloves cleaning toilet everyday. My house is clean. I don't vacuum but once a @ month to keep eggs from flying- so depressing. Tried another doctor & he said," I don't have then'. Great. He could've given me one pill to get then give omg. But he thinks I don't have them. Just great. So depressing I just don't though about it and live without the hopes of ever saying or getting married "ever". Might try another I'nfectious disease doctor so ure can tell me I don't have then again. Ridiculous just ridiculous
    • Posted

how long have you had the worms for?

I have the same thing. It's so incredibly depressing. I have no idea what to do anymore about them and honestly have contemplated suicide a few times as a result.

Just wondering, do you have any other health problems? I think that some people struggle to get rid of them due to weakened immune system or a build up of toxins/heavy metals in the body. A lot of people I've read who can't get rid of them also have a candida problem.

I hope we can both find the answer to getting rid of them!

• Posted

Hi. Since after dating this guy ( he went onto someone else in September). in October of 2013. Maybe from him but he got married so go figure. I worked in a daycare so maybe that's it??? Or I go to thrift stores & bought a used hamper. So wherever I got them I also at the daycare did 2 year olds which if never done. Usually3 yr olds so did a lot of changing and could've gotten them that wayanyway I went you the doctor and he forgot to give me refill. (Weekend doctor). They came back viciously omg. It wasn't just at night it was in the daytime omg I flipped. Got more medicine and decided to wait till after Christmas. Saw doctor after Christmas(a different weekend doctor). He gave me stronger medicine 5 pills. Didn't work. Went to id doctor and he didn't believe me. Wanted me to do the sticky test but I couldn't afford a lot as it was in another town as was he. So. .... Decided on my own online remedies. The parasite cleanse worked for some people. I saw on here so I did that for 5 times how they tell you to and it worked actually. I didn't feel them except once a month. But the wormwood Is bad for you after long periods. Started having sharp pains in my stomach. So tried the weekly maintenance with that and that's what I do now. Once a week wormwood. 7 capsules 4 of pumpkin seeds twice day 1800mg 2 papaya 45 mg , & 3 cloves twice a day which were in the parasite program. I'm healthy but just can't completely rid them. Maybe you should do the parasite cleanse. ??? I'm gonna try another id doctor again. I'm bout interested in anyone so that helps as I don't have to worry about someone else. I'm post 40"s so it's not a huge issue. Hope you get better.Get back with you later- don't give up.
    • Posted

Problem was I wanted to stay on the wormwood black walnut cloves forever because it was working. I didn't feel them omg. But knew if have to stop eventually. Wormwood isn't good for your internal organs. Ahh. It was a short brief period of relief. 5 times back to back and then weekly for one month then twice more then for a month now weekly on the wormwood. The pumpkin; papaya; & cloves are twice daily. Don't really feel then at night anymore but crawling once in awhile. Annoying so maybe they're almost gone???
    • Posted

Did you ever feel them in your sinuses or on your scalp? I have a crawling feeling on my scalp and itching in my nose and ears. I haven't actually seen anything there so I'm not sure if it's my imagination. Also, were any of the worms you saw black? 
    • Posted

Hi I did feel one in my nose once crawling. I think I had vacuumed without covering up the bed where I had laundry. I shook something and later felt it in my nose. I figured An egg. To make sure it wasn't a Nat I blew my nose and no Nat so it had yo be. Doctor said they don't get on your nose so then ok what Was it? I've never seen any. I thought I saw one clear and thin. On my scalp is what I started with. Partly besides the itching. I think if they're in your nails they can transfer to your scalp. So I use a tooth brush I don't use to clean my nails. Doctor didn't believe me. I'm gonna go to another I'd,doctor. Regular doctor didn't believe me. I shampooed carpet today and yesterday so maybe that way they can't fly. And maybe it sucked them out of my carpet
    • Posted

Also I did see one. At the first when I started itching over a year ago. I thought how can they stay inside you and there was one in the toilet. Hanging on to the toilet. Half an inch. Clear just a worm. So yeah but I've seen a few since then look like but. Never enough to clear to me up oh well still trying
    • Posted

I've started classes & we're studying infectious disease at the time believe that. It says " they( parasites or whatever) are usually contagious to susceptible people with weakened immune systems. I've got tested recently and I'm really low on iron and had to get medicine so.... They people who said it could be your diet etc they're right somewhat. And they do thrive on sugar. I've cut mostly all sugar out. Only use creamer in my coffee and maybe sweets once every two months. Just for your fyi.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.