Upper and cervical back pain for a year! No diagnosis. Am I being naive or is this taking to long?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well it all started in December 2020... morning stiffness that has continued to get worse and still does, pain between my shoulder blades with pain down my left arm and in my arm pit (This is constant) and I am also having SEVERE pain behind my left ear at random times that is honestly like nothing I have ever experienced, it lasts only 1 to 2 minutes but completely finishes me off for the day. So far I have had a cervical spine MRI showing a reverse cervical curve and two herniated discs (No nerve impingement) with osteophytic disc bars. I also have narrowing of the left foramen at c5-c6 and C6-C7. none of this means anything to me and so far my GP has not paid much notice to this. Safe to say everyone has back pain at one point but for me most normal back pain subsides with activity, this is where my current issue differs. the more I move the worse it gets and I'm at a loss. I have been grinding through it but for the last 10 weeks I have been off sick and all I have is a medication I can only take at night because it knocks me out. Everything I look up says osteoarthritis but my doctor just avoids it and he says "Because of my age". so instead he is sending me for a brain scan and a neurology assessment. Am I being to impatient? is he doing the right thing?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.