Visit to Docs this morning

Posted , 10 users are following.

Saw my Doc earlier and spoke about the Vit E Capsules and how good they are for VA. Said I know they obviously aren't poisonous but I told her I had been using some up inside even though there were some concerns about the gelatin shell. Straight away she was very eager for me to stop using the capsules because she said the shell wouldn't break down. Then of course there was the subject of not using something inside that's meant to be swallowed. But thing is, how does she know the gelatin shell won't break down?! Anyway she gave me a prescription for R.....s and I am using it now so I will see how I get on.

2 likes, 95 replies

95 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. Interesting. What did she give you as I'm curious. My choice was premarin cream and I stopped after six weeks as I don't want cancer. Using coconut oil. I read you just put e oil inside not the shell. There both good but e is greasey. Let me know
    • Posted

I've tried the e oil with and without the shell. Yes very greasy. But very helpful. I have just contacted the manufacturers directly to ask them about the Vit E Capsules. It was the shop I messaged the other day. I am hoping for a clearer answer.
    • Posted

I suspect you'll get a similar answer Shirley - that they're made for going in the mouth and they won't be able to offer advice for putting them anywhere else.  I noticed the replens has palm oil in it, so am wondering if it's similar to the pessaries that I've used for a couple of nights.  But they are expensive, so that's a better way of doing it!  The only thing is, I prefer pessaries, and it looks as though that doesn't come in that form.
    • Posted

Probably Chris but it was worth a try anyway. I will tell you what they say when they get back to me. I didn't realise the Replens has palm oil in it. Yes maybe it is similar to the pessaries you have been using. Yes the Replens would be cheaper. I would prefer pessaries too but I don't think you can get Replens like that. Just out of interest I have put one of the capsules into warm water to see what happens. It's been in the water for about 20 mins or half an hour and the capsule is still intact though softer.
    • Posted

Yes, Shirley do let us know what the manufacturer says. I am going to ask my pharmacist who knows all about medications and vitimins. I find that using the Vitimin E by squeezing out the gel seems to be very safe and a very small dosage that many women have been using for years, not just down below, but on their faces, their scars, you name it, they have used Vitimin E for years out of the gel capsul. If it were not safe the ones that have been swallowing it for years would all be in trouble.

Lynn

• Posted

I THINK, Shirley, that the acid in the vagina breaks down the capsule so that would release the oil, but I'm still not sure that it would dissolve the capsule enough for it to disappear, and that was my worry.  Personally I couldn't have got the oil up into the right place as a liquid if the capsule was removed - that was my problem.  Lynn, just looking at the swallowing aspect of it, after I read today about antioxidants actually making people more vulnerable to several cancers, and I know there have been warnings in the past about overdosing on Vit E, I'm really wary and I do think we need to be aware of not taking too much.  I'm not suggesting for a moment that the dose you're suggesting is too much - I truly have no idea about that aspect, but I don't think we can assume because people have been swallowing a vitamin for years, that it's OK.  There are newer studies constantly on this sort of thing, and the worst of it is, so many are conflicting!  I'm not doing anything for a couple of days but might well go back to the E pessaries then, which obviously do contain a certain amount of Vitamin E in the palm oil ingredient of it, but I'm going to think about it:-)
    • Posted

The water would soon become tepid whereas your vagina stays warm.

My experience is the oil definitely oozes out.

• Posted

Yes that's true Beverly. The Vagina will stay warm. When I have used the capsules I have just put a pin prick in it to help things along. I used the Replens cream yesterday. Just inserted one dose and so far things are still pretty good up there. The manufacturing end of H and B said they would get back to me in a couple of days. I will report back with what they say.
    • Posted

Beverley it wasn't so much the oil we were worried about but the cellulose capsule, which although it would break down, would it come out LOL!  But from what someone said, it should.
    • Posted

Did you do your homework on Replens Shirley? There are a lot of chemicals in Replens. Just Google the words " Are Replens safe to use? and see what you get. There is a lot less worry about using Vitimin E that has no chemicals then using Replens. I was going to use Replens myself several years ago until I did my homework about what is in Replens? The water part of replens is okay, but check out what the women say about all the other chemicals in Replens. I don't want to discourage you, but since everyone is diagnosing what is in each vitimin or cream we are using you better check out Replens and what is in it as well.

Lynn

• Posted

I've been comparing PH. Stomach is 1.5-3.5. Vagina is 3.8-4.5. Semen is basic which is 7.1 -8. Alkaline is 7-14, So I think there is plenty of acid in the vagina to break down a gelatine cap. Can't see any reason for concern. If for any reason it wasn't breaking down it would eventually slide out, I am sure. Especially in the oil.
  • Posted

Shirley, THANK YOU SO MUCH for asking and letting us know this.  When I 'mini-researched' it, I got the impression that the acid in the vagina would break it down, but that doesn't mean to say it gets rid of it, even though it breaks it down.  That's what worried me - leaving a 'glob' of cellulose behind.  I hope the R..s works for you - I have a friend who uses it and is very happy with it.  Do let us know how it goes:-)
    • Posted

Hi Chris, No probs. Yes that's exactly my fear too, leaving a glob of cellulose behind. I will report back on the Replens. Glad your friend is very happy with it.
    • Posted

Yes, she's been using it for a very long time too:-))))  Her doctor prescribed estrogen but she looked at the warnings about endometrial cancer and didn't fancy it so then went on to Replens.  Very wise!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.