Yet ANOTHER post about Wet Ones and Blepharitis

Posted , 22 users are following.

Before I went on this site, I was desparetely seeking to find help from someone who had blepharitis and cured it COMPLETELY. I saw online this youtube video from a lady who cured her blepharitis completely using coconut oil. While I tried this, I actually started to notice it was getting better. Here was the thing though, it got up to 60% better then when I went out to get the mail (windy day) my blepharitis came back and my eyes went down to only being 30% better. 

Then recently I came across a post by lynda79 about how she used wet ones, and I saw another user post about how their eyes were completely symptom free. This particular thread however was like a domino effect. Somebody tried it, got completely better, somebody else tried it, they got cured etc etc. 

So then I decided it was my turn to use Wet Ones, I started using them last Sunday, which by tomorrow will be a full week using them. 

My inital eye state was : Swollen, Dry Skin, Irritation, Dry Eyes in general, flaky skin, and I have even developed styes in the past.

My first day of using wet ones, it was such an immediate relief. I only did it twice the first day to try it out. My irritation went down and I was able to sleep comfortably. 

Third Day, flaky skin started to disappear, started doing this 4 times a day, did notice my eyelids were a bit dry so I started to use Aveeno on my eyelids to get rid of the dryness. 

I will keep updating about my eye state! (:

4 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So glad to hear this.  I started using Wet Ones 2 years ago and it has been like a miracle. I can actually use eye make up occasionally. Hope you have the same good luck.
    • Posted

I've been using makeup frequently (i'm in the makeup industry) They do not make a difference in my eye state. I think it's because it's not an eye infection just inflammation. 
  • Posted

I have been  on wet ones for 4 weeks and have clearer eye days. It's good and encouraging. But not completely cured. Are you in GB ana83617
    • Posted

I used the Wet Ones 4 times a day for 3 months for it to be completely cured.  I still use them if my eyes get itchy, red, or teary.  Twice a day does it.
    • Posted

No I am not, I didn't even buy the We t Ones in the red box, I bought the ones in the yellow box with the citrus scent, they are doing just well for me.
    • Posted

I am in GB and got wet ones in the blue pack
  • Posted

Blepharities is not curable it is for life, the symptoms may be kept at bay,by proper hygience but you have it for life, i have been going to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute for 8 years, it is aggravated by wind, humidity and eye makeup is the worst according to my doctors they forbid only if going to a wedding or special event. I tried the wet ones not much difference than regular wipes
    • Posted

My blepharitis is actually going away luckily. Very few symptoms, and I can wear makeup and go out with not as much problem. None of my symptoms seem to be coming back which I am grateful for, I have actually seen people become cured of blepharitis, The Wet Ones do not work for everyone, and lucky for me, my doctor said my case isn't bad especially since I jumped on it right away when I saw it. For example, I wore makeup today and my eyes feel completely fine. They got a teeny bit swollen afterwards, but I see so much improvement afterall. I used to not be able to wear eye makeup at all because it would hurt so bad, now I can comfortably do it. (: I am extremely pleased with the wet ones results. I hope you can find something that will work for you!
  • Posted

I agree that it is a chronic condition that can be controlled by using the Wet Ones.  I am in the USA and can get the ones in the red package at WalMart.  I recently ordered a big supply from Amazon. I use disposable mascara brushes and disinfect my eyeliner pencil and have had pretty good results.
    • Posted

i was told not to ever wear eyeline again that was 8 years ago i am 64 that its a big problem of re infecting all your good work...you disinfect with alcohol or do you wipe the eyeline pencil with wet ones. i tried wet ones with a coupon from Super Target they burn i love the Systane wipes they dont burn dont care for the ocusoft and i used them morning and night.
    • Posted

I use disposable mascara wands and wipe the eyeliner pencil with a Wet One before using.  Has worked for me.  I do not wear eye makeup every day or for long periods.  I am so happy to have clear eyes, I do not want to go backwards.
    • Posted

disposable mascara wands have never heard or seen where to you find and how to apply mascara it comes with its own wand in tube

• Posted

I want to inform people that today, I wore makeup for a full almost 15 hours. I went out in windy weather, and while this was great, I did seem to notice it was not that much of a bother like it used to be. My eyes do water every now and then, but before I started using the Wet Ones, they watered 24/7. Today is the first day I was able to use makeup while using wet ones for a week straight. 

Pros - No extreme irritation, no foreign body feelings, no itchiness 

Before Wet ones - Irritation, constant eye watering, itchiness to the max, extreme swollen eyelids after removing makeup. 

Cons today - I actually had a hard time figuring out what to remove my makeup with, so I decided to try baby shampoo. Mild swolleness after makeup removal. (which is not bad at all considering I used to not even be able to wear makeup otherwise it would hurt) 

I will update next week, also!

Since I cannot throw any makeup palettes away, I took a wet one wipe, cleaned all my brushes with it, as well as taking a wet one and wrapping it around my finger and dabbing the pans gently. Doing this really also did help with getting rid of any sort of bacteria. I have heard stories of people with blepharitis being able to use the same makeup, so that gave me plenty of hope. (:

If wet ones does not work for you, I hope everyone finds something for them!

I was one of those unlucky people with which coconut oil did not work for them.

• Posted

How do you actually use the wet ones please ana83617?

do you cut them into small pieces as Lynda 79 suggested?

• Posted

Yes I do, I use them 4x daily. I'm thinking of cutting down to 3x next week!
    • Posted

Yes, I did exactly as Lynda recommended and have great success.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.