Why don't doctor's inform men that vasectomies may cause a sexual difference to their functioning?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm really surprised that doctors don't inform all men seeking a vasectomy what alot of men have reported to them for decades that they do notice a difference to their sexual function after a vasectomy such as weaker erections, cannot achieve a second erection whereas before the vasectomy they were able, etc. And then men also feeling numbness or pain in the testicle(s). I have all of the above but even worse when it comes to sexual function since I could no longer bring it to the full extent as before when I was able 4 to 6 times a week where even twice a week was slightly over doing it. I still have the same problem today but worse since I aged from 32 to 56 now. Now I must wait a good 4 to 8 or even 10 days before trying if i'll function good enough that is because since 32 I also get pain in the erections due to being over exerted. The reversal I had at 36 might of helped me or maby not.

I'm surprised even google states it wrong that vasectomies don't cause any difference to sexual function when a huge number of men reported otherwise. And its required by law for doctors to inform all patients all risks with a surgery yet they falsely claim no difference to sexual functioning. Although google does report this if men feel pain in the testicles after a vasectomy- "post vasectomy pain may be caused by direct damage to spermatic cord structures and compression of nerves in the spermatic cord, ", SO its common sense cutting those nerves in the spermatic cord may absolutely cause pain in the testicle(s) and even a difference to your sexual functioning due to your sexual arousal and erections trying to cope to the permanent damage yet doctors say no difference to sexual functioning, why?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.