tingling lip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi . When I touch my chin and jaw near my lip . I get a tingling feeling when I touch that area . Feeling abit like pins and needles . Just wondering if anyone else has had it. I've had it for 2-3 weeks . It's only when I touch and sometimes the feeling goes into my gum. Weird I know. I'm a worrier and always think the worst

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

something's going on with the nerve there. I've had that and it goes away. it usually happens when I've been grinding or clenching my teeth. nothing bad, just a pinched nerve. wonder what others have to say...
    • Posted

Thankyou Lisa . It's driving me crazy . It's only when I touch my that part of my face so weird.
    • Posted

Hello Lisa . I still have that tingling when touch my chin . I have it everyday to touch . How long did you have it for. I'm so worried about It . I'm constantly down the doctors and dentist . Said I'm fine . My dentist has refered me to the hospital . I've done research on Google said it could be ms or brain tumors .
    • Posted

still get it occasionally. Just visited a neurologist this past week and she was less than helpful. yes, google says it could be ms or a tumor, but it could also be trigeminal neuralgia or just even vasculitis due to our GCA and/or PMR. I'd see if you could get access to a neurologist who specializes in Peripheral Neurology. Otherwise you'll end up with a visit like mine, lol.  My neurologist says she doesn't know what mine is, it's probably due to my meds and/or my GCA. Since my symptoms of this and others seem to be increasing as I taper down, who knows. 

good luck.

• Posted

Hi, I also have tingling feelings in my lip and on a bad day it will go into my gums on the left side of my face it can also cause me pain in my nostril and my eye. The doctor says it is neuralgia, he put me on amitriptyline which seemed to work for a while and recently on gabapentine the pregabalin but the latter two gave me bad side effects so I have stopped taking them. Don't know what next to try have been looking at Tens Machine if anyone has tried would appreciate knowing how you went on. At the moment just trying to get through the pain with strong painkillers, only relief I seem to get is warm in bed and also hot drinks which seem to sooth it  
    • Posted

It's really weird . I only noticed it one day when I was applying my make up foundation . I've not had bad pain just can niggle sometimes buts it's more tingling When I touch that area . But when I don't touch it my face feels fine . I've been dentist she just had blank look on her face as I thought it was my gum . I'll go doctors . Also could it be anti depressants x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.