Vasectomy 3 months ago and still in pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a vasectomy on July 13, 2018. From the very start I was in a lot of pain, excruciating pain. It eased up a bit after about a month.

I started a new job August 7th where I am doing a ton of walking and bending over, its just part of the job and nothing I can do about it. But I have noticed the pain is still there (its there even when im not doing any walking or bending over) it started in my left testicle and sometimes I can feel the pain all the way up to my stomach and the last 3 days the pain is in my left AND now my right testicle. I called my Urologist who did the surgery and he said that I just needed to wear more support so I started wearing my jock strap with tight breifs but no relief.

I went in a few weeks after my surgery and he said I had no issues but prescribed me some inflamation medicine.

Im just worried that I still have this pain over 3 months after my vasectomy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on relieving this pain. I am considering going to a new urologist and getting another opinion.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Second opinion is great idea. I had to go to 3 before one said, Oh ya more people have problems w vas than reported, 30%! Ive had mild pain for 13 years, i know it will not go away, unless.. Many people have pain go away after reversal, 80%, but the 20% either have more problems or little relief...

The book most urologist use in school was found to have a circular referance, a referance that was wrong, it reported less than 1% of vas cases having problems. A doctor found it about 3 years ago and it was appened. Now its pretty common for doctors who are up to speed stating up to 30% have reported long term problems. Thus this blog. I have periods of inflamation. the vas tubes and epiditimis swell from there being no where for the stuff to go since it was clipped/tied. My wife (and me) massages the balls/tubes almost daily while we lay in bed in morning or evening and in the hot tub, this keeps things from clogging up to bad and provides relief. Otherwise for you time will tell. I also had a severe drop in testosterone after vas. come to find out 90% of all guys who have pain after vas almost emediatly have a drop in T. Doctors are associating it with pain in the balls area causing body to shut down T production because of the pain.. Get you testosterone checked asap and follow your levels for 6 months, u may be unhappily suprised. at 45 my pre vas T level was about 800, 14 months later 325, thats like an 80 year old. I was allways tired. I started Testoserone replacement at 14 months after vas. Many report T levels returning to normal after a vas reversal... Just my story, but like many many others. I am saving for a reversal, but life things keep stealing the money...

• Posted

Hi, I have had a lot of pain and trouble with my vasectomy and yes I have had it reversed. For me it has been better, though not quiet what life was before. Best thing is to NOT have the cruel cut!!

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Rhett:

Please start with reading this article, the odds are that you will be ok in time, but stay in close with your doctor and request a referral back to the urology surgeon to discuss.

https://vasectomy-information.com/post-vasectomy-pain-syndrome-scientific-review/

If in time things are not improving then you may need to look at the treatment cascade in the article linked above.

Good luck getting sorted out, I have been there, and after a year in pain I went for a reversal surgery which was a 90 to 95% fix.

• Posted

yep. im the same but only 5 weeks on. i was getting a bit concerned myself . same symptoms as you. pain in the left testicle and sometimes in the lower abdomen like the feeling you get if you have been kicked in them.

• Edited

Ask for an MRCP. That is an MRI that shows the greatest details to find out why you have pain and if anything went wrong during your vasectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.