Worst nightmare

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 20.

Not going to deny that I've been around a little bit ... But I'm in a relationship , supposed to be a faithful relationship but I guess you can say I messed up on that part. Not like you think tho guys I promise.

I Got diagnosed with herpes 2 TODAY December 15th, 2015

No idea how to deal with this .. At all depression is an understatement . Just want to die .. I don't know what life is , all I do is cry ,

The crazy thing is my boyfriend doesn't even know yet , pretty crazy thing to tell him , he constantly sees me crying and constantly asks me what's wrong ., I don't know how to tell him at the least I can tell him I didn't cheat on him with a dude , but how do I tell him that I have herpes .. And he more then likely got diagnosed with it.

My first breakout ., which is healing from what I can see was pretty bad me and my dude thought it was just a chemical / 2nd degree burn from me using nair like I usually do . But after a swab or two I learned differently . Couldnt wash myself that's how bad it was . A&D Vaseline was like my best friend ..,

I Don't know how in the world I'm suppose to tell him , if he leaves me I don't think I can face with life again , how am I suppose to tell my family? My daddy ? My brothers .. This is like my worst nightmare Come true .. I mean why couldnt I get a disease that is curable , gonorrhea, chalymdia something ., I use to talk down & about people with these type of situations .., I can't get rid of this . I'm a nervous train wreck with fear of what the breakouts will do to me ., all unanswered questions , all the nurse told me was I had herpes ., I didn't get anymore information I was too in shock , I'm still in shock , I just feel like FUCK life (excuse my language) but I have nothing to live for .,, please tell me life gets better ? Feel like dying ., I don't know what life is now

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long have you guys been dating? I was just diagnosed with type 1 and I think I'm having an outbreak now. The lymph nodes is my groin are working overtime right now. I thought the exact same thing...why couldn't I get gonorrhea or something, burn for a day or two and be fine. Hopefully, this feeling goes away soon. You'll be alright. Just have an honest conversation with him...has he ever had any bumps resembling razor bumps or anything like that?
    • Posted

Type one is WAY easier then type 2 it seems like .. At least it's not genital is it ? I thought type one was like oral wise ., around the Lips and mouth and stuff ? What is lymph ?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years going on 4 in June .. I don't think anything is going on down there everytime I see him scratch his thigh or something I start freaking out . I'm seriously scared that he will leave me and I'll be all alone I don't even want to think about dating or trying over again with this life long disease . The outbreaks is what's going to scare me ., me and my boyfriend have sex and I've been making him use condoms now I'm sure he is going to end up getting suspicious .

How long have you had herpes type 1 ?

How did you contract it if i may ask ? What does the doctor say .. Do you take any meds or anything ? In any major pain when you pee or anything ?

How do you tell your close important family members ?

• Posted

Technically, HSV1 is oral herpes but it can still be transmitted to the genitals if you have oral sex with someone who has it. Lymph nodes are our body's way of filtering out bacteria, viruses, waste material and other fluids in the blood. You have them all over your body and they may become enlarged when they encounter infections. 

You guys have been going out for a while and this is your first outbreak? He probably already had/has it. He should probably get tested but i'm guessing he's either asymptomatic (probably won't show symptoms) or really lucky. 

I was officially diagnosed a few weeks ago, but my blood test from september said I had it. I was seeing a girl for a few months and then she dumped me. I've only had two sexual partners (including the girl I think I got it from), so this kinda sucks. She's had quite a few partners. The doctor said it was common but on my genitals is a problem for me. I feel like I've got golf balls between my legs. Not on any medication yet, as I hadn't noticed an outbreak until late last week. I don't have any pain when I pee, it's just uncomfortable and my lymph nodes in my groin are inflammed. I dunno how to tell someone. I don't drink or eat behind someone unless they are my girlfriend, so pretty safe there. Probably won't tell anyone unless there is potential to date them (obviously before though).

• Posted

I did have discharge they put me on some antibiotics , I think the first outbreak I had was worse enough I was swole and peeling and the whole 9 yards . It's a scary thoughts that's all I can describe it as . If me and my current boyfriend don't work out then it's done for me . I contracted mine from a female also co figure . My boyfriend was a virgin when we got together so this might hit him hard even tho I told him I was messing around with one of my female friends he probably thought I was just joking

I didn't have a blood test done I got swabbed and they told me at the last minute no extras or anything just that I was diagnosed with herpes .

How do you know when you have an outbreak , and how long do yours last ?

Mine is just now healing my first outbreak .. The sores looking terrifying. Can you get oral sex if you have genital herpes ? Or no ? How does that work ?

So many unanswered questions I would love to know ...

How old are you ?

• Posted

I just got diagnosed and I'm pretty sure this is my first outbreak because my groin is a bit swolen and was inflammed a few days ago. No real bumps that I can see. I have no idea how long this will last (HSV virgin...might as well laugh now). Well after 3 years, he's probably already got it. Try getting the IgG blood test for it. 

You probably can if you and the other person are careful about not doing it when you are shedding or using a dental dam. But there is always a chance of transmission. I'd shy away from it until your outbreaks calm down and you get a hold of it. I know that they approved Truvada for people who have partners with HIV, but I don't know if it applies to HSV. I'm 28. 

• Posted

There are three approved antiviral meds for HSV: acyclovir, valacyclovir and famciclovir.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. rolleyes For the first time in my life, I also wish I had gonorrhea or chlamydia instead. Heck, even genital HSV-1! So, I totally hear you, if that's any consolation.

Rather than type things up again, take a look at my discussion thread pinned to the top of this forum's homepage. It covers a lot of info about herpes and the questions you probably have, as they were questions I had.

Try to remain upbeat. It does get better, although the emotional side can still hit you occasionally. You'll need to tell your bf at some point, so he can also get tested. Anyway, look after yourself and stay strong!

• Posted

Hi my name is Amber i am 19 years old , i have hsv 2 , also bgot dignosed with chlmidia , i went to three doctors at three different places and the most helpful has been plan parent hood , i feel alot better , it is hard to tell your partner but just scream it at them , thats what i did i screamed it at him and hung up the phone it took him five mins to call back mostly because i was scared to talk , but i finally answered and he said i love u no matter what and will stick by your side , its hard and if i knew where u were at i would come and give u a hug , plan parent hood has put me on pills for the rest of my life it makes the outbreaks not come back and makes it so u can have sex and it won't get to your partner ? I don't know how i got it because my partner has tested negative everytime , we never sleep with anyone else , u could have herps all your life and it will stay dorminate till its ready to come out
    • Posted

I heard a lot about planned parent hood .

Do you have health insurance ? Or how does that work ?

What kind of medicine do they have you taking ?

How long ago did you found out you were diagnosed with herpes 2? Did you tell your close family like your parents or siblings ?

• Posted

I found out six months ago , i am not sure what medicine i still need to get it , no i don't have inssurence but they work with u , they either take care of the bill or don't send u one or whatever , i have not told my family because i don't want then to know , me personally the only person who will see me naked is my bf and me , you should go to plann parent hood and see what they can give u , they answered all my questions for two hrs hugged me because i cried
    • Posted

Sorry for asking so many questions . I'm just so interested .

You and your boyfriend are sexually active ? And he hasn't contracted the device ...

How not ??

• Posted

When i first broke out we had sex and he never got it , then we kept having sex till i found out what i had and i told him and went and got tested and he doesn't have it but ha has anyibodies for herps 1 so he is protected from getting gentail herps but he has never had an outbreak but because he is type 1 his body won't get type 2 at least thats what the doctor said
    • Posted

Don't worry about the questions
    • Posted

Type 1 only affords limited protection against Type 2. He can very well contract Type 2 on top of Type 1 (but likely a milder case). It's not unheard of. Look at Stephanie's reply (she has both). My giver has both types, too. Just correcting some of the misinfo I'm reading.
  • Posted

The ugly truth is you don't know when you got it. And we get alot of false negative tests so you probably didn't get it with that girl. You may have got it before you and you boyfriends relationship and it's not your fault that you got false negs at lest you tried to be safe
    • Posted

My little friend told me that she just got diagnosed with it . She has an type one and I guess when we were doing what we're doing she had it in her mouth and I ended up contracting it ...

It's crazy .., one of the complicated situations I've ever been in & it's scary .

Do you have it ?

• Posted

I figured someone that had herpes would start showing signs asap. Breakouts and all of it
    • Posted

Yes I do. I just found out and the way I found out was with an outbreak. I was in denial for a couple of days until it turned a Lil ugly. Tea tree oil was my best friend. I started to research it and found that a lot of people have it. It took me by surprise how they were just OK with it have you ever had a cold sore? It's like that. So I started to think of it like that . It comes every once in a while than it goes
    • Posted

I've never had a cold sore . I rather have a cold sore then having it on my genitals .. It's very disturbing. I used tea tree oil when I had my facial piercings it helps prevent infections really good .

How did you get it ? If you don't mind me asking .

I hear that vertex helps a lot ,, you can take that medicine and it can help prevent breakouts for the rest of your life just thinking about it being long term is what is so depressing I'm thinking about taking vitamins to keep my immune system up .

• Posted

If she has Type 1, then how do you have Type 2? Fyi, the number refers to the virus type, not the location of the infection.
    • Posted

She had one on her lip . I got oral sex from her and I ended up getting herpes on my vagina .

From what I'm hearing and seeing it happens all the time ..

• Posted

Then you have Type 1 on your vagina, if that's the case. You can get both types genitally. If you were diagnosed by test, what did the results say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.